2017 Bristol - Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race - Pre Race Thread

I just received this email from Bass Pro Shops. This is the 4th one in 2 weeks. They're really pushing tonight's race. And yes that is one badass Batbass Mobile. Holy Moly.

truex-night-race.png

TUNE IN AND
WATCH ON NBC

AUGUST 19 @ 7:30PM ET
TO SEE THE BASS PRO SHOPS NRA NIGHT RACE

BASS PRO SHOPS NRA NIGHT RACE
Saturday, August 19 – 7:30pm
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series

bat-bass-mobile.jpg

Take a photo in front of the Batbass Mobile within the Bass Pro Shops/NRA trackside footprint and tweet your photo (tagged with #batbass) for a chance to win a Bass Pro NRA Night Race Prize Package! Includes one (1) seat in pace car, four (4) passes to the driver's meeting, four (4) passes to pre-race concert, four (4) race tickets, and one (1) parking pass.

Official Rules

Kasey Kahne to the rear

Kasey Kahne will have to give up the third starting spot tonight and start at the rear of the field at Bristol because his team had to change one of the tires he qualified on Friday. NASCAR rules this year require Cup drivers to start the race on the tires they use in qualifying.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0690575147244985206-4
Does that mean Chase slides to the inside cause that would be sweet

I must agree 100 percent Pat
It's a rule on top of rules. With the new qualifying system, teams have to run the same tires they qualify with in the first stage. That is supposed to save money on tires. On the other hand what is going to stop crew chief's popping a tire or two in order to get an advantage. So you have this half assed rule on top of a rule. It's like the lottery, you need luck. Kahne used his up at Indy :idunno: No horseshoe for Kahne.

It's a rule on top of rules. With the new qualifying system, teams have to run the same tires they qualify with in the first stage. That is supposed to save money on tires. On the other hand what is going to stop crew chief's popping a tire or two in order to get an advantage. So you have this half assed rule on top of a rule. It's like the lottery, you need luck. Kahne used his up at Indy :idunno: No horseshoe for Kahne.

Some rules need to be changed .... just because Nascar decided to go nuts with the whole qualifying routine means little to me. Hell , they used to run special engines to qualify ..... that practice never disturbed my viewing pleasure !!! Safety first Nascar says ... then they force teams to start a race on old tires :rolleyes:

So interesting, my local NBC station has Football, so the race, has been moved over to one of the local independent stations, that is owned by company that also owns the local CBS station :D

These guys need to check the definition of sideways. The most overused phrase with this bunch.

If a car skips out an inch it means the car is sideways. Phil Parsons and Michael Waltrip wore the term out

Some rules need to be changed .... just because Nascar decided to go nuts with the whole qualifying routine means little to me. Hell , they used to run special engines to qualify ..... that practice never disturbed my viewing pleasure !!! Safety first Nascar says ... then they force teams to start a race on old tires :rolleyes:
I agree....... all the stupid rules they have now to try to ''save'' money for the teams are a farce..... That rule book HAS to be at least 4 inches thick and all it does is hamstring every team....... Nascar runs it's operations like the Govt...... too many rules and regulations........

I agree....... all the stupid rules they have now to try to ''save'' money for the teams are a farce..... That rule book HAS to be at least 4 inches thick and all it does is hamstring every team....... Nascar runs it's operations like the Govt...... too many rules and regulations........

Has anyone actually seen the rule book ? I have heard of folks that tried to obtain one but never managed to

That's never made sense to me. Getting to jump to positions from where you qualify.
That's the way it's been since they went to double file restarts. One or more on the inside drops out the inside line moves up, the same for the outside line.

So interesting, my local NBC station has Football, so the race, has been moved over to one of the local independent stations, that is owned by company that also owns the local CBS station :D

Yep ........... its on channel 3 here

OMG , this is kind of painful to watch :D

OMG , this is kind of painful to watch :D
Yeah, I have to agree. I guess they think it will get the half packed stands lathered up in a frenzy.
Its real easy, just drop the green flag!

Guessing NBC has no idea they are having audio issues

Hotel in WV with no race. Direct TV but no NBC. Any way to stream free? Sorry if this has been covered a million times but I never needed it before.

Anyone else having audio issues?,

LOL 3TV must of got my tweet

Back
Top Bottom