2017 - Daytona 500 - Pre Race Thread

Bob PockrassVerified account‏@bobpockrass 1h1 hour ago
Jeff Gordon will drive the pace car prior to the start of the Daytona 500. The car is a Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.

C5cPXrOUYAIHL5R.jpg

Last edited:
Bob PockrassVerified account‏@bobpockrass 1h1 hour ago
Jeff Gordon will drive the pace car prior to the start of the Daytona 500. The car is a Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.
They just can't keep that guy out of the car. I don't think he wanted to retire from the sport. I have to wonder if he just kept thinking 'What if' while watching Chase last night. I bet he had plenty of great years left in him behind the wheel. Oh well, better to go out on top than to take the Ol' DW route.

They're workin' on somethin' secret. Nothin' was forgotten.

Them 88 "Hendicks" boys is doin' strategy.

Reactions: Pat
Kasey was way better then where he finished last night
He drove a great race, was really fun to watch. I don't recall what happened towards the end that shuffled him out, Hamlin put him 3 wide in the middle I think? happened really fast and there was no replay.

He drove a great race, was really fun to watch. I don't recall what happened towards the end that shuffled him out, Hamlin put him 3 wide in the middle I think? happened really fast and there was no replay.
I only saw on twitter that Johnson in a wrecked car got his teammate out of the draft, for a position he now gives up because of the backup. Now Kasey is stuck starting midpack. The 5 always forgotten as a teammate by the other 3

SATURDAY, FEB. 25:
ON TRACK
-- 10:30 a.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Qualifying (single vehicle/two rounds), FS1 (Follow live)
-- 12:30-1:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Daytona 500 final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 3:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Powershares QQQ 300 (120 laps, 300 miles), FS1 (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)
-- 10 a.m.: Ford Performance and team owners (Raj Nair of Ford Performance Executive VP, Product Development and Chief Technical Officer; Roger Penske of Team Penske; Jack Roush of Roush Fenway Racing and Tony Stewart of Stewart-Haas Racing)
-- 12:30 p.m.: Toyota Racing and team owners (Ed Laukes, the VP of marketing, performance and guest experience, Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A.; Joe Gibbs of Joe Gibbs Racing; and Barney Visser of Furniture Row Racing
-- 6 p.m. (approximately): Post-NASCAR XFINITY Series race

I really need to see segment #1 on Sunday with no cautions. That's
not too much to ask for, I hope.

What type of odds can I get on a green white, checkers with wreckers finish? I just hope for a safe race tomorrow. The Daytona 500 have become nothing but crashfests which is unfortunate given the history of this race imo.

Night before the 500, we are watching Days Of Thunder. My favorite racing movie

Night before the 500, we are watching Days Of Thunder. My favorite racing movie
I just watched it earlier today. As cheesy as it is, it's a great trip down memory lane. Fantastic soundtrack.:dirtbike:

Note: All times are ET

SUNDAY, FEB. 26:

RUN OF SHOW

1:19:00 p.m.: Daytona 500 pre-race show featuring Lady Antebellum

1:43:00 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Drivers Introductions with NASCAR Special Awards presented
2:10:00 p.m.: Intro Presentation of Colors by: USCG Component Joint Service Honor Guard
2:10:20 p.m.: Invocation by: Pastor Ronnie Barton, First Baptist Church of South Daytona
2:11:00 p.m.: National Anthem by: Jordin Sparks, starring in "God Bless the Broken Road," DAV Ambassador

2:12:30 p.m.: Fly-By TOT: United States Air Force Thunderbirds (Backstretch to Frontstretch)

2:18:00 p.m.: "Driver's, Start Your Engines" by: Owen Wilson

2:30:00 p.m.: Green Flag -- Daytona 500 (200 laps, 500 miles)

ON TRACK
-- 2 p.m.: Daytona 500 (200 laps, 500 miles), FOX (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)
-- 10:20 a.m.: Honorary Race Official Mario Andretti
-- 10:40 a.m.: USAF Thunderbirds
-- 10:55 a.m.: Daytona 500 Grand Marshal Owen Wilson
-- 11:05 a.m.: Daytona 500 National Anthem Singer Jordin Sparks and Honorary Starter LaDainian Tomlinson
-- 11:30 a.m.: Daytona 500 Pre-Race Performers Lady Antebellum
-- 6:00 p.m. (approximately): Post-Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race

I just watched it earlier today. As cheesy as it is, it's a great trip down memory lane. Fantastic soundtrack.:dirtbike:
I think it was Richard Petty that said the most realistic thing about the movie was that the cars had numbers on them lol, but I like it too. Rowdy Burns is awsome. As is the epic wheelchair race in the hospital lol

Back
Top Bottom