2017-18 Fall/Winter Weather Thread

Englewood weather, rain, rain, and more rain. Temp is 69 and, did I mention it is raining?

Went to a bocce tournament and got rained out.
The car is under the car port and dry so will seize the opportunity to wax it.
BTW, the flea market was a smashing success. No $$ figures known as yet but my guess is we did very well. Had a count of 783 cars, not residents, visitors to the flea market. Weather was not a factor other than the high winds the past two days bringing the rain across the Gulf of Mexico.

71 here and it's been raining all day.

Y'all quit talking about rain. Haven't seen rain around here in over a month -- now, when I say "rain", I mean heavy enough to make puddles in the driveway. THAT kind of rain hasn't been around here in more than 2 months. DRY, DRY, DRY.

Upper 60s today with lots of sunshine.

Went to my diary to check on the amount of rain ---
last really good rain was 2 inches in late September, early October.
Had one good day of rain on Dec. 6.
Nothing in between those dates and nothing since Dec. 6.

Last edited:
60 degrees with clear blue skies now with a high of 65 today and a low of 33 tonight.

Rained yesterday and forecast calls for 1-3 inches of snow starting late tonight and continuing overnight. Then more rain/snow late in the week.

It was a beautiful day here today.

128829f13a4024d548b8e669d6a30d48.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That pic is east coast water. Right behind those mountains in the background is the west coast.

Rained yesterday and forecast calls for starting late1-3 inches of snow tonight and continuing overnight. Then more rain/snow late in the week.

1-3 inches has turned into 6+ inches and it's still coming down. They go to college and obtain a degree to become a guesser don't they? :rolleyes:

Started raining a bit before I went to bed last night @ about 33 degrees. Woke up this morning to 3 fresh inches of snow and 15 degrees. 18 degrees out there now and the driveway/walkways have been cleared.

It was about 35 degrees when I went to the zoo today. The good thing about that is that there's not many people there with such cold teams, but the bad thing is that half the animals are off exhibit.

Lot's of snow overnight. Expecting another 6 inches by tomorrow. About 21 degrees and more snow coming down now.

60 degrees now with an expected high of 72 today. :D

Looks like a snow globe out there today. I think our current storm started about 4am. I cleaned off a couple inches off the front walk at 4:45 and a couple more since. I'm not even going to start on the driveway(s) until later this afternoon. Took my wife 45 minutes to make the 20 minute commute to work today. 4wd all the way. I drove my son to work in my 4x4 truck. Took me 20 minutes to make the less than 10 minute drive.

There are currently 1409 plow trucks out on Pennsylvania roads. Amazing! I wouldn't even guess that there are that many in the state. And that's just the PA Dept of Transportation. That number doesn't include local municipalities and city trucks.

Stay safe of there fellow north easterners!

Untitled.jpg

Looks like a snow globe out there today. I think our current storm started about 4am. I cleaned off a couple inches off the front walk at 4:45 and a couple more since. I'm not even going to start on the driveway(s) until later this afternoon. Took my wife 45 minutes to make the 20 minute commute to work today. 4wd all the way. I drove my son to work in my 4x4 truck. Took me 20 minutes to make the less than 10 minute drive.

There are currently 1409 plow trucks out on Pennsylvania roads. Amazing! I wouldn't even guess that there are that many in the state. And that's just the PA Dept of Transportation. That number doesn't include local municipalities and city trucks.

Stay safe of there fellow north easterners!

View attachment 32928
Unreal.

Yeah, it's a neat site that I've mentioned before. There is a ton of real-time information on there in addition to plow trucks. My states site is http://www.511pa.com/. I think every state has a similar site but their data varies. If you zoom in or out on the map located on our site, it'll show you each and every plow truck on the road. I believe their positions are updated ever few seconds allowing you to track their paths around our roads. If you zoom in on a particular truck and click on it, it will display its history of travel allowing you to know what roads have been treated. Impressive that information like that is so readily available.

Looks like a crappy day here, maybe 6 inches of snow then sleet and freezing rain, then maybe back to snow before it ends....rather just snow, much easier to snowblow.

Yeah, it's a neat site that I've mentioned before. There is a ton of real-time information on there in addition to plow trucks. My states site is http://www.511pa.com/. I think every state has a similar site but their data varies. If you zoom in or out on the map located on our site, it'll show you each and every plow truck on the road. I believe their positions are updated ever few seconds allowing you to track their paths around our roads. If you zoom in on a particular truck and click on it, it will display its history of travel allowing you to know what roads have been treated. Impressive that information like that is so readily available.

^^^^ Your tax dollar at work. :rolleyes:

Another beautiful day here in Englewood, Florida. Current temp 69 with high of 78 degrees mid-day. Clear skies and sunny.

Ain't that the truth..... Just wait till they get around to fixing all the post winter / pre spring potholes..... Winters are extremely hard on our roads up here. Taxes for road maintenance/repair, the price we pay for actually experiencing four distinct seasons in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. :(

Another beautiful day here in Englewood, Florida. Current temp 69 with high of 78 degrees mid-day. Clear skies and sunny.
Enjoy the clear and sunny while you can. 70 degrees and storming here and it's heading your way.

63 degrees and really nasty and raining this morning.

Nasty? Raining? Not here in beautiful Englewood. Temp currently 80 degrees at 10:24 a.m.

High expected to be 81 degrees. Tomorrow, sunny skies, slight breeze, high of 81.

Feel very fortunate to be 81 and finally able to ride my bike twelve miles, and more, after last years series of events. I was riding sixteen miles every other day and nine or ten miles on the off days.

Spent the last few days building an extension on my carport to keep the golf cart under cover. Although I don't know why we even have a golf cart because we always walk or I ride my bike. Oh! Now it comes back as to why! It is for the grandsons, two of whom have a driver license and still love to tool around the community in the golf cart. ;)

Johali, enjoy the rain. We're on the verge of Exceptional Drought here in the Hill Country. It's so dry, even the weeds are giving up.
Started out at 61* this morning with heavy cloud cover. Still have the cloud cover but the temp has dropped to 47* with a stiff North wind.
Headed back to the freezer tonight. Tomorrow, we'll be lucky to hit 40* for a high.

Johali, enjoy the rain. We're on the verge of Exceptional Drought here in the Hill Country. It's so dry, even the weeds are giving up.
Started out at 61* this morning with heavy cloud cover. Still have the cloud cover but the temp has dropped to 47* with a stiff North wind.
Headed back to the freezer tonight. Tomorrow, we'll be lucky to hit 40* for a high.
I hope you get some rain soon. This is supposed to be the wet season.

Hope you break this drouth. If it keeps up, the beauty and glory of the bluebonnets will be a scarce sight.

Back
Top Bottom