2017 Daytona - Coke Zero 400 - Pre Race Thread

I'm at work checking the radar and it definitely looks dicey. Any idea what the vibe is around the track? I'm hoping to see some racing when I get home from work. A 9 pm green flag would be ideal...lol

... I think if Danica won we would have some pretty excited fans... but I think we would hear every excuse in the book about how she lucked into it or that Daytona doesn't really count because it doesn't take any real skill to win there from the not so excited fans.:youliketh
No need, barring a freak rain delay, it ain't ever going to happen. It will always be a hypothetical.

How's the weather? I'm at work and won't be able to watch the race until late tonight, will it be delayed? Also have not watched the xfinity race yet and do not won't to spoil the results for myself by searching all over the internet for this answer....

I know. Great stuff. Don't you think? I know I do. :cool:

No, I don't think so. Part of why NASCAR can't get new fans, IMO. 16 years later and the sport is still all about Dale Earnhardt, not about drivers who are, you know, alive. The NFL doesn't revolve around Johnny Unitas and I don't see the NFL on NBC spending 20 minutes a week talking about Unitas or Lombardi.

How's the weather? I'm at work and won't be able to watch the race until late tonight, will it be delayed? Also have not watched the xfinity race yet and do not won't to spoil the results for myself by searching all over the internet for this answer....

Cool must be on everyone's ignore list

Dale Jarrett and Kyle petty... "this could be the biggest thing ever to happen"...

On dale jr winning tonight...

Wow.
I can only imagine the FOX bunch being the same, probably worse with DW

I mean I know it would be a big win for him, but I wasn't aware it could be the biggest moment in possible all sports, ever.

I'm really surprised they allowed Austin Dillon to be a passenger for that little ride along... without it being another professional driver doing it

Here's the latest radar. There are a few showers near Daytona, but nothing heavy.

Daytona Radar.gif

NASCAR should have the end of stage one act like the competition caution instead.
I've never driven or worked on a race car, so is there still a competitive reason for a caution after a heavy rain? Don't the teams learn what they need about running on a green track when they roll out for first practice? I notice that if a race is halted for rain and restarts the same day, there isn't a competition caution. Why would drying overnight make a difference?

I'm with PAS. If a competition caution is indeed necessary, let the end of the first stage serve that purpose. Reschedule the stage length if necessary. "But the teams already have strategy based on the posted stage lengths!" Yeah, and they also have strategies based on the race start time, but they adapt just fine if a race is delayed from night to day (or vice versa).

Are there any other drivers in the race?, or is it just Jr?

Better hope he doesn't go out of the race early, they won't have anything else to talk about.

And watch, he crashes out in the first couple of laps
I'm a little concerned he might lap the field... but I'm confident NASCARs tech inspectors will keep everyone on an equal playing field...

And watch, he crashes out in the first couple of laps

Watch NBC bump the race to MSNBC or wherever they're shipping these races off to at the first drop of rain if that happens. :XXROFL:

Edit: It wasn't MSNBC. I would've been able to find the XFINITY race without having to go online if it was.

I'm a little concerned he might lap the field... but I'm confident NASCARs tech inspectors will keep everyone on an equal playing field...
Right..........................because he won the pole for his last race at Daytona................:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom