The New Racing Team Alliance

It’s good to see Helton address the issue.

Hearing NASCAR’s president speak is much like listening to the former white house press secretary, Jay Carney, or the current press secretary, Josh Ernest. People may not know what the truth is when they’re speaking, but they know what it isn’t.

I don't think they sit out a race but a rash of mechanical failures may be on the horizon

Hearing NASCAR’s president speak is much like listening to the former white house press secretary, Jay Carney, or the current press secretary, Josh Ernest. People may not know what the truth is when they’re speaking, but they know what it isn’t.
hopefully they will keep Brian out of it, much like they kept the babbling Bush away from microphones and safely locked down back in Texas. Sorry Texas, he had to be somewhere.

Oh this is going to get good, the big brass ring is about to blow itself up.

lol Excellent analysis.

NASCAR's gonna come out of this in one of 2 ways: Stronger than ever, or dead. Can't tell ya which one yet. Either the teams and NASCAR work together for the first time in 66 years and make the sport better, or both sides stand strong and slowly cannibalize each other. There won't be one winner in this. If the teams go down NASCAR will go down, and if NASCAR goes down the teams will go down. Hopefully both sides realize this and the "stronger than ever" outcome will be achieved.

Brian should just let the owners do a weekly survey like the fans do. Then they will feel warm, sweet, and all cuddly knowing that Brians loves them too and he hears them, and most importantly he cares about each and every one.

Having to hire another contract reader to do all of the caring, in India or Bombay is well worth the cost in this case.

kauffman scoff was pure brutonesqe.....specially w/ 4 billion remark later.
mine is bigger !
rta hopes he speaks out more often !

it would look kinda funny with an arca race at Charlotte while the cuppers watch and the stands are empty. Hate to see it, but there could be a strike and the whole house of cards would collapse pretty quick, contracts jerked, tracks failing, massive layoffs, on and on.

it would look kinda funny with an arca race at Charlotte while the cuppers watch and the stands are empty. Hate to see it, but there could be a strike and the whole house of cards would collapse pretty quick, contracts jerked, tracks failing, massive layoffs, on and on.

by brutonesque...i meant bruton big bark....no bite ......w/ rta currently.
smi / isc + nascar vs rta ........both need each other too much these days. too symbiotic for one ta split off.....w/o killin tha other. both know that.
argument will be over "how much "......will satisfy each one.

biggest argument is gonna be about rta wantin new nascar franchise system for teams .....similar ta mlb ...nba...nfl...etc.
new entry nascar owner would have ta buy out then current nascar franchise owner equity ta gain entry.
locked / limited access. owners build goodwill value as well as hard assets.....cars...bldg...land....eqpmt...etc.
no more free owner entry into nascar as in past. big no-no prolly w/ nascar.

so issue ain't just $$ hungry nascar & track owner folks......but $$ hungry rta folks too.
doesn't mean both don't wanna put great race car show on .
we'll see.

Brian should just let the owners do a weekly survey like the fans do. Then they will feel warm, sweet, and all cuddly knowing that Brians loves them too and he hears them, and most importantly he cares about each and every one.

Having to hire another contract reader to do all of the caring, in India or Bombay is well worth the cost in this case.

lol that's perfect.

Strike would not be necessary. Could be business as usual except with a few more start and parks than we ordinarily see

Of course Burton sides with NASCAR, he doesnt, and he starts losing race dates
NASCAR would get sued (again) in that case.

I won't shed a tear if some of Bruton's bores get affected whether it be by less TV revenue or less merchandise revenue or what, though.

Bruton Smith will stand "shoulder to shoulder with NASCAR" and says he doesn't like the RTA, and also takes a shot at Kauffman.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...e-reaction-rta-speedway-motorsports/12536229/
There goes any chance of a USAC/CART or CART/IRL "split". If the RTA wanted to break away and start their own competing national stock car series, they would need SMI and their tracks. You can't run a series to rival NASCAR by just racing at Pocono and Dover.

Just get brain farts fat greedy money grubbing hands off the purse strings and all will be good again.

There goes any chance of a USAC/CART or CART/IRL "split". If the RTA wanted to break away and start their own competing national stock car series, they would need SMI and their tracks. You can't run a series to rival NASCAR by just racing at Pocono and Dover.

They could test that friendship and promise Bruton the new series would run the final race at Vegas. ;)

Bruton's probably gets good tax breaks and perks from his Charlotte track, that he has no choice but to stand with Nascar. i see him being okay with either side, alot better with Nascar's side, but good on RTA's side.

I think the main thing that Bruton doesn't like about the RTA is that they may be a threat to that 65% of the TV money that goes to the tracks.

Wondering how long it will take the drivers to get sick of the TV money going everywhere but to them.

They could test that friendship and promise Bruton the new series would run the final race at Vegas. ;)

on flip side..........
isc just signed new 5 yr deal w/ ford on homestead chase race. ford champ week .....or similar hype ??
plus 5 yr option too after that.
surely isc wouldn't offer bruton final '15 chase race in vegas.....plus ford deal .... if he stays aligned w/ them vs rta ?

may be all kinda deal sweeteners talked about ......before this is over.

on flip side..........
isc just signed new 5 yr deal w/ ford on homestead chase race. ford champ week .....or similar hype ??
plus 5 yr option too after that.
surely isc wouldn't offer bruton final '15 chase race in vegas.....plus ford deal .... if he stays aligned w/ them vs rta ?

may be all kinda deal sweeteners talked about ......before this is over.

You can bet Bruton will play every angle.

Geez, gets a slot on Race Day to discuss hotels, airfares, and insurance. No thanks, I'll be getting' my game face on, baby!

Was it that bad? I'm happy I didn't bother listening. The partial text of what he said had him being evasive on the percentage question.

Was it that bad? I'm happy I didn't bother listening. The partial text of what he said had him being evasive on the percentage question.

On tomorrow. Wish he would spend more time trying to figure out how to get Clint and Brian in the Chase than this ****.

Okay so I ready through a bit of this but no way in hell Im going through 11 pages lol... someone fill me in? Why does this matter so much to everyone? I mean from what I've seen.. looks like there's nothing to see............yet anyway

The team owners should be franchisee's of NAZCAR on an equal playing surface. I'm sure the Furniture Row owners would be able to better fund their withering team by starting out with the same payday as HMS to fund their season. Unlike other sports there is no "Home Team Advantage" where gate receipts go to the home teams bank account. Between TV commercials and caution laps that are counted as racing, it's no wonder TV ratings are falling off. There is more inaction broadcast on race day than actually racing laps, that blows!!!!. The Daytona Submarine race proofed that out on it's own.

This whole situation is still in it's infancy, outside of the RTA, no one really knows the complete agenda of said alliance. I'm looking forward to a brighter future for NASCAR as a whole but I reckon that would be counted as Stupid thinking unlike abstract Free thinking without a clue.

Back
Top Bottom