Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

They could scan the track as it is and program in the fixes without much trouble.

I'll probably come off as an iRacing purist. However, my main problem with that is, it would deviate from how iRacing does things. There is a reason that NASCAR and PEAK Anti-Freeze not only sanctioned an iRacing series, but they actually sponsor the series as well. I mean, sim racing has gone back since GUI became a thing in computers and sim racing is just now advanced enough as to where you have ultra realistic cars and tracks inside the simulation. Several drivers from NASCAR top three series actually use iRacing to practice and get some seat time. Some people have used iRacing to launch their own real world racing careers. Hel, the K&N Series uses the D-Class National Series to find young drivers who'd be interested in racing for a K&N team.

I just think that them scanning N. Wilkesboro and then "fudging" it, would be a betrayal as to what make iRacing, iRacing and why it's becoming a part of the motorsport stage.

I'll probably come off as an iRacing purist. However, my main problem with that is, it would deviate from how iRacing does things. There is a reason that NASCAR and PEAK Anti-Freeze not only sanctioned an iRacing series, but they actually sponsor the series as well. I mean, sim racing has gone back since GUI became a thing in computers and sim racing is just now advanced enough as to where you have ultra realistic cars and tracks inside the simulation. Several drivers from NASCAR top three series actually use iRacing to practice and get some seat time. Some people have used iRacing to launch their own real world racing careers. Hel, the K&N Series uses the D-Class National Series to find young drivers who'd be interested in racing for a K&N team.

I just think that them scanning N. Wilkesboro and then "fudging" it, would be a betrayal as to what make iRacing, iRacing and why it's becoming a part of the motorsport stage.
You may be right but iracing scanning and preserving the track is something I hadn't thought of. I think it'd be a great idea.
Ask some of the guys who raced there to try it out after it's *fixed* to make sure they got it pretty close.
I tell you, it's a great idea. Where's the petition for me to sign!?

You may be right but iracing scanning and preserving the track is something I hadn't thought of. I think it'd be a great idea.
Ask some of the guys who raced there to try it out after it's *fixed* to make sure they got it pretty close.
I tell you, it's a great idea. Where's the petition for me to sign!?

Exactly. Even a repave before scanning wouldn't put it back to the old track. They could come FAR closer to recreating the usable track as it was, and that can only be done thru software.

Exactly. Even a repave before scanning wouldn't put it back to the old track. They could come FAR closer to recreating the usable track as it was, and that can only be done thru software.
I agree and am really liking this idea the more I think about it. I hope there's some real movement to do things like this. Very cool and worthy way to preserve something awesome.

Well like I said, I'm probably an iRacing purist. I'd be okay with N. Wilkesboro in the service with a fudged racing surface if the track is never used in official series. It can be used in races hosted by other players and it can be used in player run racing leagues, but not in any official iRacing series.

image.jpg

I had a "Big One" at Daytona, all the cars bounced around like toys and basically kept going as if nothing happened.

WTF is that crap?
A European company making a NASCAR game.

Has anyone else tried that NASCAR 14 game?

What a terrible experience.
Personally, I would love to see what Codemasters could do with the Nascar franchise. Their Grid, Dirt, and F1 games are all good quality and fun. I would love to see a Nascar game made similar to what they did with F1 2013, where they added the Classic mode with old school cars, drivers, and tracks. It would be great to play a Nascar game with tracks that aren't in use anymore, or don't even exist (like Riverside, Texas World, N Wilkesboro).

They've gotten progressively worse IMO.

I liked the 2011 game. Inside Line was okay. NASCAR 14 absolutely sucked.
2011 was glitchy inside line is the best in my opinion.

Personally, I would love to see what Codemasters could do with the Nascar franchise. Their Grid, Dirt, and F1 games are all good quality and fun. I would love to see a Nascar game made similar to what they did with F1 2013, where they added the Classic mode with old school cars, drivers, and tracks. It would be great to play a Nascar game with tracks that aren't in use anymore, or don't even exist (like Riverside, Texas World, N Wilkesboro).
Technically 2 of them still exist.

This was from a few days ago. I would love to see them give it a go.

https://twitter.com/Codemasters/status/521572755599532032

Here's some of the autograph and memorabilia cards that I've recently pulled from packs of Nascar cards. You have to open a helluva lot of packs to find cards like this. I've been collecting them since they first came out in 1988.

View attachment 14914 View attachment 14915 View attachment 14917 View attachment 14918View attachment 14920

View attachment 14921View attachment 14919 View attachment 14922
Nice cards! I haven't bought any packs for years now; when Spencer stopped driving I became much less interested in the cards and die-casts. He was the one that I really made a point to collect.

Back
Top Bottom