2017 Bristol - Food City 500 - Pre Race Thread

Unbelievable, that stuff is headed straight to the track. Guess the weather gods are not Bristol fans. That being said I'm surprised they decided to start at 1 pm. I thought for sure they would start at 10 am as the forecast called for it to be clear a few hours earlier.Oh well.

I was thinkin' the same thing.

In fact, considering today's forecast, they could have opened the gates first thing this morning and started the race as soon as the track was dry.

go figure . . . .

Unbelievable, that stuff is headed straight to the track. Guess the weather gods are not Bristol fans. That being said I'm surprised they decided to start at 1 pm. I thought for sure they would start at 10 am as the forecast called for it to be clear a few hours earlier.Oh well.
There are some mountains between that stuff and the track....maybe just maybe the mountains will break it up.

Driver intros and all the other pre race BS should be skipped for postponed rain out races, especially when more rain is on the way.

I commend nascar for postponing it early yesterday but scheduling it for 1pm the following day is asking for more limited racing.

I was thinkin' the same thing.

In fact, considering today's forecast, they could have opened the gates first thing this morning and started the race as soon as the track was dry.

go figure . . . .

Well, you can't race Bristol without putting down some VHT first. Friggin LAME!

Wish green was at 11am like every other rainout
I figure the 1:00 time was set by Fox, but the TV partners have been okay with 11 or even 10 in the past. Maybe the 1:00 lets the put it on Fox proper and not on the sports networks. NASCAR may have accepted the later time to get the broadcast network.

Or maybe I'm speculating without data, again.

The movie was 'Operation Petticoat'. This guy played a witch doctor hired to put a protective spell on a recently repaired submarine. He does his thing, the sub pulls from the dock, and he delivers the one and only line of his career:

Tusi+Faiivae.jpg

"They'll never make it."

With all those NBA playoff games? Ouch. lol
Cavs/Warriors final - There, just solved everyone's problem lol.

Idk how anyone can watch that league for 82 games and then the playoffs knowing the outcome the entire time.

With all those NBA playoff games? Ouch. lol

Ratings will blow regardless. Lol

I'm just wondering if they will transfer the broadcast over at all. I recorded the whole days worth of FOX and FS1. Not FS2 though.. Probably a poor decision.

Ratings will blow regardless. Lol

I'm just wondering if they will transfer the broadcast over at all. I recorded the whole days worth of FOX and FS1. Not FS2 though.. Probably a poor decision.
I'm set on Fox for 5 hours. I think the DVR crowd will be safe; looks like they're racing to halfway.

Half way ain’t countin’ no more.

Now that we have the ultra exciting enhancement of stopping the races while in progress, they have to get to the end of the second scheduled bunch ‘em up caution.

Think I'll leave PRN's stream on.

They just said, "It's Bristol, Baby!"

Haven't got to see any NASCAR coverage this week until today. If the prerace video is any indication, the crap they put down on the lower grove will cause this to be a clusterf$%k

NASCAR weather man says there is a 50-60% chance of a full race today

Back
Top Bottom