2015 Daytona 500 Pre Race Thread

It sounded like Denny took the blame for it in his interview.

He did. People are still blaming Danica though. It's the EXACT same thing as Saturday.

Hamlin took responsibility the same way Leilani did. But, in the world of NASCAR fandom, Leilani and Danica were responsible. It's sexism.

I just hope the back up car has some speed. :( Of course this means back of the pack....:(

If I have to go to the back, I would choose it to be on a plate track

edit will they get the back up on track for the next session?

Kyle Larson‏@KyleLarsonRacin11 mins11 minutes ago
Done for the day. Caught about a foot of the grass and damaged the nose. Boys are fixin it up for tomorrow's practices.

from jayski
seemed like a good car:
will drive Chassis No. 606 in the Sprint Unlimited. Previously raced by Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) teammates Kurt Busch and Ryan Newman, Chassis No. 606 has eight combined starts at the two restrictor-plate tracks on the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series schedule - four apiece at Talladega and Daytona. In its eight prior starts, its best results have come at Daytona - a pair of fifth-place finishes. Chassis No. 606 last saw action in the 2014 Daytona 500, where Busch finished 21st. The car's body has been updated for 2015

Wonder that the back up is

He did. People are still blaming Danica though. It's the EXACT same thing as Saturday.

Hamlin took responsibility the same way Leilani did. But, in the world of NASCAR fandom, Leilani and Danica were responsible. It's sexism.

Didn't see Patrick's wreck so I can't comment. It sounds like Hamlin came up the hill I guess...

As far as the ARCA crash... the fact that you can't place blame on someone because she is a woman.. Is sexist. It was pretty clear everyone was making a left turn except for the car in the middle. Granted, the air was probably moving her car around a bit. ****** PC bull****.

Didn't see Patrick's wreck so I can't comment. It sounds like Hamlin came up the hill I guess...

As far as the ARCA crash... the fact that you can't place blame on someone because she is a woman.. Is sexist. It was pretty clear everyone was making a left turn except for the car in the middle. Granted, the air was probably moving her car around a bit. ******* PC bull****.

You know Dun24 I agree to a point. I think we can go the other way too much...like NASCAR affirmative action where a female driver does not have to take any responsibility for anything. That said, sexism exists and it plays a role. For the record, if Patrick does something she needs to own it. ANY driver does.

yeah I saw the replay from nascar.com. Looks like a plate deal.

everybody will see this different, but it looked like to me she jerked it down into the middle into Hamlin who was already going there. either that or it was a really bad block attempt.

You know Dun24 I agree to a point. I think we can go the other way too much...like NASCAR affirmative action where a female driver does not have to take any responsibility for anything. That said, sexism exists and it plays a role. For the record, if Patrick does something she needs to own it. ANY driver does.

WORD.

And If HE ever takes responsibility for anything you can bet your butt that It was his fault. I'm glad that he did, maybe he's growing up.

He laughed about it...nervous almost...uncomfortable taking responsibility?

I looked at it a few times and it looked like Danica was trying to block a little bit, but it's really hard to tell.

I looked at it a few times and it looked like Danica was trying to block a little bit, but it's really hard to tell.

it is hard to tell, but I feel Aunty is right

I LOL'd.

Though I'm really disappointed with the coverage so far in Australia. Usually we'd be getting a few practice sessions either lIve or delayed but so far nothing this year.

We had to stream the Unlimited and by the looks of it we'll get the Duels, Trucks and Sprint Cup live, delayed Xfinity series.

I messaged FoxSports on Facebook and asked what NASCAR fans can expect to see this year but received no answer. But it's totally okay because while they arent showing live events, replays of tennis, golf and soccer are be televised. Complete Czarcasm there by the way. =|

Im nervous about tomorrow. One slip up and my girl is out of the race. and that would bum me totally out.

If Fox would have shown us a different view of the wreck we might have a better understanding of what happened … but being practice that may have been the only camera angle they had …

As far as the ARCA crash... the fact that you can't place blame on someone because she is a woman.. Is sexist. It was pretty clear everyone was making a left turn except for the car in the middle. Granted, the air was probably moving her car around a bit. ******* PC bull****.
Thank you for calling blatant bs.

Today is the last day of Speedweeks without a race!

Looks like an aero deal to me. Denny moved to the low side, changed up the air and Danica got sucked down into him. No fault needed really, but someone has to take the blame. Been working on the back up car just as long as the primary. No biggie. Hop in and let 'er rip.

Huh? Whatttt? What are you guys talking about missing a race?

