2016 Talladega - GEICO 500 - Pre Race Thread

at kansas in Danica's video, is that Danica's only non plate green flag pass?

Grill tape is a good topic. If you put more on you could win or blow up. If you put less on you could win after everyone else blows up.

Just wondering what the 14 team plans are if the race goes green past the halfway mark?, do they have a at this lap we bring the car in for the driver change point of no return if you will ?

b.jpg

The forecast is good for qualifying tomorrow. But probably a no go for the Xfinity race

I'm hoping for a 35 car wreck on lap two while Danica is running 5th. Then after the restart she leads all the rest of the way. CHASE BOUND! The internet would explode.

:owquitit:

Just so everyone knows where I stand....... I have been following Nascar since about 1964..... I lost interest for a while....... was brought back into the fold with the Elliott Brothers...... then ... in the last few years..... my weekends don't revolve around the race weekends like they once did...... ...... now...... it's not mandatory..... I still listen on MRN while grilling and catch bits and pieces on T.V. when going in and out....... but....... the oldest son and I make a point to watch both Daytona and 'Dega races....... We love watching the ''pack'' racing...... the ''tandem'' racing......... it sucked hind teat.....

It might be useful to remember the rules for SS quals:
(from http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/story/_/page/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-Series-Qualifying-Rules )

2016 Superspeedway Events Qualifying Format: (not Daytona 500)
a) Qualifying for all Superspeedway Events will consist of two scheduled Qualifying rounds. b) Superspeedway Qualifying consists of one timed lap in each round (EIRI). In all rounds, NEM reserves the right to have more than one vehicle engage in Qualifying runs at the same time.
c) Vehicles will be lined up and released for the first Qualifying round in the order of their respective fastest single lap speed posted in the combined Practice session(s), in ascending order (slowest to fastest).
d) A team representative must be present at the Qualifying vehicle release point when their Designated Vehicle is released for a Qualifying attempt. That team representative must scan race control and have direct radio communications with the driver during a Qualifying attempt.
e) Unless otherwise authorized by the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Managing Director, adjustments or repairs may not be made to the Designated Vehicle after the vehicle has taken the green flag at the start/finish line.
f) Any Designated Vehicle or driver not ready to compete within five (5) minutes of the time called onto the track may be sent to the rear of the line, repositioned within the order of the Qualifying round, or left out of the remainder of the Qualifying round, at the discretion of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Managing Director.
g) Throughout Superspeedway Event Qualifying, each Designated Vehicle will be released in a predetermined timed interval as determined by the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Managing Director.
h) Upon the completion of each Qualifying lap, NEM will impound each Designated Vehicle.
i) Upon completion of the first Qualifying round, eligibility for the forty (40) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starting grid positions will be determined. Each Charter Team will be eligible for one of the available forty (40) starting grid positions. Open Teams will be eligible for the next available starting grid positions based on the fastest single lap speed posted to each Open Team's Designated Vehicle in the first Qualifying round.
j) The twelve (12) eligible Designated Vehicles that post the fastest single lap speed from the first Qualifying round will advance to the final Qualifying round.
k) The remaining eligible Designated Vehicles will be assigned starting grid positions 13th - 40th based on their fastest single lap speed posted in the first Qualifying round in descending order.
l) There will be a ten-minute break after the completion of the first Qualifying round and the twelve (12) remaining Designated Vehicles that advance to the final Qualifying round will have their previously posted speed reset.
m) Designated Vehicles will be released for final Qualifying round in the order of their fastest single lap speed posted in the first Qualifying round, in ascending order (slowest to fastest).
n) The final Qualifying round consists of one timed lap (EIRI). The Designated Vehicle's fastest single lap speed posted in the final Qualifying round will be used to assign starting grid positions 1st- 12th in descending order.

jayski messed up by posting qualifying on fs1 instead of fox. Picking the grid would be better at all tracks. Brillant idea! At Talladega it really does not matter unless a RHR is on pole.

What's the over / under on Danica qualifying on the pole?

how does she miss it that much....:( Good practice....poor quals

Lol that 3 car is cheated up big time. Runs 17th every week then magically wins 2 poles by 2 tenths on the field.

Back
Top Bottom