2017 Daytona - Coke Zero 400 - Pre Race Thread

This can happen and has to many of us..even Cale :D

During a commercial break with 95 laps to go, pit reporter Dr. Jerry Punch radioed to the booth the following as Andretti led Ward Burton and Ken Schrader:

“Hey guys, I don’t know if you can get a shot of him, but Cale Yarborough is on top of the RCA truck in the garage and he’s so excited. He’s taking on the radio, he’s driving the race car. He’s cracking the guys up in the pit. He’s saying, ‘John, John, go help the 3, help that 4, help that 3, help that 4.’ They’re just dying. They said he’s jumping up and down on top of the truck.”

Reactions: Pat
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really enjoying watching the 2004 Daytona 500. And it's NOT
because Junior won --- it's because I get to hear Benny Parsons. Sure miss him.
It was really great to see a lot of the old guard. :)

Random selection?
Here's some qualifying info from jayski.....

Daytona Coke Zero 400 Race Information.

Coverage of Qualifying for the Coke Zero 400 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Daytona International Speedway is scheduled for Friday, June 30, 2017 at 4:15pm/et.
Television (TV): NBCSN, 4:00pm/et; Radio: Live online at Motor Racing Network (MRN)

Superspeedway Qualifying Format for Daytona/Talladega/superspeedways consists of the following:
· Two rounds of qualifying, with the top-12 posted lap speeds advancing to the second round
· Race vehicles taking one, timed lap in each round of qualifying
· Each race vehicle will be released in a predetermined timed interval as determined by NASCAR, with the sanctioning body reserving the right to have more than one vehicle engaging in qualifying runs at the same time
· Qualifying order for the first round was be determined by practice speeds, slowest to fastest; final round qualifying order is determined by slowest to fastest speeds from the first round
· A 10-minute break will occur between the first qualifying round and the final round
· Upon completion of the first qualifying round, the field will be set with positions 13 and beyond determined from first round qualifying speed
· The 12 fastest vehicles from the first round will have their speeds reset for the final round with starting positions 1-12 determined by the fastest laps in the final round
· NASCAR will impound race vehicles following each qualifying lap; vehicles advancing to the final round will be allowed to adjust tape and utilize a cool-down unit during the 10-minute break only.

Qualifying Order for the Coke Zero 400 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Daytona International Speedway is posted.
The qualifying order for the two restrictor plates races (Daytona/Talladega) is different.
The order for the 1st round is set by practice speeds (both practices combined) from Thursday, slowest to fastest.
The first driver scheduled to make an attempt is in round 1 is #33-Earnhardt (slowest overall).
The final driver scheduled to make an attempt is in round 1 is #18-Busch (fastest overall).
For the 2nd round, the remaining 12 cars line up by speed, slowest to fastest.

Giving this race right now to HMS either the 24 or 88. A new tire with more grip and stability plays right into their hands. Their cars have always had the motor to keep up with the Fords but for years now they've refused to tighten the cars up and let them build wrecking loose all race. Last year at this race they tried to counter that with a higher downforce/drag setup but they just weren't competitive with the Toyotas or Penske. That looks like it might change.

No yoders in the top twelve. I know qualifying don't mean much at a RP track but just damn. Go chevy/ford. :D

Jr winning tomorrow will be the easiest bet I've won since the election

NASCAR opened up juniors restrictor plate just a little for more horsepower! I just hope Saturday night is not rigged.

Junior and chase were so far ahead of everyone else in qualifying it's just not even fair. When you've got over .15s on the defending race winner in 3rd at a plate track everyone else is just playing for table scraps. Like, ******** guys, you didn't need to open the whoopass can so soon.

"The 2007 Daytona 500"

:mad:

martin.jpg

kybu needs to see a voodoo doctor to get that curse off him

I put a pox on him and his household after he called another driver a moron last year. I am serious as a heart attack when I say that but I also thought it would work about as well as a sieve holds water.

Back
Top Bottom