The real championship thread

??? come '15 ........dependence is on nbc / fox $$ contract .....like it or not !
prediction------nbc will push fox into better / newer type coverage-----lotsa mobile too. we'll see.

imsa / tudor / etc.....always been a big $$ sport....will always remain that . lucky ta be on tv !
maybe delay telecast might be in their best interest next yr ? vs head- up w/ nascar / etc . ??
Even HMS made only about $18 million from TV revenue last season (wasn't Jr.'s National Guard deal alone making $32 million?). Cup teams only rely on TV money for about 20% of their annual revenue at the moment anyways, and with NASCAR considering moving more money towards Nationwide and Truck the figures might not jump up that much.

If IMSA and FOX are going to have races shuffled off to FOX Sports 2 then they need to stop geoblocking the online feeds. And yeah, delayed broadcasts may work out better - the entirety of the COTA race was live on FS2 on Saturday and then the highlight package on FOX the next day ended up being one of their best broadcasts of the year, and they'll be doing the same for Petit this weekend - but things like the final nine hours of Sebring going untelevised can't happen anymore. I'm more upset with their handling of other aspects of the series though.

You know looking at a link someone had earlier to the points over time the first 25 years weren't about who was best all year but who won the most money so really its stupid to whine. Basically get over it your not in charge and no one wants you in charge and there is a reason you aren't in charge.

I say every year we keep track of the "Winston Cup Point Standings" circa pre-2004 and give the winner this at Homestead.

mm6OH94dQ8pJQSXCcDZXekA.jpg

NASCAR's ratings were at all-time highs right around the implementation of the Chase, although the opposite is usually cited as for why it was "needed". I think more than anything it was done out of arrogance. I have to say I agree with everything else you said. It sucks that ESPN's management doesn't care about NASCAR because their NASCAR team actually does a very good job with broadcasts (NonStop is much-needed and brilliantly used). And the live experience really does blow that of pretty much all other sports straight out of the water.
Looks to me that ratings went up when NASCAR moved from ESPN with cable access to Fox on broadcast TV. More people had access, checked it out for awhile and moved on. It looks like the core fans are still watching.

You know looking at a link someone had earlier to the points over time the first 25 years weren't about who was best all year but who won the most money so really its stupid to whine. Basically get over it your not in charge and no one wants you in charge and there is a reason you aren't in charge.

I have more education than Brian France, the reason I'm not in charge is because I know no one in the France family and am not a member of their family.

I gotta wonder if all of those that are so against this new Chase system aren't going to celebrate when their driver takes home the hardware after Homestead. If it's Jimmie's seventh, does it count? How about Kyle's first? Kes's second? Or, do we use the current point structure applied to the pre Chase era? Is that the real champion?
I know for damn sure if its Joey (or anyone really) it wont make a bit of difference to me. They still had to beat everyone else... right? Riiiight.

I sure hope we don't see 4 turds point racing at Homestead. It was bad enough watching JJ do it for 5 years.

Looks to me that ratings went up when NASCAR moved from ESPN with cable access to Fox on broadcast TV. More people had access, checked it out for awhile and moved on. It looks like the core fans are still watching.
I think most casual folks they try to pursue would be more interested in just good racing, which I think can best be created through the cars and tracks. I don't think most people are in it to follow the math.

the ratings wank and cute little graphs are like discussing politics or aero push. pretty much pointless. Broad casters are paying big money and wanting long term contracts. Sponsors are paying more money then ever to be involved in the sport chase or no chase.

"Fox Sports executives say they compare the network’s NASCAR ratings with other television programs, rather than with a TV number from eight years ago. Within the coveted male 18-49 demographic, NASCAR was the fourth-highest-rated show on TV in the first and second quarters."

I think most casual folks they try to pursue would be more interested in just good racing, which I think can best be created through the cars and tracks. I don't think most people are in it to follow the math.

only hard core folks like us are into tha cars / tracks / racin .....etc.

casual fans like tha suspense........"who's gonna get kicked out " .......outa house......off tha island .....off tha show ........outa dance contest .......................................................................outa chase !!

ain't reinventing tha wheel here ! ha!

German in the trucks, and Suraez in Nationwide, both brought in from the Toyota sponsored Nascar series in Mexico, and now a new crop in the diversity program.

"NASCAR launched an industrywide initiative two seasons ago to help it attract new fans, and it saw gains in two areas where it’s concentrating: Hispanics and young men. Viewership among Hispanics rose 40 percent and viewership among 18- to 34-year-old men rose 4 percent."

If you have noticed, Mikey gives Germain plenty of air time every race, Expect Suraez if he is any good at all to get the same treatment next year, running a Gibber Nationwide car.

German in the trucks, and Suraez in Nationwide, both brought in from the Toyota sponsored Nascar series in Mexico, and now a new crop in the diversity program.

