2017 Bristol - Food City 500 - Pre Race Thread

With it this wet, its aprob not a good comparison, but Im tired of race weekends geting rained out.

Is there a chance today could get rained out too?

Rain Tires on a short track wouldn't work on any car. Have you seen those F1 races in the rain?

They struggle like hell to keep the cars on the track and those are wide, grippy tires on very wide tracks.

Claire B Lang‏ @ClaireBLang 1m1 minute ago
The sun is shining here @BMSupdates ....We goin' racin! #prettyday #Godblesstheracefans
sunshine.jpg

Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass 1m1 minute ago

Yes. Grandstands open 11am. Driver intros 12:20pm. Green 1:07pm. TV is Fox, which will also stream online & thru its app. Radio PRN SiriusXM

Jus bolt on a set ah dem Goodyear Assurance TripleTred All-Season tars, a wiper ‘n a brake light. They be good make ‘em run.

Electronics gettin’ wet? They lyin’ ‘bout that. Just close the sun roof 'n roll the winders up.

Run in da rain everybody else does!

I drove out to AZ this weekend. I'd requested Monday off. Told el jefe that I'd probably still be able to make it in.... **** man what do I do now!

Well... I'm at work. SMH... screw my moral compass.

More rain/storms moving in from the south. The sunnier it is during cloud breaks the warmer it gets, which makes the air more unstable. The more unstable the air is the stronger those storms will grow as they approach.

I get it. I've heard something similar from my local weather man. Sun is bad in the middle of storms.

More rain/storms moving in from the south. The sunnier it is during cloud breaks the warmer it gets, which makes the air more unstable. The more unstable the air is the stronger those storms will grow as they approach.
I kinda like when the sun comes out, it gets warmer and doesn't rain. That's my hope.

have my DVR ready ( the magic of Comcast, can DVR from work on my phone) From the looks of recent post, its not looking good for them there today?

Unbelievable, that stuff is headed straight to the track. Guess the weather gods are not Bristol fans. That being said I'm surprised they decided to start at 1 pm. I thought for sure they would start at 10 am as the forecast called for it to be clear a few hours earlier.Oh well.

Unbelievable, that stuff is headed straight to the track. Guess the weather gods are not Bristol fans. That being said I'm surprised they decided to start at 1 pm. I thought for sure they would start at 10 am as the forecast called for it to be clear a few hours earlier.Oh well.

I feel like we are just sitting around wasting time.

Back
Top Bottom