2017-18 Fall/Winter Weather Thread

Just had another gully washer -- complete with lots of lightning/thunder.
Included some rain drops that bounced, too. LOL

Mother Nature is getting back at me for complaining about the drought.

Just had another gully washer -- complete with lots of lightning/thunder.
Included some rain drops that bounced, too. LOL

Mother Nature is getting back at me for complaining about the drought.
Snuggle down, read a book and let'er rip. :D

I do remember those hard rains in Texas. Especially how they were truly gully washers and went from quiet stream to raging flood waters. I was use to rain in the east where runoff was absorbed by the ground. Texas, and Arizona, were a different breed.

Apparently, this was Wichita's driest Winter in over 100 years. We only saw an inch of "snow", though .7 of that was actually sleet. Our total precipitation from December 1st to February 28th was only .51 of an inch. That's insane, especially considering a single thunderstorm can easily dump that on any given area. Hopefully that's not a sign of how dry things will be this Spring.

Wife and I were driving through Chesterfield and Darlington counties today and noticed many peach trees with blossoms already.I hope the cold weather they're calling for next week doesn't get them.The Mayflower restaurant in Darlington and visiting relatives we haven't seen in a while was worth the drive.

Got a few blossoms on my lil' peach tree. Woke up this morning to temps in the low 50's. Cold !!!! Gets any lower will have to get out the long johns. ;) Going to be a cool week and just when Grandson #1 is coming to visit.

Lows in the high 40s highs in the low 70s and going up a little in the next day or two. It'll be cooling off again after the front Tuesday night.

Another Nor Easter coming in for WED into THUR, talking 8-14 inches of snow, then possibly another big storm Sunday night into Monday.

I think we are finally moving on from our winter weather, thank goodness.

Not us....saying 10-15 inches now for tomorrows storm, thought i could put my winter gear away, but looking like March is going to be a bitch.
Yeah that sucks, just really sucks

Yep another Nor' Easter, been hit hard recently, power still out from last weeks storm in some spots along the coast. This will be our biggest storm of the year today as far as snowfall, going to to be heavy wet snow, so the snowblower and me will get a workout when I get out of work tonight, that's if work doesn't get cancelled.

Yep another Nor' Easter, been hit hard recently, power still out from last weeks storm in some spots along the coast. This will be our biggest storm of the year today as far as snowfall, going to to be heavy wet snow, so the snowblower and me will get a workout when I get out of work tonight, that's if work doesn't get cancelled.
My daughter headed back out to Philly yesterday, early afternoon. When she got there, she said it was pretty decent out but that changed quick. I think she said they were looking at about 8" of heavy wet snow today. I've seen some pics this morning. It's a mess.

Last Saturday morning, we were heading west on I80 across PA. Near Pocono I80 was closed form Friday, late afternoon, through Saturday @ noon. A bunch of people were stranded overnight. While on our way, we passed 100's of Utility Service Trucks heading east to help restore power to those affected. Looking at the names on the side of those trucks, it was amazing to see where they were all coming from. Very cool to see these places step help to help their neighboring states in a time of need.

My daughter headed back out to Philly yesterday, early afternoon. When she got there, she said it was pretty decent out but that changed quick. I think she said they were looking at about 8" of heavy wet snow today. I've seen some pics this morning. It's a mess.

Last Saturday morning, we were heading west on I80 across PA. Near Pocono I80 was closed form Friday, late afternoon, through Saturday @ noon. A bunch of people were stranded overnight. While on our way, we passed 100's of Utility Service Trucks heading east to help restore power to those affected. Looking at the names on the side of those trucks, it was amazing to see where they were all coming from. Very cool to see these places step help to help their neighboring states in a time of need.
Yeh it's cool to see people helping out, we had a storm back in 2011 right around Halloween, got dumped with almost a foot of really wet snow, windy and not all the leaves were off the trees. It was a real mess, power out for 6 days, I was putting snow in my fridge to try to keep some of my food from spoiling. Lost quite a bit of meat in my freezer downstairs, but the worst part was everything was shut down, everything was like a ghost town. I had no heat for that time period, didn't have a wood stove, so it stayed around 45 degrees in the house, was not a fun 6 days. A lot of utility companies helped out, it was a huge clean up, and my chain saw was very busy.

Back
Top Bottom