The New Racing Team Alliance

In the end time a great apostasy will occur.

NeoNascar fans will question Brians worthiness to be part of the trinity and not even respect the blessed pure mother that was recently granted sainthood.
Obviously everyone including the RTA should just put their faith in Brian.

His way or no way, he is the only way to the promised land. If Brian fails, it is all obviously someone else's fault.

Fun quote from this ESPN article about the history of the USAC/CART split and the CART/IRL split (related to NASCAR and written four years ago):

Standing under umbrellas in the rain at Talladega one weekend, in an otherwise deserted garage area, one powerful team owner had posed an intriguing question to me privately.

"How much would you pay for NASCAR right now?" he asked, amid rumors that giant corporations such as Rupert Murdoch's NewsCorp, or even Disney, might be interested in buying.

"You mean if I were Murdoch? Oh, $2 billion, $3 billion, I don't know," I said.

"Now then," and here the owner pointed to the haulers of NASCAR's top six or seven teams, "if those rigs were suddenly gone, those teams were out, how much would you pay for NASCAR?"

"Oh," I mused, "about $1.99."

"Exactly," he said, and walked away in the rain.

The point was, without its major teams and stars, NASCAR would be worthless.

Fun quote from this ESPN article about the history of the USAC/CART split and the CART/IRL split (related to NASCAR and written four years ago):
Awesome quote. Fans watch their favorite driver or teams compete for a win, not to watch NASCAR do business deals.

If at some point Gordon had switched to F1 as rumored several years ago, I'd still love stock car racing but my eyes would be glued to F1 racing & news from then on out.

Awesome quote. Fans watch their favorite driver or teams compete for a win, not to watch NASCAR do business deals.

If at some point Gordon had switched to F1 as rumored several years ago, I'd still love stock car racing but my eyes would be glued to F1 racing & news from then on out.
You don't think NASCAR without the RTA teams would be exciting? The Wood Bros wouldn't be such a crap ride anymore. The blue oval #21 shall rise again!

Anton Hulman "Tony" George had ascended the throne of Indianapolis Motor Speedway by hereditary right in 1990, at age 30.

He was the only male heir to his grandfather, Anton Hulman, who had saved the Speedway and the 500 after World War II.

Tony George arrived with a plan for sweeping change, and a chip on his shoulder. Indy had run too long on tradition, he decreed, and henceforth it would be run as a business.

Sounds an awful lot like another certain motorsports boss.

You don't think NASCAR without the RTA teams would be exciting? The Wood Bros wouldn't be such a crap ride anymore. The blue oval #21 shall rise again!
Yea I love watching mediocre teams with less than mediocre competition race against each other on the same track for 36 weeks in an abhorrent points system. Woooooooo

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/07/21/race-team-alliance-brian-france/12967329/

SHOTS FIRED
shotsfired.gif

More Brian double-speak. Talking to the RTA doesn't preclude talking to others. I wouldn't be surprised if the RTA is playing chess by not announcing the identity of the more vulnerable teams. If they maneuver ISC and nascar to act as one, they may have a court case based on collusion that damages their TV money by allowing ISC tracks to keep non-performing race dates.

More Brian double-speak. Talking to the RTA doesn't preclude talking to others. I wouldn't be surprised if the RTA is playing chess by not announcing the identity of the more vulnerable teams. If they maneuver ISC and nascar to act as one, they may have a court case based on collusion that damages their TV money by allowing ISC tracks to keep non-performing race dates.

Very interesting insight. Nice post man.

Dave Moody still insists on NASCAR Radio that we don't know anything. That this is about hotels, flights, and insurance. Seriously?

fb......didn't understand bold above ? please clarify. thanks.

Very interesting insight. Nice post man.
Not sure it qualifies as insight, but thanks. The only way I see the RTA getting more money is a court case. Might explain why smaller teams haven't jumped at the chance to save money on hotel rooms. ;)

fb......didn't understand bold above ? please clarify. thanks.
I assume the contract contains ratings clauses that impact payments. ISC has a bunch of double dates at tracks people have tuned out.

