2017 - Daytona 500 - Pre Race Thread

I don't wish Billy any ill will but if he doesn't recover for about 10 days I'm good with that.
Uh huh. I'm looking....who has the second part of practice up here aunty?

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Like that front end on the Camry. Something different.

TIRE CODES

Tire: Goodyear Eagle Superspeedway Radials:

Set limits:
Clash: 6 sets for the event
Daytona 500: 10 sets for practice/qualifying/Duel, and 7 sets for the race
Xfinity: 4 sets for the event
Camping World Truck: 4 sets for the event

Tire Codes: Left-side -- D-4596 Right-side -- D-4600

Tire Circumference: Left-side -- 87.91 in. (2,233 mm) Right-side -- 88.39 in. (2,245 mm)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front -- 27 psi Left Rear -- 27 psi;
Right Front -- 50 psi Right Rear -- 48 psi

Notes: Teams in all three NASCAR series will run the same Goodyear tire codes at Daytona throughout Speedweeks . . . this exact combination of left- and right-side tires is unique to Daytona and has been well suited to this superspeedway application since its debut at this track in July 2013 . . . as on all NASCAR ovals greater than one mile in length, teams are required to run inner liners in all four tire positions at Daytona . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.

SOURCE: Jayski ... thanks

Toyotas only want to run with Toyotas?

Inb4 one of the Toyota drivers takes out a competing manufacturer due to no experience with their bumper.

Um Kurt, you lost your side window

Noticed that instead of having 2 practices tomorrow they are just having 1 long one.

So far mike joy called Kyle Larson "Alex Bowman" and mistook MTJ's #78 as Denny Hamlin's #11.

Cmon

Debris caution in practice... Is Nascar trying to bunch 'em up or give a lap to the lucky dog?

Every time that damn daytona day spot comes on

Hilarious.

Two things though:

- I saw a Jeff gordon cardboard stand up at my local wal mart just 2 years ago.

- That terrible fox nobody actor playing Brad K. was Mark-Paul Gosselaar. A.k.a Zack Morris from you know, probably the most popular show of the 90's lol.

Hilarious.

Two things though:

- I saw a Jeff gordon cardboard stand up at my local wal mart just 2 years ago.

- That terrible fox nobody actor playing Brad K. was Mark-Paul Gosselaar. A.k.a Zack Morris from you know, probably the most popular show of the 90's lol.
For the life of me I cannot figure out why that 10 second action movie scene made it past the editing bay.

C46pbJLUkAMZH40.jpg:large

SATURDAY, FEB. 18:
ON TRACK
-- 11:30 a.m.-3:25 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series first practice, FS1
-- 8 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Advance Auto Parts Clash at Daytona (75 laps, 187.5 miles), FS1

PRE-RACE SCHEDULE

—7:40:00 p.m.: Driver Introductions
—8:05:00 p.m.: Intro Colors by: Embry-Riddle Naval ROTC
—8:05:20 p.m.: Invocation by: Central Babptist Church in Daytona Beach, FL; Sonny Gallman
—8:06:00 p.m.: National Anthem by: Orlando, FL; Candace Walker
—8:07:30 p.m.: End of Anthem, drivers to their cars
—8:12:30 p.m.: "Drivers Start Your Engines" by: Owner of Triangle Auto of Merritt Island; Marcus Herman
—8:24:30 p.m.: Green Flag Advance Auto Parts Clash (75 Laps, 187.5 Miles)

PRESS CONFERENCE (Watch live
)
-- Approx 10 p.m.: Post-Clash interviews

Rumor on the street is that this year NASCAR will award the 500 pole to Suarez. Every year there is a chosen one for the pole.

I am REALLY REALLY stoked about seeing that yates power under the 10's hood.

Is it crazy to be excited for NASCAR? I mean with all the belly-aching around here, I feel out of place if I'm excited ;)

Back
Top Bottom