Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Fellow JuniorNation members: This current situation with Junior being out with concussion symptoms and how he's very adamant about his health has got me thinking. In the event of his retirement, who do we change our allegiance to?

Just curious to your opinions. I know we all have our secondary and tertiary favorites and I for one won't stop watching just because he won't be racing. I personally like Truex, but I would like for Jeffery Earnhardt to get a good ride and get to see if he carries the name well.

16 teams set to participate in Watkins Glen test

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams will receive extra track time this week at newly repaved Watkins Glen International, site of the final road-course race on this year's schedule.

A total of 16 teams are scheduled to converge on the New York circuit for a two-day organizational test Tuesday and Wednesday in advance of the Aug. 7 Cheez-It 355 at The Glen (2:30 p.m. ET, USA, MRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio).

The $12 million offseason repaving project marks the first full resurfacing at the facility since 1989. The new asphalt includes the 2.45-mile layout used in NASCAR competition and the longer 3.4-mile configuration used by other series.

Drivers (in alphabetical order) scheduled to participate this week:
--AJ Allmendinger (JTG Daugherty Racing)
-- Ryan Blaney (Wood Brothers Racing)
-- Clint Bowyer (HScott Motorsports)
-- Chris Buescher (Front Row Motorsports)
-- Kurt Busch (Stewart-Haas Racing)
-- Kyle Busch (Joe Gibbs Racing)
-- Matt DiBenedetto (BK Racing)
-- Austin Dillon (Richard Childress Racing)
-- Chase Elliott (Hendrick Motorsports)
-- Brad Keselowski (Team Penske)
-- Michael McDowell (Circle Sport-Leavine Family Racing)
-- Jamie McMurray (Chip Ganassi Racing)
-- Casey Mears (Germain Racing)
-- Brian Scott (Richard Petty Motorsports)
-- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (Roush Fenway Racing)
-- Martin Truex Jr. (Furniture Row Racing)

from here

A beautiful day in the Finger Lake region of New York for some testing @ Watkins Glen.....

CoTHfrSWEAAfpFc.jpg:large

No need to be.....

Hell, call Martinsville instead and join us!

1-877-RACETIX
President Bush put up a wall at the border. I used to go to the states 5 or 6 times a year for about 10 years and that included the Daytona 500.
I made a mistake 55 yrs ago and now can't cross the border.
I do appreciate the money it saves me.

Looks like the outside wall coming down the hill out of turn#1 on the left. Must have got real wide.

Just past pit exit. IDK though. just a guess.

A beautiful day in the Finger Lake region of New York for some testing @ Watkins Glen.....

CoTHfrSWEAAfpFc.jpg:large

Given Brad's accident I don't think this picture is getting its due! Absolutely beautiful! I live in Northeastern Pa so the Fingers Lakes region is relatively close. I've been to Watkins Glen, just not for a race. The fact it's the week after Pocono is brutal. That wasn't always the case....

^ Apparently 5.2 million people watched the race at Indy on TV.

IF all those people bought tickets and there are 250,000 to sell, that audience would fill the Speedway grandstands 20 times ... the other 200,000 souls would have been turned away. That's ok, it was too hot anyway.

The current business model isn't difficult to understand.

I remember a driver having a nasty crash while testing on a road course and going on an absolute tear a few years ago. Who was it? Oh yeah, it was Keselowski. Might do it again.

I had minor surgery last week, so I'm kinda laid up, sitting my recliner healing up. I've been watching old Busch Series races on YouTube. Right now I'm watching one from South Boston in 1991. Great stuff. Steve Grissom, Robert Pressly, Butch Miller. Plus Bobby Labonte, Kenny Wallace, the Burton brothers and a rookie named Jeff Gordon in the Carolina Ford Dealers Ford.

Back
Top Bottom