2015 Atlanta - QuikTrip Folds of Honor 500 - Pre Race Thread

Some of you need to take a chill pill. Arguing about NASCAR's handling of the situation is fruitless.

From what I've read, a large number of teams were not passing the first inspection because of
the rear camber. Maybe NASCAR didn't allow ample time for inspection, but the teams also were
pushing the envelope and got caught.

Quit attacking other posters for expressing their opinion about the situation.
If you don't agree with, ignore it.

I should have waited on the drinks and the telecast and read this thread..

Expressing an opinion is not attacking anyone. If I think you're wrong, I will call you on it.

You can do the same with me, if you think I'm wrong then say it. I will handle it accordingly. If it gets to a point where you're just an irritant to me I will ignore you which is what I did today. Keep quoting me and I'll just call you and idiot plain and simple.

Expressing an opinion is not attacking anyone. If I think you're wrong, I will call you on it.

You can do the same with me, if you think I'm wrong then say it. I will handle it accordingly. If it gets to a point where you're just an irritant to me I will ignore you which is what I did today. Keep quoting me and I'll just call you and idiot plain and simple.

Don't make it personal.

I think everyone should calm down.

We're all frustrated (I mean Tony is frickin 39th), however going back and forth over the cause isn't going to change anything or make anyone feel better about the situation.

Today was a flustercluck to say the least, and there's blame to go all around. Should the CCs have had the sh!t together? Yes. Should NASCAR have done better with getting everyone inspected before qualifications began? Yes.

However what is done is done and unless Brian France decides to do qualifications again tomorrow there's nothing that can be done.

So, let's just calm down get ready for Sunday and pray that our drivers, their teams, and cars make it through the next two days unscathed.

Remember, what brings you all together should not be what tears you all apart.

Be breezy! ;)

GROUP HUG!

tumblr_m5l8pel7oe1rn95k2o1_500.gif

One reason I think is the compressed time allowed between practice and qualifying probably because of TV coverage

Johnson blamed the allotted time NASCAR gives teams to get the cars through the inspection line after practice.

"I would say one of the largest factors is we have an hour less time this year to get the cars through tech, and an hour would have gotten everybody through," Johnson told FOXSports.com. "The other piece of it is, only 15 of the 49 cars made it through (tech) on the first trip. We all shared the same issue."

IMO this new qualifying process was brought about to be able to use less TV time to do it. The exciting factor Nascar is trying to sell to fans, some might buy it, but it also takes less time to qualify.

Reactions: Pat

Who the hell are you talking to ? LOL you are too young to be talking to yourself yet it seems you are

No matter .......................... Reck is from New York :D:booya:

You cant keep me from your thoughts can you old man? I appreciate it. I know I'd be miss if I were to die or something.

This isn't entirely true. @Pat and @Lin Are as equally frustrated about this as I am.
Thank you. Yes... while glad Junior didn't get caught up in that mess, the whole thing is very frustrating and Nascar needs to get a handle on this. Junior and Danica, or Carl, or Joey, and Brad, could be on the wrong side of the issue next time. And it's simply not fair. I feel worst for the guys who are missing the show, because even though they still might not have made it, they didn't even get a chance to try.

Kevin Harvick says corner speeds are up more than 11 mph with the new lower horespower/downforce rules for 2015.

I know I'm late at the **** has hit the proverbial fan here but... CALLED IT.

I don't see how this will equate to better side by side racing on Sunday's. We'll see though.

Oh Good Lord!

Jeff Gluck‏@jeff_gluck 8m8 minutes ago
UPDATE: NASCAR has clarified new rule it announced yesterday re: quals. Drivers CAN stop on pit road, but they cannot IMPEDE someone.

They should have made that call instantly after the first offense.

Reactions: Pat
Saturday, February 28

3:30 a.m., NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying (re-air), FOX Sports 1
5 a.m., The Perfect Storm: DAYTONA 500 (re-air), FOX Sports 1
9 a.m., NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1
Noon, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, FOX Sports 1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Day: XFINITY, FOX Sports 1
2 p.m., NASCAR XFINITY Series Hisense 250, FOX Sports 1
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Set Up, FOX Sports 1
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, FOX Sports 1
10 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race (re-air), FOX Sports 1
Midnight, NASCAR XFINITY Series Hisense 250 (re-air), FOX Sports 1

SATURDAY, FEB. 28:

ON TRACK-- 9:10 a.m..: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 10:40 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- noon-1:20 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 2 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Hisense 250, FOX Sports 1 (163 laps, 251.02 miles) (Follow live)
-- 5:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Hyundai Construction Equipment 200, FOX Sports 1 (130 laps, 200.2 miles) (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)
-- 10 a.m.: CMS and JGR announcement with Marcus Smith, Denny Hamlin
-- Post-NASCAR XFINITY Series race
-- Post-NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
-- 11:30 a.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

So every team went thru once and 17 were failed and didn't get back thru inspection.
That's tough call. I guess the message is make sure your right the first time. They are not gonna give you time to come thru multiple times , that would take all night.

So every team went thru once and 17 were failed and didn't get back thru inspection.
That's tough call. I guess the message is make sure your right the first time. They are not gonna give you time to come thru multiple times , that would take all night.

If NASCAR makes this a weekly thing then I'm not sure if Jimmie Johnson will ever do another qualifying run again. Expecting a Chad Knaus car to pass inspection without trouble is like expecting a fish to sprout legs and walk on land. It's not happening.

Back
Top Bottom