2017 Bristol - Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race - Pre Race Thread

The Bristol night race attendance may be the highest of the year even though not sold out. The spring race does look really sad though.

If it wasn't such a haul for me I'd be at this race every year.

Heck, even if they just had more options close by in terms of hotels, etc. I'd probably make the trip. Been to Charlotte the last 2 years and I booked a hotel downtown yesterday for the October race just because there's so much to do there during a race week to make it worth the 9 hour drive.

The Bristol night race attendance may be the highest of the year even though not sold out. The spring race does look really sad though.
More legroom, shorter concession lines, and non existing restroom queues are all welcomed by this attending fan. We held season tickets to BMS for a long, long time. We quit going a short time ago. While we were still really enjoying the racing there, it just got to be out of our budget to continue the trip there. Someday we'll be back. It's nice to know that we can make a last minute decision to go as tickets and camping spots are still to be had leading up to the event these days.

Couldnt make it happen this year, but this track either Food City 500 or the Good's Headache Powder 500 are on my bucket list.

More legroom, shorter concession lines, and non existing restroom queues are all welcomed by this attending fan. We held season tickets to BMS for a long, long time. We quit going a short time ago. While we were still really enjoying the racing there, it just got to be out of our budget to continue the trip there. Someday we'll be back. It's nice to know that we can make a last minute decision to go as tickets and camping spots are still to be had leading up to the event these days.

I started going to the night race about 30 years ago in the BIR days and had a whale of a time and the place really changed for the better after Bruton Smith bought it as he made many much needed improvements. IDK why the first race is not a popular as the second as it is all the same racing to me.

I suspect that other than a few races a fan could walk up to the ticket counter and purchase a ticket or scalp a scalper for an even better deal. It is great if you are a fan but if you are the track or Nascar it has to suck.

A crowd of 8,500 fans watched the Philadelphia Eagles take a 17-10 win over the Washington Redskins on Sept. 2, 1961 in a National Football League preseason game played in the infield of Bristol International Speedway, as it was known then.

57d0df6603257.image.jpg
That's my Birds!

This isn't a sellout? There were hardly any tickets for sale on Monday when I checked

FRIDAY, August 18
10:00-11:25 a.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live) (Canada: TSN GO)
12:30-1:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, NBCSN (Follow live) (Canada: TSN 2)
3:40 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN (Follow live) (Canada: TSN GO)
5:45 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN (Follow live) (Canada: TSN 2)
7:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Food City 300 (300 laps, 159.9 miles), NBCSN (Follow live) (Canada: TSN 2)

PRESS PASS (Watch live)
9 a.m.: Matt Kenseth
9:15 a.m.: Chase Elliott
Noon: Ward Burton
2 p.m: Chris Buescher
2:30 p.m.: Jamie McMurray
3:35 p.m.: Trevor Bayne
6:45 p.m.: Post-Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series qualifying
10 p.m.: Post-NASCAR XFINITY Series race

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
Noon: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series

Coming through that gate in a semi must be exciting. :eek:
If you've ever been there during Parade Night, it's cool to sit just inside the speedway to watch that alone.

Here's an older video. It doesn't do the transition justice IMO.

Reactions: Pat
What is this red flag for? And I'm assuming NBCSN is having technical issues?

If you've ever been there during Parade Night, it's cool to sit just inside the speedway to watch that alone.

Here's an older video. It doesn't do the transition justice IMO.

No room for mistakes there! Unfortunately I've never been able to catch a hauler parade anywhere. The best I've gotten to it was watching them leave AMS & Talladega after the race.

Not sure who's doing the TV coverage but Burns and Kyle Petty are on the app. Kyle about had a heart attack when he saw Larson running up high because he thought he was wrecking loose. Come on dude.

Back
Top Bottom