2016 Bristol - Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race - Pre Race Thread

Note: All times are ET

SATURDAY, AUG. 20:

PRE-RACE SCHEDULE
— 5:15:00 p.m.: NSCS Driver/Crew Chief Meeting (South Building – on Colossus TV)
— 7:20:00 p.m.: NSCS Driver Introductions - From the Turn 3 Cross-Over Area; Intro/Starting Positions/Outro by: Michael Buffer
— 7:54:00 p.m.: God Bless USA (The Sabalauski Air Assault School repels from Colossus during the song)
— 8:00:00 p.m.: Presentation of Colors by: Tennessee Highway Patrol Honor Guard, Nashville, TN
— 8:00:20 p.m.: Pledge of Allegiance by: TBD
— 8:00:50 p.m.: Invocation by: TBD
— 8:01:30 p.m.: God Bless America by: Danielle Peck, National Recording Artist
— 8:02:55 p.m.: National Anthem by: MRO Children
8:04:15 p.m.: Fly-by TOT: 2-T-38s from Langley Air Force Base, Virginia (Turn 3 to Turn 1)
— 8:11:15 p.m.: "Drivers, Start Your Engines" by: Johnny Morris, Founder, Bass Pro Shops and Bass Pro Store Managers
— 8:18:45 p.m.: Start of the Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race (500 laps, 266.5 miles)

ON TRACK

-- 8 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race (500 laps, 266.5 miles), NBCSN (Follow live)

PRESS PASS (Watch live)
-- 5:40 p.m.: Rick Hendrick and William Byron
-- 11 p.m. (approx.): NASCAR Sprint Cup Series post-race press conference

IT'S sad they r at Bristol. Nashville, South Boston, Evergreen, Portland, and I-70 were the tracks of my youth and should all be hosting the August Night race instead without million dollar wasteful track adjustments. Those tracks cost only a couple million dollars total. When Shane Hall won the pole at South Boston it was the best night of my month in august of that year.
Your comparison is invalid.

When Bristol was originally built, it probably cost less than a couple million dollars too. To bring the tracks you named up to current safety and garage standards would cost a lot more than a couple of million, and that's not even starting on grandstands and fan amenities.

CqRfTRYW8AAftQ5.jpg:large

Maybe with the new bottom tires will not puncture , the spring race was awful

Getting the Bristol Party in the backyard setup now. Got about 20 fellow race fans coming over for Adult beverages, good food, horseshoes, other games and a nice big campfire. Just tuned in the portable satellite dish, set up a TV for the daytime portion and projector w/screen for the night portion. Added a bluetooth soundbar for some music leading up to the race. Now, if the rain will just hold off..... there and here.

Side note..... Having issues right now pulling in the HD signal. May have to rough it and take this one in in SD. :mad:

Anyone know how much rain hit the track between last night and now? I feel like the bottom might be the place to be early in the race regardless.

Getting the Bristol Party in the backyard setup now. Got about 20 fellow race fans coming over for Adult beverages, good food, horseshoes, other games and a nice big campfire. Just tuned in the portable satellite dish, set up a TV for the daytime portion and projector w/screen for the night portion. Added a bluetooth soundbar for some music leading up to the race. Now, if the rain will just hold off..... there and here.

Side note..... Having issues right now pulling in the HD signal. May have to rough it and take this one in in SD. :mad:

SD? That would keep me home. Lol

Anyone know how much rain hit the track between last night and now? I feel like the bottom might be the place to be early in the race regardless.
Idk but I live fairly close to the track and it's been raining off and on pretty heavily at times since early am.

The Keg has been picked up, the crock pots are cookin', and I think I finally got the big screen set up. And to top it all off they added more resin to bring the bottom back. Tonight is going to be fun.

The Keg has been picked up, the crock pots are cookin', and I think I finally got the big screen set up. And to top it all off they added more resin to bring the bottom back. Tonight is going to be fun.
Good luck with your party. Got dancing girls?

Looks like Serbia is taking control of the Gold medal Water Polo game....I can never figure out how the horses can hold their breath underwater that long.

Wow. All I need to do is take my laptop to the couch. :D

Have fun! :bounce:

Looks like Serbia is taking control of the Gold medal Water Polo game....I can never figure out how the horses can hold their breath underwater that long.
That's a common misconception. Horses evolved able to hold their breath, originally having blow holes like whales. The trick was getting them to come out of the water.

Serious note, I didn't know until I was in my 40s that water polo players are swimming the whole time, not standing on the bottom.

That's a common misconception. Horses evolved able to hold their breath, originally having blow holes like whales. The trick was getting them to come out of the water.

Serious note, I didn't know until I was in my 40s that water polo players are swimming the whole time, not standing on the bottom.

Not to be too much off-topic but...I remember in my Navy training days we actually had water polo teams and my team won all of the games. We had a guy who was 6' 8" and a pretty good athlete/swimmer and he scored almost all of the goals for us. He could just go down a bit - hit the bottom and push off - and then come up and rifle the ball past the goalie. My job was, swim around, swim around, swim around - then get the ball to big Dave.

Was water polo a reference to heavy rain there or NBC's continued preference of stick and ball sports over NASCAR?

I'm not a Kasey Kahne fan, but dang I wish he could get into this chase. HMS has been disappointing this year to say the least. Chase was in this thing by quite a bit of points, but a few bad races have really knocked him back.

Back
Top Bottom