The New Racing Team Alliance

Should the other teams be worried? Thats quite an alliance. This is looking like the dark side vs the light....

Might be the first step in a team owners movement like other major sports leagues are set up and it can't happen soon enough. Brian, You're FIRED!!!!!!

Sounds like CART to me.....and that worked out all so well. Not good when NASCAR wasn't invited to the party. Don't freakin' like this at all. A group of owners representing the interests of the owners, and the sanctioning body wasn't invited to the party? Doesn't sound like the manufacturers were invited to the party. Drivers? No. Fans? Never have been anyway so whatever. Owners representing their sponsorship interests? Yes.

Sounds like CART to me.....and that worked out all so well. Not good when NASCAR wasn't invited to the party. Don't freakin' like this at all. A group of owners representing the interests of the owners, and the sanctioning body wasn't invited to the party? Doesn't sound like the manufacturers were invited to the party. Drivers? No. Fans? Never have been anyway so whatever. Owners representing their sponsorship interests? Yes.
Exactly what I thought when I read that this morning.

I have. Last year sometime when they rolled it out. Do they have it in a can yet? Yep, I drink outta cans just like beer was meant to be consumed. ;)

+1 on this out of a can. My father-in-law refuses to drink beer out of a can. ****'s never been right with us.

+1 on this out of a can. My father-in-law refuses to drink beer out of a can. ****'s never been right with us.
The beer aficionados are about to chime in on this with the usual remarks. I think there is a thread on this over in Chit-Chat. I didn't mean to derail the thread. :(

The beer aficionados are about to chime in on this with the usual remarks. I think there is a thread on this over in Chit-Chat. I didn't mean to derail the thread. :(

Gotcha. Back to topic.

I dont see this as a bad thing. I see it as teams coming up with their own solutions without overprotective daddy looking over their shoulders.

Brian France had fundamentally transformed the sport & the majority disapprove. Why include him?

I dont see this as a bad thing. I see it as teams coming up with their own solutions without overprotective daddy looking over their shoulders.

Daddy runs the show. The only reason you need to do that is because you ain't digging' Daddy. Don't go behind Daddy's back.

Hmmmm...seems like everyone wanted a piece of the Hendrick pie, and this is the perfect excuse to get some.

With all due respect to Rob Kauffman.....with all of the power players in that group, why him? Queue AC/DC's money talks?

Daddy owns the show. Daddy will fight to keep control. Could get ugly. Need Daddy on your side.
Thing is though, "Daddy" needs the teams as much as they need him. I've been saying for awhile that I think the teams should have some input on major decisions that affect the sport. Brian France runs NASCAR like a 12-year old with a fantasy league, it would be good to have some checks and balances in place.

Daddy owns the show. Daddy will fight to keep control. Could get ugly. Need Daddy on your side.
This is like merging your corporation with others & then calling the govt to tell you what to do, when to do it, how to do it & where. Aint nobody got time fo dat. They a big boy teams. They can handle themselves.

This is like merging your corporation with others & then calling the govt to tell you what to do, when to do it, how to do it & where. Aint nobody got time fo dat. They a big boy teams. They can handle themselves.

That's what the CART kids said.....of which Misters Ganassi and Penske were participants. Uh oh.

Thing is though, "Daddy" needs the teams as much as they need him. I've been saying for awhile that I think the teams should have some input on major decisions that affect the sport. Brian France runs NASCAR like a 12-year old with a fantasy league, it would be good to have some checks and balances in place.
most of the time the ol man will take a lifetime to build up a company, he passes on and it a few short years the kids bankrupt the thing. I see the same thing happening here..sis, mom, and bro, each having their own agenda. Some of the team owners are multi millionaires, billionaires, and shareholders, who know what they need to survive and are big players in Nascar's success. Probably time to take a good look at what needs to stay and what needs to go and what direction they are going.

most of the time the ol man will take a lifetime to build up a company, he passes on and it a few short years the kids bankrupt the thing.
Difference is, these kids are billionares and have been for plenty of years & know how to manage their accounting.