Not sure it qualifies as insight, but thanks. The only way I see the RTA getting more money is a court case. Might explain why smaller teams haven't jumped at the chance to save money on hotel rooms. ;)

I assume the contract contains ratings clauses that impact payments. ISC has a bunch of double dates at tracks people have tuned out.

yeah fb ...gotcha now. smi got bad ones too tho.
figure contracts are w/......nascar / fox & nascar / nbc .....rta not in it.

but.... rta IS .....like tha 2 football teams on gameday......ain't nobody gonna watch an empty stadium !
nor is fox / nbc gonna pay nascar.....if nobody watches !

flip side.......how many teams could survive a long strike ? no $$ comin in .

shootout at tha o k corral....... corp boardroom style !
no casualties.....just $$ or power ....swappin hands.

Dave Moody still insists on NASCAR Radio that we don't know anything. That this is about hotels, flights, and insurance. Seriously?
His way of basically saying that we don't know anything other that what was stated by them in the beginning and he's correct. Anything else is speculation.

yeah fb ...gotcha now. smi got bad ones too tho.
figure contracts are w/......nascar / fox & nascar / nbc .....rta not in it.

but.... rta IS .....like tha 2 football teams on gameday......ain't nobody gonna watch an empty stadium !
nor is fox / nbc gonna pay nascar.....if nobody watches !

flip side.......how many teams could survive a long strike ? no $$ comin in .

shootout at tha o k corral....... corp boardroom style !
no casualties.....just $$ or power ....swappin hands.

None of the teams would survive a strike, which is why I feel this has to be settled in court if race teams are to get what they seek. I still wonder why team owner Brad Daugherty stated that the RTA was about getting a better deal from the new TV contract, contradicting what they RTA was saying. Makes me wonder what else is being said behind closed doors.

nascar may have their ass in the wind on a few legal issues. We'll see, but I would like to see the inbred corporate model come to an end. The only way nascar gives up some power is if they find Brians panties in a legal vice.

His way of basically saying that we don't know anything other that what was stated by them in the beginning and he's correct. Anything else is speculation.

Hmmm....so you discount everything team owner Brad Daugherty has said? I don't. Full espionage mode has been engaged, and that isn't about hotel rates and travel costs.

paid millions of dollars in under a year to work 1 day a week? What a joke.

Dont even start with the danger issue. Normal civilian workers face more of a dangerous situation driving to work everyday in a normal off the lot car. The only people that deserve to be millionaires in that time frame for doing their jobs are the soldiers defending our freedoms by stepping forward in the face of bullets, mortars, missiles, mines, car bombs, & rocket propelled grenades.
no offence ...but how big of a crowd do they draw in on a weekly basis?

Hmmm....so you discount everything team owner Brad Daugherty has said? I don't. Full espionage mode has been engaged, and that isn't about hotel rates and travel costs.
I'm simply going by what was announced. He doesn't speak for the organization.

Probably too sane for the Black Helicopter people

Richard Petty says NASCAR should do more to cut costs for teams

“It’s really kind of a bad idea from the standpoint that NASCAR should be doing what we’re doing,” Petty said Friday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. “We belong to an organization in NASCAR, so NASCAR should be thinking (of) the best deals they can for the people that belong to their organization.

“We see them doing a lot of that, but they’re not doing as much, maybe, as what the new crowd (of team leadership) wants to see.”

“Our main deal is not to run NASCAR,” Petty said. “Anything we do to tear NASCAR down is cutting our own throat. … We’re going to do everything we can to make NASCAR bigger and better — because if we don’t, we’re out of business.”

NASCAR, as well as sister track-operating company International Speedway Corp., has told the RTA only to communicate with them through lawyers.

“We felt like, everybody together, that it was time we kind of co-opped our businesses from the standpoint that we’re all independent contractors and we have no voice to the general public or being able to cut deals like a farmers co-op would be,” Petty said.

“So far, that’s my main objective. Can I save on insurance? Can I save on travel? Can I save (on) some stuff that we’re doing for the racecar. Can we save time at the racetrack, stuff like that that we’ll keep from having to overpay with what we’re doing right now.”