Aren't Jr and Danica locked in by points? Arent you good for the first 6 races of the year on points via last year's standings?

So, by that same logic, Gordon, Jimmie, Brad etc could have missed the 500?

Confused.

Huh? Whatttt? What are you guys talking about missing a race?

Aren't Jr and Danica locked in by points? Arent you good for the first 6 races of the year on points via last year's standings?

So, by that same logic, Gordon, Jimmie, Brad etc could have missed the 500?

Confused.
TL;DR: It's not happening.

* The two fastest qualifiers during Coors Light Pole Qualifying earn starting positions one and two.
* The highest 15 finishers in each Duel race -- excluding the already locked-in front row -- will earn a spot in the Daytona 500, and fill positions 3-32.
* Based on their finishing position in the first Duel race, the top 15 will line up on the inside row (odd-number starting positions).
* Based on their finishing position in the second Duel race, the top 15 will line up on the outside row (even-number starting positions).
* Positions 33-36 will go to the four fastest cars from any round of Coors Light Pole Qualifying that have not already earned a spot.
* Positions 37-42 will be provisional positions, and go to the highest six cars in 2014 owner points that are present, have entered by the entry deadline and have not already qualified via the Duel or Coors Light Pole Qualifying.
* The 43rd starting position will be assigned to any car owner who has the most recent eligible past NASCAR Sprint Cup champion who did not make the field by any other method, providing the driver had competed in the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. If the 43rd position remains unused, it will be assigned to the next highest car in 2014 owner points not already locked into the field.
-------------------------------------------
Thirteen drivers are locked into the Daytona 500: #24-Gordon (pole), #48-Johnson (outside pole), #43-Almirola (speed, any round 202.340), #17-Stenhouse Jr. (speed), #19-Edwards (speed), #1-McMurray (speed), #4-Harvick (2014 owners points, 1st), #31-Newman (points, 2nd), #11-Hamlin (points, 3rd), #22-Logano (points, 4th), #2-Keselowski (points, 5th), #20-Kenseth (points 7th) and #14-Stewart (champions provisional).
------------------------------------------
For Earnhardt Jr. to miss the race:

First, he needs to finish outside the transfer spots (top 15) of his qualifying race.

Then, all six of Harvick, Newman, Hamlin, Logano, Keselowski and Kenseth need to finish outside the transfer spots in their qualifying race, as well as four of the seven remaining drivers that put up a faster speed in qualifying. Finally, one of the former series champions not yet locked in would have to also not finish in a transfer spot.
------------------------------------------
For Danica to miss the race:

Obviously, it would start with her finishing outside the transfer spots in her Duel race.

Patrick was 32nd-fastest in last Sunday’s qualifying; only four of the drivers in front of her would need to fall back on their speed for Danica to not have one of those spots available.

At least six drivers among the 27 ahead of her in owner points would then also need to have to revert to their points, not including the four who would qualify on speed.

Reactions: Pat
Today's television schedule

Thursday, February 19
Noon, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, FOX Sports 1
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Weekend Edition, FOX Sports 1
3:30 p.m., NASCAR America: 2014 Chase Spectacular (re-air), NBC Sports Network
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FOX Sports 1
5 p.m., NASCAR Race Day, FOX Sports 1
7 p.m., Budweiser Duel at Daytona, FOX Sports 1
10:30 p.m., NASCAR K&N Series East: New Smyrna (taped), NBC Sports Network
11:30 p.m., NASCAR Gridiron Challenge (re-air), NBC Sports Network
12:30 a.m., NASCAR America: NASCAR "In the News" 2014 (re-air), NBC Sports Network1 a.m., NASCAR K&N Series East: New Smyrna (re-air), NBC Sports Network
2 a.m., NASCAR America: Countdown 2014 (2) (re-air), NBC Sports Network
2:30 a.m., NASCAR America: 2014 Top Moments (re-air), NBC Sports Network
3 a.m., Budweiser Duel at Daytona (re-air), FOX Sports 1

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 19:

ON TRACK-- Noon-1:25 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 1:30-2:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 3:30-4:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 7 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Budweiser Duel #1, FOX Sports 1 (60 laps, 150 miles) (Follow live)
-- 8:30 p.m. (approx.): NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Budweiser Duel #2, FOX Sports 1 (60 laps, 150 miles) (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)
-- 10:45 a.m.: Jeff Gordon
-- 11:30 a.m.: Ben Kennedy announcement
-- 9:45 p.m.: Duels Post Race Press Conference

GARAGECAM
-- 3 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (Watch live)

Back
Top Bottom