The New Racing Team Alliance

Should the other teams be worried? Thats quite an alliance. This is looking like the dark side vs the light....
They say they'll open it up to the rest of the teams in the short term. Whether or not they do will pretty much reveal their true intentions.

Kauffman was just on NASCAR Radio, and said that the two biggest issues are hotel costs and health insurance. Mumbled something about some swampland in Florida, but I missed it. bull****. Think the dude just got done cheating his grandmother in checkers.

They say they'll open it up to the rest of the teams in the short term. Whether or not they do will pretty much reveal their true intentions.

Why not open it up now?

Why not open it up now?
It's probably easier to establish procedures and whatnot starting small. Kauffman said it could possibly be opened up in the next couple of weeks. I won't at all be surprised if the biggest teams push to have the biggest voice, though. That's exactly what's happening in college sports right now.

is the end of
upload_2014-7-7_18-37-21.jpeg

CART going with an almost 50-50 split of international and American events, Toyota leaving for the IRL, the Firestone 600 debacle at Texas...to start.

Yup, Toyota was no longer willing to pay the bills mandated by CART, and after they had the 500, they had what they had come for in American open wheel racing. Japan was watching very closely, and the 500 was everything. The Cup Championship feels the same way IMO.

Cannot get address to open, even when I copy and paste. Suggestions? I would like to read about this.

Alliance conspiracy.

They'd be out of that deal in a heartbeat. No way they're broadcasting that while letting, say, CBS televise Danica and Dale.

teams findin it harder ta get / keep sponsors.
tracks ....losin butts in seats.
tv ....lower ratings

hardly a time ta form new race league.

owner co-op would benefit all owners......especially small guys.

Why is this being done exclusive of NASCAR?

My first take on reading the article is this. They are all tired of cowing down to the almighty Nascar management and I think Brian is the primary reason, plus the fact that the teams are not receiving near enough of the TV royalties.
To sum up, it is all about the "MONEY" period, things like this always are. They finally realize without them, they, (Nascar), have nothing.

Why is this being done exclusive of NASCAR?
They are all tired of cowing down to the almighty Nascar management and I think Brian is the primary reason, plus the fact that the teams are not receiving near enough of the TV royalties. To sum up, it is all about the "MONEY" period, things like this always are. They finally realize without them, they, (Nascar), have nothing.
Theres your answer

@Revman why do you want NASCAR involved in this so bad? Its like the govt being all up in yo private business tellin you what you can & cannot sell & who to hire & not. Its just over bearing & annoying. Its no wonder the RTA dont want NASCAR up their asses.

Last edited:
this reminds me kinda like when Bruton claimed he would start his own league if he wasn't given two texas dates. having something to put up when you want something

ISC (A France company) owns a good number of the track, including Daytona. If the owners got Bruton Smith on board with a possible split then they MAY be in business. The Coca Cola 600 would greatly increase in performance.

Why do people want a split? Do you morons realize that American Open Wheel racing still hasn't recovered from the split? It's been almost 20 years.

Also, I'm so sick of hearing how Bruton Smith could be this savior. That man has done more damage to NASCAR racing than anybody. Bruton is the reason North Wilkesboro is sitting there falling apart. Bruton is the reason Rockingham was removed from the schedule. The three worst tracks in NASCAR = Bruton Smith facilities.

ISC (A France company) owns a good number of the track, including Daytona. If the owners got Bruton Smith on board with a possible split then they MAY be in business. The Coca Cola 600 would greatly increase in performance.
Bruton has some good tracks in Atlanta, Bristol, and Sonoma. Other than that, nothing to really get excited about. It's not like he'd give North Wilkesboro a makeover.

Bruton has some good tracks in Atlanta, Bristol, and Sonoma. Other than that, nothing to really get excited about. It's not like he'd give North Wilkesboro a makeover.

Bruton ruined Atlanta by turning it in to a clone of Charlotte and Texas. The man basically invented cookie cutter racing.

I can see it now, regional divisions that way the networks could switch race's when the other has been postponed due to inclement weather. This thing could take off and change the face of racing forever. Gonna take some huge gonads to accomplish though.

i brought Bruton's name up because, he figured he had something that nascar needed, so he could barter to get what he wanted. same as i see with this.

