Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

This format will produce a ton of drama and excitement. It's not going anywhere.
I wouldn't bet on it. The last 3 formats all went somewhere, none of which lasted more than 4 years. If it doesn't produce the results Brian wants, he'll change it again.

I rest my case:
mug.jpg
Still profiling by looks.

So, on a completely random note that I'm sure none of you will care about, I'm watching the US Open men's final between Kei Nishikori and Marin Cilic, two lower ranked players who beat Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer, the top two ranked players in the world, to get to the final. Guess who else has decided to watch some tennis today, in person? Jeffy and his wife. :D

So, on a completely random note that I'm sure none of you will care about, I'm watching the US Open men's final between Kei Nishikori and Marin Cilic, two lower ranked players who beat Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer, the top two ranked players in the world, to get to the final. Guess who else has decided to watch some tennis today, in person? Jeffy and his wife. :D

Make Jeff feel at home. Get your ass over there and climb the fence!

Make Jeff feel at home. Get your ass over there and climb the fence!
Too late - the match just ended. You should have told me earlier. That would totally have been worth getting arrested for.

He was about the last person I expected to see when they were showing random celebrities in the crowd. I squealed like a little fangirl when I saw him, and I don't even like him like that. Ha ha.

So anyone know which race team holds the fastest 4 tire, full tank of fuel pit stop? I want to say Kyle Busch's.

That stuff the 11 team was pulling off with those hot rod air guns had to be the record, or very close.

I think Kyle Busch's team had a 11 second four tire stop one time, but that may have been 2 tires? The internet isn't turning up anything. :(

I think Kyle Busch's team had a 11 second four tire stop one time, but that may have been 2 tires? The internet isn't turning up anything. :(
As in, 11 seconds flat? :eek:

There have been quite a few stops in the high 11 second range this season, and even last season. Kenseth's crew had a few of those.

WHY ISN'T NASCAR KEEPING TRACK OF THINGS LIKE THIS!? Gods, this is just going to annoy me until I find the answer.

Junior's crew has the fastest stop and is the fastest every week.

Source: AT&T Fastest Pit Crew fan poll

Well I'm talking of all time though. Like from the moment NASCAR was formed back in the 50s up to today.

I'm 99% sure that your answer will come from the last 5 years. Pit crews have gotten WAY faster over the years. I still remember when a sub 20 second stop was considered "fast."

You take the worst pit crew today and put them in 1998, they'd be considered lightning quick.

If I lived in a state with the nickname "murder mitten" I would hush my judgmental mouth, you got no reason to be uppity.

I'm not smitten with murder mitten. (I've never heard that phrase until today)

As I posted earlier, this place is full of northern hillbillies and stupid rednecks. I went in to Walmart (only because it's so close to work) today to pick up some water softener salt and was rewarded by seeing a 400lb woman wearing a massive T-shirt that said "Just Lick It!" on the back using her welfare card to buy a cart full of frozen pizza and swiss rolls.

I'm not smitten with murder mitten. (I've never heard that phrase until today)

As I posted earlier, this place is full of northern hillbillies and stupid rednecks. I went in to Walmart (only because it's so close to work) today to pick up some water softener salt and was rewarded by seeing a 400lb woman wearing a massive T-shirt that said "Just Lick It!" on the back using her welfare card to buy a cart full of frozen pizza and swiss rolls.

Sooo...she was a fatty?

I don't know what the problem is. Pretty obvious the guy on the fence was a hammered redneck. Not even debatable. How many "rednecks" go to NASCAR races.. How many of those rednecks get so shwasted they climb the fence?

I see no reason to get butthurt over generalizations.

I have plenty of personal examples of people who (under no definition anybody could come up with, would be considered "redneck" or "white trash") have performed such amazing stunts as this guy while under the influence of a decent amount of alcohol.
I bet most here could do the same.

I think about the only label that guy should carry is idiot. Idiot's come from all corners of society. Alcohol consumption to the extreme puts most all of us on equal footing.

I hardly ever see anything NASCAR related reported here in the Pittsburgh television market. Unfortunately this guy was the poster child in my area relating to NASCAR this past weekend. None of my coworkers spend any time at all watching or following the sport but each one of them saw what this idiot did last weekend. Sad.

Sooo...she was a fatty?

Well yeah. She certainly wasn't 400lbs of sculpted muscle. Her entire family was huge. They are probably on welfare and medicaid so we will get to pay for their habits until the die of a massive heart attacks but at least they won't make it past 50.

Well yeah. She certainly wasn't 400lbs of sculpted muscle. Her entire family was huge. They are probably on welfare and medicaid so we will get to pay for their habits until the die of a massive heart attacks but at least they won't make it past 50.
I worked for Walmart years ago and we had a name for people like that....candycapped. In other words, the people who rode around in electric carts whose only handicap was morbid obesity.

Some links to the Chase crew chiefs talking about the Chase.....

Paul Wolfe explains his team's mindset with the Chase beginning

Audio Link

Jimmy Fenning talks about the Chase and his future on SiriusXM Speedway

Audio Link

Chad Knaus says the Chase never gets old for him and the #48 team

Audio Link

Todd Gordon shares what makes Team Penske unique on SiriusXM Speedway

Audio Link

Darian Grubb discusses his return from suspension and the Chase

Audio Link

Alan Gustafson shares his outlook on the Chase with SiriusXM Speedway

Audio Link

Jason Ratcliff previews the Chase and more

Audio Link

Some links to the Chase crew chiefs talking about the Chase.....

Paul Wolfe explains his team's mindset with the Chase beginning

Audio Link

Jimmy Fenning talks about the Chase and his future on SiriusXM Speedway

Audio Link

Chad Knaus says the Chase never gets old for him and the #48 team

Audio Link

Todd Gordon shares what makes Team Penske unique on SiriusXM Speedway

Audio Link

Darian Grubb discusses his return from suspension and the Chase

Audio Link

Alan Gustafson shares his outlook on the Chase with SiriusXM Speedway

Audio Link

Jason Ratcliff previews the Chase and more

Audio Link

This should have it's own thread. Good stuff.

Ain't that the truth?

@ClintBowyer Got a new idea for a Dr's office. Actually see the patient when you schedule their appointment time. 4th week/more than 45 min late!!!!

Camper punch list complete for Loudon...
Oil changed in F 150...
Generator filters changed...
Boss(Work) said I have to go to Virginia next week....
Smiled, and showed him the calendar, with my 8 month old request and approval for next week off......
Still smiling....

Camper punch list complete for Loudon...
Oil changed in F 150...
Generator filters changed...
Boss(Work) said I have to go to Virginia next week....
Smiled, and showed him the calendar, with my 8 month old request and approval for next week off......
Still smiling....
Always a good time getting ready to go to the next race. Heck, I'm already working towards getting ready for Martinsville.

Back
Top Bottom