Where's today's hate the Chase thread?

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
A funny thing happened. I woke up, logged on to Racing-Forums.com and didn't see today's brand new thread about how terrible the Chase is. Did I miss it? :)

A funny thing happened. I woke up, logged on to Racing-Forums.com and didn't see today's brand new thread about how terrible the Chase is. Did I miss it?

:)
I had suggested before placing seven 'sticky threads' at the top for Sunday, I Hate The Chase - Saturday, I Hate The Chase but the idea never really caught on. :(

Isn't a simple chase thread, a hate chase thread by default?
It should be.

Everyone is hating on the Chase and meanwhile I'm over here getting ready for the Rolex 24 and for the 2015 iRacing Season of racing. :D

image.jpg

I really wish we could get away from this 'Hate the chase stuff' . It's really not all that bad . The basic flawed changes to racing are what is really scary. Season points..gone , Qualifying ...trashed , sudden death eliminations and one race championship ...Choose any one thing and start a thread

Juniors dog died so I guess he wins the chase this year. I say chase not championship for that is what the season is now.

I guess it's appropriate we're talking about this now as it was a year ago this past weekend that the news broke about the sweeping changes to the chase format.

I think it's fair to say that overall, year one of the new format wasn't a smashing success. TV ratings were horrid except for the last handful of races, this despite two of the sport's biggest stars (Junior and Gordon) having their best seasons in years. It'll be interesting to see whether that late momentum from last year carries over at all into 2015, or if the slide continues.

Heil Andy of the all knowing and flip flopping island.

God forbid you state your opinion. Brian, Mike and Andy will be there to stomp you out!

Those NFL Playoffs yesterday sucked. The team that scores the most points during the regular season should automatically be crowned the NFL champions. There was no need for all the manufactured drama since the best two teams are in the Super Bowl anyway. And the College Football Playoff... the best two teams didn't make it to the National Championship Game. That system needs to be done away with and replaced with a system where the team with the best record wins the championship. I don't know why football fans didn't riot over that new system. Too much change.

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Those NFL Playoffs yesterday sucked. The team that scores the most points during the regular season should automatically be crowned the NFL champions. There was no need for all the manufactured drama since the best two teams are in the Super Bowl anyway. And the College Football Playoff... the best two teams didn't make it to the National Championship Game. That system needs to be done away with and replaced with a system where the team with the best record wins the championship. I don't know why football fans didn't riot over that new system. Too much change.

Ball and auto racing aren't the same.

I see this thread is dripping with sarcasm and something else … :rolleyes:

There is one thing I dislike about the chase and it is …. Talladega …

Musings of a :newbie:

Juniors dog died so I guess he wins the chase this year. I say chase not championship for that is what the season is now.

Junior's dog passed from having cancer … I hope your not making light of it because thats some heavy chit …

R.I.P. Killer :cheers:

You're the expert . Is there another racing series in the world where the only race you have to win is the final one and you are crowned national champion?

You're the expert . Is there another racing series in the world where the only race you have to win is the final one and you are crowned national champion?

Pretty sure you have to be a front runner to make it to the final race at Homestead though. I mean yea, there's the "win and you're in" stipulation, but that only gets you into the first round. That doesn't get you to Homestead.

Pretty sure you have to be a front runner to make it to the final race at Homestead though. I mean yea, there's the "win and you're in" stipulation, but that only gets you into the first round. That doesn't get you to Homestead.

Flyin Ryan wasn't a front runner …

Five Top 5's and 16 Top 10's and 41 laps led in 2014.

41 laps led and no wins to me is not a front runner … was he contending for wins? No …

But I was pulling hard for him to win at Homestead …

I would have liked to see him be able to finish 2nd and win the cup … a champ with no wins would have rocked … :punkrocke

Not really. Denny Hamlin had what would have been considered a miserable season in any other year of NASCAR's existence.

Back
Top Bottom