The only way that a split would work is if Bruton got involved, not that I think he'd be good for the sport either. The Frances owns the majority of the tracks that they COULD run on.
Agreed. Btw, welcome to the forum! :waver:

I do not see this as a split at all, I see this as collective negotiation at it's best. As far as Bruton becoming part of this, not going to happen. Bruton is egotistical and has proven he does not play well with others, plus he is not a team owner.

I see this as a balancing act, to help balance out value paid to services rendered. The team owners want a bigger piece of the pie, but, at the same time not cut off their nose in spite of their face. The idea of collective purchasing of parts etc. is just smoke screen.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out. I bet Brian sh*t a brick when he got wind of it. Brian to me is a typical third generation handed to him type CEO and I have been around a bunch of guys like him. When you look at the names on the RTA, there are some of the best negotiators in the world and appear to be pulling together.

Agreed. Btw, welcome to the forum! :waver:

Thanks man

And I wonder if a split would cause Bruton to build tracks elsewhere. He owns Atlanta, Bristol, Charlotte, Kentucky, Las Vegas, New Hampshire, North Wilkesboro, Sonoma and Texas. Even if you give each track two races, you only get 18 races. Exclude North Wilkesboro and that number shrinks to 16. How do you fill the gap to get a decently long season?

They could possibly get Rockingham and Pocono onto the calendar, which gets you to 20 races. Road America would be a solid pickup too.

i'm sure they could find a dirt track if needed

Theres a dirt track right next to CMS.

Yeah, but 3-4 races at basically the same track? That's not good for the market. If Rockingham got a date, that would add to it. Rockingham isn't THAT far from Charlotte.

On a personal note, I would love it if Rockingham got a date. I went to my first NASCAR race and grew up in the area so it has some sentimental value.

Myrtle Beach speedway? Iowa Speedway?

Iowa is owned by subsidiary of NASCAR so they're out. A night race at Myrtle Beach in the summer has the potential to draw big. You could also throw a race or two to Nashville.

Of course, this proposed series would give New Hampshire a virtual monopoly on the Northeast market.

I am not trying to be an a**hole, but how in the hell is this different from CART? Take these high rollers, put them into a competitive environment.....Their model is to leave with one winner. Collaboration is not their gig. F1 works because there is a Czar. NASCAR works because of Mr. France's legacy. I agree with you that Brian is lost, but the alternative could be disaster. One of these big players gets pissed, and leaves the table, you have problems.

The disaster (Brian) is already in play, the alliance will have it problems, but giving Brian some friction is only postive imo.

Until I see what their goal/intent really is, I'm not going to say much about this. I can see this going many different directions.
NASCAR encouraged then to do this 2 years ago. Their first agenda is the get better deals on hotel rooms for team members.

Did I miss something? This thread started with the announcement that some of the big teams would start sharing expenses and work on R&D together. Now it's about the end of Brian France, a split of NASCAR, and...how did Burton Smith get into the mix???

Seriously, its been 8 hours, we know nothing, and y'all are predicting gloom & doom.

At this point, I'm just having fun fantasy booking. It's more fun than discussing how to get the rear tire changer a discount at Motel 6.

And Bruton Smith gets involved because without him, a split can't happen. Bruton is all about Bruton and making money, there's no way that he wouldn't somehow try to get in on this.

Didn't read all these responses.. some of you are worried! It makes sense. This could work for us...

Teams are tired of getting fisted by The France family, as are a lot of fans. Now teams might end up with a say.... Maybe some **** goes down in a few years, teams demand a worthy championship, worthy tracks, whatever,.. I honestly wouldn't freak out if NASCAR dissolved, people would step up and keep stock car racing alive, there is a lot invested, and made in it... The track bastardizations might die too, perhaps rebuilt, smaller...

I honestly would probably celebrate if someone could get the Frances out of racing. Bill Jr.'s spawn are probably the worst league executives in sports. An auto racing league is probably the easiest thing in the world to run. You don't have franchising, your premier league literally runs ONE event per week and you don't have a player's union to worry about. How do you screw up THAT job?

Seems like Kaufman is the driving force behind this. He's still angry at how Nascar threw MWR under the bus and almost killed his team. He wants to figure out how to get more leverage so Nascar can never do anything like that again.

Seems like Kaufman is the driving force behind this. He's still angry at how Nascar threw MWR under the bus and almost killed his team. He wants to figure out how to get more leverage so Nascar can never do anything like that again.

Oh ****.

Back
Top Bottom