"NASCAR launched an industrywide initiative two seasons ago to help it attract new fans, and it saw gains in two areas where it’s concentrating: Hispanics and young men. Viewership among Hispanics rose 40 percent and viewership among 18- to 34-year-old men rose 4 percent."

If you have noticed, Mikey gives Germain plenty of air time every race, Expect Suraez if he is any good at all to get the same treatment next year, running a Gibber Nationwide car.

surely those idiots at nascar / fox / nbc .......aren't goin for new fans ????
considerin all tha loyal hard core fans........like here in this thread ! ha!

the ratings wank and cute little graphs are like discussing politics or aero push. pretty much pointless. Broad casters are paying big money and wanting long term contracts. Sponsors are paying more money then ever to be involved in the sport chase or no chase.

"Fox Sports executives say they compare the network’s NASCAR ratings with other television programs, rather than with a TV number from eight years ago. Within the coveted male 18-49 demographic, NASCAR was the fourth-highest-rated show on TV in the first and second quarters."

1) That's from last year, and 80% of this year's schedule has experienced ratings and viewership declines from last year.
2) You forgot the succeeding sentence:

The increase in male viewers wasn’t enough to offset the 25 percent dip it saw in that segment a year ago, but the sport’s executives were encouraged.

-25% one year, +4% the next year - you still have a net loss.

only hard core folks like us are into tha cars / tracks / racin .....etc.

casual fans like tha suspense........"who's gonna get kicked out " .......outa house......off tha island .....off tha show ........outa dance contest .......................................................................outa chase !!

ain't reinventing tha wheel here ! ha!
My roommates were less than impressed with the racing at Richmond when they sat down to watch it a few weeks ago, championship figures be damned. They don't care about points if they're tuning into a procession.

My roommates were less than impressed with the racing at Richmond when they sat down to watch it a few weeks ago, championship figures be damned. They don't care about points if they're tuning into a procession.

question is ......will they watch dega ....phoenix .....or homestead ? when drivers get "kicked out " !
anecdotal chase experiment w/ ya roommates maybe ?

1) That's from last year, and 80% of this year's schedule has experienced ratings and viewership declines from last year.

The increase in male viewers wasn’t enough to offset the 25 percent dip it saw in that segment a year ago, but the sport’s executives were encouraged.

10 yr tv contract ! dumb azz guys at fox / nbc .......if only they had known !! :D

season isn't over doom and gloomer.

"but the sport’s executives were encouraged." read that as..the people with the money are encouraged. You and your roommates might not be:rolleyes:

question is ......will they watch dega ....phoenix .....or homestead ? when drivers get "kicked out " !
anecdotal chase experiment w/ ya roommates maybe ?
We'll see. They seem more interested in sports cars than stock cars, but considering we're in business majors I guess that's to be expected.
10 yr tv contract ! dumb azz guys at fox / nbc .......if only they had known !! :D
If he can selectively quote articles, so can I. ;)

:XXROFL:nah, it is all good, but predicting doom and gloom when the money is already down for 10 years is something to look hard at.

crazy people like me are pissed off I don't get Nascar Europe and Mexico and the V8 super cars from down under..and now that Ambrose is racing, it make it even worse.

crazy people like me are pissed off I don't get Nascar Europe and Mexico and the V8 super cars from down under..and now that Ambrose is racing, it make it even worse.
NBCSN is thankfully supposed to bring the Mexico Series to TV next year. V8SC offers live streaming of all qualifying/race sessions on their web site that I pay for.

Good deal then, so what I am hearing is now we will nominate YOU to stream the race...delayed of course, up on Utube for the rest of your buddies to watch.:rolleyes:

We'll see. They seem more interested in sports cars than stock cars, but considering we're in business majors I guess that's to be expected.

If he can selectively quote articles, so can I. ;)

let us know how it goes w/ roomies.

ya'll takin tha 1% biz courses ......or tha 99% courses ? ha!

NBCSN is thankfully supposed to bring the Mexico Series to TV next year. V8SC offers live streaming of all qualifying/race sessions on their web site that I pay for.
Then we can all talk about how Guadalaharra needs a Cup date.:D

Then we can all talk about how Guadalaharra needs a Cup date.:D
I'm sure there will be plenty to bitch about, I have seen a little bit of the racing down there, looked like Nascar in the 80's with Arca cars. Some will pick it to death, freaking Toyota's everywhere.:rolleyes:

I'm sure there will be plenty to bitch about, I have seen a little bit of the racing down there, looked like Nascar in the 80's with Arca cars. Some will pick it to death, freaking Toyota's everywhere.:rolleyes:
I think I read Mazda is a manufacturer down there too.

found a picture
rafaelmartinez4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom