Showdown RACE thread

They had started the All-Star race once and it had started raining in the first lap or so......Gordon was one who crashed his car. NASCAR decided they'd let the crashed drivers bring out back up cars when the race resumed. Gordon went on to win the event in that back up car.

A few crashed their cars. I vividly remember Harvick, Gordon, and some others going to backups. They wrecked in turn one on the first lap. It was raining before the green dropped

When did I say Danica should stop racing or taking the money that people throw at her?

I'd do the same if someone was throwing truck loads of cash at me for being mediocre to horrible at my job.
I said what I said because I believe you may have danica hate and are projecting it on her fans. I don't see one without the other.

I said what I said because I believe you may have danica hate and are projecting it on her fans. I don't see one without the other.

Nope. It's just her fans are the worst. It's like how can you actively root for someone who's biggest accomplishments in racing are when she doesn't finish 1+ laps down in a race. Blows my mind.

Nope. It's just her fans are the worst. It's like how can you actively root for someone who's biggest accomplishments in racing are when she doesn't finish 1+ laps down in a race. Blows my mind.

If you follow her career....like I have theres tons to cheer for which I do.

Like what? Genuinely wondering. I've kept a good eye on her NASCAR career and it hasn't been good.

Danica has lead indy, pole in tona....and WON in indy.
Shes also a role model.

Well, she got voted in based on the rules the other drivers have. She's evidently shown she has the potential to win a race in the past, otherwise these fans wouldn't have voted her in for the All-Star race. They must feel she's earned it and has a good a chance as anyone of winning tonight.

It's been hard to be a Blaney fan since Grandpa Lou hung up the helmet after hundreds of wins. Too bad Danica took a true competitors spot. Ok. I'm done being salty. Go Chase or Larson!!!

Really? I never saw Lou race, only Dave, Dale and Ryan. It has been one hell of a ride being a Blaniac. Sure I wished Dave would have won more in NASCAR, but to most of the old Blaney fans it's not just the winning or races that is important...How many NASCAR Cup racers do you know that ever opened their home up to their fans and had Grandma, Mom and the kids preparing the picnic lunch right there in their own yard?

Ryan will get the NASCAR wins that Dave never got...heck, hasn't he already been successful?

image.jpeg

Really? I never saw Lou race, only Dave, Dale and Ryan. It has been one hell of a ride being a Blaniac. Sure I wished Dave would have won more in NASCAR, but to most of the old Blaney fans it's not just the winning or races that is important...How many NASCAR Cup racers do you know that ever opened their home up to their fans and had Grandma, Mom and the kids preparing the picnic lunch right there in their own yard?

Ryan will get the NASCAR wins that Dave never got...heck, hasn't he already been successful?

You may have taken me the wrong way. There's only one way I would ever root for a Ford. That's with Ryan behind the wheel. I'm sure Kate, Lisa, Ryan and Emma made you a delightful lunch. Wish I would've been there.

I'm with you. I lost it when the Amoco 93 lost that wheel at Atlanta!!! Ryan will get it done! Too bad Danica got the vote!

If you follow her career....like I have theres tons to cheer for which I do.

Like what?

Edit: I see above that we are listing Indy Car accomplishments as if that is relevant to her NASCAR skills. I wouldn't have commented if I realized that is what we were doing. I kind of get it now, Indy Car fans vote for her to, in hopes that it will make their sport relevant. Even though it's been proven time and time again that even the best Indy Car racers would be irrelevant has-beens in NASCAR.

Well, she got voted in based on the rules the other drivers have. She's evidently shown she has the potential to win a race in the past, otherwise these fans wouldn't have voted her in for the All-Star race. They must feel she's earned it and has a good a chance as anyone of winning tonight.

lol....good one. I'm sure you tried to keep a straight face while typing that.

Like what?
Like the fact that shes a role model, shes driven to win, wants to lead all the time, and has talent...Ive watched her in indy car man I really feel she has it. As I ve said ad nasuem here, I wish she had spent a little more time in Xfinity. But we have what we have. and I will support my driver no matter what

I think some drivers are just more interesting to watch race than others. Biffle is boring. I would rather see Blaney in than Biffle. BUT, Biffle is in, Blaney is out, not much I can do about that. Same thing with Danica. Danica is more fun to watch than Biffle.

Like the fact that shes a role model, shes driven to win, wants to lead all the time, and has talent...Ive watched her in indy car man I really feel she has it. As I ve said ad nasuem here, I wish she had spent a little more time in Xfinity. But we have what we have. and I will support my driver no matter what
...and she is good for the sport.

Like what?

Edit: I see above that we are listing Indy Car accomplishments as if that is relevant to her NASCAR skills. I wouldn't have commented if I realized that is what we were doing. I kind of get it now, Indy Car fans vote for her to, in hopes that it will make their sport relevant. Even though it's been proven time and time again that even the best Indy Car racers would be irrelevant has-beens in NASCAR.

Shes got tons of fans...

Like what?

Way off base. IndyCar fans don't long for Danica to return. Most of them were tired of her.

Perhaps you'll understand later in life. Maturity is a wonderful thing.

Back
Top Bottom