2015 Atlanta - QuikTrip Folds of Honor 500 - Pre Race Thread

You gotta be naive to think NASCAR screwing something up is rare. They do it on a regular basis.

The whole "rules are rules" premise is hilarious...especially considering NASCAR's rules flip flop this week.

How one day we had a new rule that prevented drivers from stopping on Pit Road during qualifying and then the next they immediately changed said rule again.

LOL ignorado.
Untitled.jpg

Yeah I didn't get that.

If Im not mistaken, the fact that you have to pass tech has been around for a long time.

quote="DanicaFreak, post: 914319, member: 8079"]There are absoultes here. They had time. They failed 1st inspection. They did not make it out for lap.[/quote]
So its a conspiracy? Not really buying it.
Lets find out what failed and why. But the rules exist...

They had a 3 hour inspection time today. Is that the usual time or is it usually 4 hours? 5 hours? What? Did they change that also? Did they have an equipment malfunction? Were they short 1 or 2 inspectors? There are always teams that go through inspection 2, 3 or even 4 times and make it out for qualifying. Like has been said It's my opinion that you are over simplifying it .

quote="DanicaFreak, post: 914319, member: 8079"]There are absoultes here. They had time. They failed 1st inspection. They did not make it out for lap.

They had a 3 hour inspection time today. Is that the usual time or is it usually 4 hours? 5 hours? What? Did they change that also? Did they have an equipment malfunction? Were they short 1 or 2 inspectors? There are always teams that go through inspection 2, 3 or even 4 times and make it out for qualifying. Like has been said It's my opinion that you are over simplifying it .[/quote]

We do need more info. I have been wrong before and am happy to admit when I am wrong...but my gut feeling is that the CC screwed the pooch

I look at it this way..... If every team did not have the opportunity to get through tech that first time before qualifying, that's entirely on NASCAR. If the teams were trying for a 2nd or even more times to get through tech because of failing their first time through, it can't entirely NASCAR's fault. Get it right the first time and get it through. You can bet these teams will be working harder to make sure they have it right next week, the first time.

I look at it this way..... If every team did not have the opportunity to get through tech that first time before qualifying, that's entirely on NASCAR. If the teams were trying for a 2nd or even more times to get through tech because of failing their first time through, it can't entirely NASCAR's fault. Get it right the first time and get it through. You can bet these teams will be working harder to make sure they have it right next week, the first time.

And I look at it this way..

The allowances in this sport between a pass and a fail are so minuscule and to expect every team to get it exactly right the first time is nuts, especially on the first race at a real track with a new rules package.

NASCAR got it wrong....like usual.

Ok. Lets find out what happened. I will be happy admit if I am wrong.
Do you really think that you're going to get a straight answer from a Nascar official if they screwed the pooch? Sheeesh.

I just watched practice and the missing horsepower doesnt seem to be much of an issue, if anything they were faster than ever. Time will tell I guess, anxious to see them at Phoenix where I can really see the difference

LOL

Jeff Gordon
‏@JeffGordonWeb
5m5 minutes ago
3rd tweet I've wrote. Had to erase the 1st two due to one of my fav quotes "Be sure to taste your words before you spit them out"

Jeff Gordon‏@JeffGordonWeb 3m3 minutes ago
Still baffled by what happened today! Can't believe @NASCAR had that big of issue getting cars thru inspection. Will b fun coming from 35th!

If thats the case I would think it would come out

You have a new rules package and even with extended time, not every car even got thru inspection a second time. They should have either started inspection earlier or postponed qualifying. Sure, if it was postponed, maybe it's not tv but people watch for the race. Now, their is at least one car if not more in the field that wouldn't be normally.

What a joke.

Dustin Long‏@dustinlong 4m4 minutes ago
#NASCAR … Joey Logano on qualifying tech: "I think you’ve got to be able to have the opportunity to go through there twice.” @NASCARTalkNBC

Wait just a minute!

NASCAR is a totalitarian sport. Once or you're out. Deal with it. :rolleyes:

This isn't even an issue in most cases. Cars fail inspection at least once every race. They get their due diligence. Always.

Somehow today was different though and we have people saying oh you failed once, too bad. Give me an effing break.

He also said he almost missed qualifying and only went through once.

What they should have done is just let everyone finish or have more than one tech area, which is how many they usually have with pieces of cut to the dimensions necessary, but if NASCAR is so cutting g edge, why not use a laser system? Or have more than one tech inspection area?

Give those people their 20 bucks back as well. That's idiotic to say the least.

Wait just a minute!

NASCAR is a totalitarian sport. Once or you're out. Deal with it. :rolleyes:

This isn't even an issue in most cases. Cars fail inspection at least once every race. They get their due diligence. Always.

Somehow today was different though and we have people saying oh you failed once, too bad. Give me an effing break.

At least it created drama. Is it possible it was done on purpose?

Back
Top Bottom