The latest to be bit by the new lug nut rule

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
@dustinlong

#NASCAR suspends Adam Stevens, CC for Kyle Busch, & front tire changer thru May 18 & fines Stevens $20K. Lugnut violation

will busch go nuts over nuts?
I think this is kind of funny regardless of who the team is. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR! The teams had it made until they decided to complain. They asked to be policed and apparently they were/are.

Who's next?

So are there any more details? Did they intentionally not use 5 or what exactly was found?

Why wasnt this addressed during the race?

Seems way late to lay down a lug nut penalty.

Great, now Kyle can go out this Sunday and win and provide one more reason to everyone why he's the goat. :rolleyes:

Revman is going to go buy his first Toyota and Andy is going to get his cable back so that he can watch him every week.

Thanks captain obvious

NASCAR's new fancy cameras aint so fancy after all
There is video of the front tire changer hitting 4 lugs on the 20 car, so there was evidence during the race, but no penalty for the 20 team.
Maybe Matt's guys have 5 tight on the last pitstop.

There is video of the front tire changer hitting 4 lugs on the 20 car, so there was evidence during the race, but no penalty for the 20 team.
Maybe Matt's guys have 5 tight on the last pitstop.
I think that last stop is the 'money stop' when it comes to this new rule.

So the loose 5th lug nut made his car drive away from everyone else on the last restart?

Yeah, he stayed out so it's not like he won this on a faster pit stop. Then again if he had come down pit road they likely would have hit all 5 knowing they'd get checked after the race.

I think that last stop is the 'money stop' when it comes to this new rule.

As it should be with or without the rule. That is, unless you stay out. Gotta factor that one into your pit strategy Adam.

Monetary fines, cc suspensions for one race, and double secret probation don't amount to squat.
Take away the win, the money and the points. CC stays home until the next Daytona 500.
Now you'll get their attention.

They probably knew they'd get caught but the win and the points meant more. I'm sure they figured no points would be taken away.
Plus, win and you're in, so who cares? :idunno:

Thanks captain obvious

NASCAR's new fancy cameras aint so fancy after all
You're welcome, Mr. Smug.

NASCAR publicly stated that a post race inspection would be the basis for ensuring compliance until better than current methods could be established to check during races.

The cameras are across the street and there are bodies in the way.

I find this whole lug nut subject hilarious right from the very beginning.

NASCAR implements new pit road officiating at the beginning of the 2016, err 2015 season.

More than a year later, teams, Tony Stewart, voice concerns over the practice of running less than the safe requirement of five lug nuts accusing NASCAR of looking the 'other way' in terms of safety.

NASCAR fines Tony Stewart for his remarks.

The Driver Council states that they agree with Tony and will pay his fine.

NASCAR, at the request of the drivers council/teams institutes a new rule requiring the installation of all five lug nuts, stating that they will be checked at the conclusion of each event.

Two weeks into the new procedure, we have our first violation.

LMAO

Definitely, NASCAR's at fault here, right? I mean, they are always wrong, right?

Definitely, NASCAR's at fault here, right? I mean, they are always wrong, right?

Of course, always. I don't get why there is any doubt. Brian France is satan and Obama rolled into one. Everything he does is automatically wrong.

That is all? Why did I think the penalty for lug nut violation was going to be so much greater? I thought it was a points violation. :confused:

If they had not been showing on TV all the wheels with 4 lug nuts this probably wouldn't have happened. I don't know how smart you can be to be so stupid.

I think this is kind of funny regardless of who the team is. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR! The teams had it made until they decided to complain. They asked to be policed and apparently they were/are.

Who's next?
Tony-First time a penalty would hurt him dearly.....

Back
Top Bottom