2016 Bristol - Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race - Pre Race Thread

LMAO..........The Weather Channel?, that thing is still covering weather?, last I heard, it had "reality" shows too

I still check their website sometimes, can't remember the last time I actually turned to the channel

I still check their website sometimes, can't remember the last time I actually turned to the channel
Ahh, the website, that makes sense.

As soon as it looks like we have an opening, a new shower/storm pops up. Not too sure this thing will happen. The line of storms is down near Pigeon Forge which isn't too terribly far from the track.

Rosin or resin?
Rosin, also called colophony or Greek pitch (Latin: pix græca), is a solid form of resin obtained from pines and some other plants, mostly conifers, produced by heating fresh liquid resin to vaporize the volatile liquid terpene components.

According to the radar, a small thunderstorm just passed over the track. Bristol Motor Speedway is within the (+) east of Kingsport.

EDIT: The radar image is a few minutes old, so my above statement is an assumption.

Bristol Radar 2.gif

LMAO..........The Weather Channel?, that thing is still covering weather?, last I heard, it became another "reality" TV network
I'm glad someone else noticed. They think they are rock stars. :rolleyes:

Rosin, also called colophony or Greek pitch (Latin: pix græca), is a solid form of resin obtained from pines and some other plants, mostly conifers, produced by heating fresh liquid resin to vaporize the volatile liquid terpene components.

Okay, that makes more sense now.

So all rosin is resin, but not all resin is rosin? Revelatory.

So all rosin is resin, but not all resin is rosin? Revelatory.
Up until the early eighties you couldn't walk through the woods in this part of the world without seeing resin buckets on pine tree's hanging below weeps. It was a big industry here for two or three hundred years.

Before regular pre-race ceremonies, "Proud to be an American" was playing in the background while NBC announcers were talking.

I'm disappointed - it's part of what makes Bristol night race special! ESPN used to air "Proud to be an American" before regular pre-race ceremonies.

Back
Top Bottom