Full article below.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...ion-sprint-cup-team-owners-costs-brian-france

By the spring of 2016 there will be another American stock car racing organization formed by these members of the RTA...They will be racing on non-NASCRAP tracks...most likely on Wednesday/Thursday evenings...Televised LIVE on Forrest Lucas's MAVTV...While they still run their normal NASCRAP teams/races...All the while slowly building the fan/sponsorship base................

None of the teams would survive a strike
Agreed but neither would nascar

A "strike" would be pointless and would just cost the RTA money. They would have to put on a competing show to prove their point. They would need SMI's support to make it work.

If you really wanted to rush the NASCAR castle, you'd put a race at Bristol, directly up against the Daytona 500. Let Brian France run a freight train restrictor plate Daytona 500 with Nationwide teams, ARCA teams and local Florida short track guys. Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick and some less talented Ford and Toyota drivers can put on "real" NASCAR short track racing at Bristol. It'd be frigid at hell at Bristol in February but you need to open with a bang. A race at Las Vegas wouldn't cover it.

If it were really all about cost-cutting I imagine the smaller teams would be the more vocal ones. I haven't heard a peep out of someone from Front Row Motorsports or Furniture Row Racing or Germain Racing or Tommy Baldwin Racing or the like except for Daugherty saying it's about the TV contract.

314 million viewers watching their country defend the USA from terrorists. Come again eh?
Oh yeah? How much r the tickets maybe Ill make the trip next time lol... Then they can take all that money from the ticket sales and merch etc and pay them millions too right? Eh?

Give me a break lol u really can't see why nascar drivers make millions (or any professional athletes) and the military doesn't?

Oh yeah? How much r the tickets maybe Ill make the trip next time lol... Then they can take all that money from the ticket sales and merch etc and pay them millions too right? Eh?

Give me a break lol u really can't see why nascar drivers make millions (or any professional athletes) and the military doesn't?
No. Because we support the military in our country.

So do I... Don't try to turn this into something having to do with my country... I support your military as well and am thankful for everything they do... But the millions for the military goes back to the military for equipment etc... Im not going to get into this with u... But really... Its obvious why it is the way it is whether u like it or not.

Also.. Ur kind of contradicting ur reasoning and/or question in general... trying to discredit me and my country bc u all support ur military so much.... But yet magically they still don't make millions... Apparently u support athletes even more.... Its sad really.. But sports and movies etc are what ppl pay to see... Not war.

Fla guys would know the real story but at New Smyrna they run, or did run FASCAR, They wanted no part of Nascar at all. I sensed some bad blood.

You should join the military to show your support.

If it were really all about cost-cutting I imagine the smaller teams would be the more vocal ones. I haven't heard a peep out of someone from Front Row Motorsports or Furniture Row Racing or Germain Racing or Tommy Baldwin Racing or the like except for Daugherty saying it's about the TV contract.
I was thinking that the smaller teams are scared of the big machine and maybe feel like they weren't big enough to say anything. They likely still feel that way as they are probably thinking nascar will crush the rta soon.

That's the strange thing. Someone was wondering if the TV contract specifies that the big teams must race. If so, that list may mirror RTA members.

That's the strange thing. Someone was wondering if the TV contract specifies that the big teams must race. If so, that list may mirror RTA members.

fb.....all kinda "performance clauses " in contracts.
nascar / tv
teams /sponsors
teams / nascar
nascar / tracks
etc .......etc

nobody but tha lawyers make $$ in a legal fight.

I was thinking that the smaller teams are scared of the big machine and maybe feel like they weren't big enough to say anything. They likely still feel that way as they are probably thinking nascar will crush the rta soon.
I can't imagine guys like Hendrick, Penske, and Ganassi wanting to band together just to save each other money on travel, lodging, and whatnot. That stuff is surprisingly expensive (~$80,000 per weekend for flights and hotels alone) but still very small in comparison to the cost of engines and chassis. What they could save just seems like it would be a drop in the bucket for those guys.

Back
Top Bottom