Also, these kids have been in the business longer than daddy has... think about that one.

I thought about it. they aren't even close.
"Bill Jr." and "Little Bill," was an American motorsports executive who served from 1972 to 2000 as the head of NASCAR

He didn't pass away until 2007, and I would bet he had a say in the running after 2000.

BTW Bill Sr didn't pass away until 1992, 20 years after Bill Jr. took over.

The sport has been on a slow decline since 05, some of it is the economy, and some of it is leadership.

Last edited:
most of the time the ol man will take a lifetime to build up a company, he passes on and it a few short years the kids bankrupt the thing. I see the same thing happening here..sis, mom, and bro, each having their own agenda. Some of the team owners are multi millionaires, billionaires, and shareholders, who know what they need to survive and are big players in Nascar's success. Probably time to take a good look at what needs to stay and what needs to go and what direction they are going.

I am not trying to be an a**hole, but how in the hell is this different from CART? Take these high rollers, put them into a competitive environment.....Their model is to leave with one winner. Collaboration is not their gig. F1 works because there is a Czar. NASCAR works because of Mr. France's legacy. I agree with you that Brian is lost, but the alternative could be disaster. One of these big players gets pissed, and leaves the table, you have problems.

Mr. France made it clear. Daddy doesn't need the owners.

This is to help the teams save money and reduce the costs which will make it easier for smaller teams to compete. The application of economies of scale is a good thing.

I am not trying to be an a**hole, but how in the hell is this different from CART? Take these high rollers, put them into a competitive environment.....Their model is to leave with one winner. Collaboration is not their gig. F1 works because there is a Czar. NASCAR works because of Mr. France's legacy. I agree with you that Brian is lost, but the alternative could be disaster. One of these big players gets pissed, and leaves the table, you have problems.

a couple of three of them leasing out engines to other teams who have beat them with those engines throws a wrench in that argument. But access a more open environment to technology will make the series more competitive. No use every team having to buy a shaker rig, or a full scale machine shop, or much cheaper to buy a chassis than have to hire people and build one if you are a smaller team. Many advantages to working together. Also little things like having the scheduled races in the same areas instead of zig zagging across the country, saves on fuel and equipment costs. i think there are many things that the team owners think that are not being considered by the Nascar brass before decisions are made.

I have. Last year sometime when they rolled it out. Do they have it in a can yet? Yep, I drink outta cans just like beer was meant to be consumed.
Beer was first available in kegs, then buckets (to take home from the bar), then bottles, then cans.

Daddy needs the teams, the teams don't need daddy. If the teams broke off and ran races at a different track, the fans would show up. If Daddy told the teams they couldn't race, the fans wouldn't show up.

I like this, Nascar needs to be checked.

Nascar already is a disaster, look at the ratings and the stands at the races. Hopefully these teams are going to stand up to some of the rules nascar has put into place. If Nascar continues down the track Brian France has put it on, it won't survive.

Nascar already is a disaster, look at the ratings and the stands at the races.
The Kentucky race pulled a mere 2.3 rating, a 12% drop from the year before. Just to give an example of what a 2.3 equates to, that's about what the now cancelled Fox singing show "The X-Factor" averaged in its final season.

The Kentucky race pulled a mere 2.3 rating, a 12% drop from the year before. Just to give an example of what a 2.3 equates to, that's about what the now cancelled Fox singing show "The X-Factor" averaged in its final season.

I could be wrong, but I think that percentage is pretty average so far this year. Ratings are down big time.

I've stated my reasons on here many times, and those all lead back to Brian France at the end of the day.

These teams have way too much money invested in this sport to let France run it into the ground.

I could be wrong, but I think that percentage is pretty average so far this year. Ratings are down big time.

I've stated my reasons on here many times, and those all lead back to Brian France at the end of the day.

These teams have way too much money invested in this sport to let France run it into the ground.
Ratings have been down all year, but the 2.3 at Kentucky is the lowest for a points race so far this year. Only the All-Star Race was lower, which pulled a 2.1.

Back
Top Bottom