2017 Bristol - Food City 500 - Pre Race Thread

Serious flooding happening at Bristol.Props to CB for helping out.

Chris Buescher‏Verified account @Chris_Buescher 13m13 minutes ago
Does anyone know whose bus this is?! I fear it will be lost soon. @ Bristol Motor Speedway https://www.instagram.com/p/BTP58XTFvSi/

44e9c5379c024fc09274dcfa3fc6eebf.png

Supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon as well. Looking like a Monday night race? If that...

I'm glad the race was cancelled today. Had time to spend outside in some gorgeous weather and catch up with a few friends. Would not mind one bit if there were no Sunday day races from April-September.

That is the problem I have with watching the races live as when the weather is good I like to be outside in the fresh air doing something.

I wonder how long NASCAR will delay a race until they scrub the whole weekend and mark it as a "Bye" weekend or reschedule it later on in the season.

I wonder how long NASCAR will delay a race until they scrub the whole weekend and mark it as a "Bye" weekend or reschedule it later on in the season.

They will race up through thursday 11pm if they had to. Way too much money involved that is already there.

I'm guessing the latest they'll run is a Tuesday

They will race up through thursday 11pm if they had to. Way too much money involved that is already there.

What money? You can forget about attendance. It will be a ghost town.

Kind of like a test session. They'll probably push this to FS2 which will impact the ratings further.

What money? You can forget about attendance. It will be a ghost town.

Kind of like a test session. They'll probably push this to FS2 which will impact the ratings further.

You are aware of how much money it costs the race teams every weekend for all their resources? I'm not talking about the fans.

Hotels
Travel
Food
Goodyear
Sunoco
Nascar
Media
Etc......

You are aware of how much money it costs the race teams every weekend for all their resources? I'm not talking about the fans.

Hotels
Travel
Food
Goodyear
Sunoco
Nascar
Media
Etc......

They'll eat the cost if they have to. They're not going to force a race to happen when the conditions are not there for it.

Most sports just re-schedule events around the circustances. You're not dealing with cheapskates when you're talking about big companies.

Ok, so say they can't race on Tuesday, does it become a "Bye" week or does it get moved to another date later in the season?
If it gets pushed back enough (I don't think it will) they could run it the weekend in between the Bristol Night Race and Darlington or they could do some sort of doubleheader in August.

Ok, so say they can't race on Tuesday, does it become a "Bye" week or does it get moved to another date later in the season?

Like most things in the rule book, the procedures aren't written in stone. In years past the policy is to keep postponing until Thursday. At that point the race is rescheduled during an off weekend, or simply scratched from the schedule.

In this case, I could see nascar pulling the plug due to flooding.

lol no they wont, the Cup Series haulers park Thursday at Richmond, I believe they can go to Wed before they call it.

I'm glad the race was cancelled today. Had time to spend outside in some gorgeous weather and catch up with a few friends. Would not mind one bit if there were no Sunday day races from April-September.
They'd be better off being Saturday night races from September on to the end because of football.

I would absolutely LOVE a doubleheader weekend, in fact I think I would probably even consider coming from Colorado/Utah to see that, but the TV contracts are too big and attendance doesn't matter as much due to that so I expect they'll wait until Wednesday Night before that thought.

I hope they don't burn a bunch of laps under caution due to the delay

looks good from 11am to 4pm so they should be able to get all or most in. remember everyone race is now not official till stage 2 is over (no more half way)

Back
Top Bottom