2017 IndyCar Stuff

Andretti Autosport is getting that fat check from Mclaren.

Must be nice, but I hope to see more of this in the future with the crossover. It would have been amazing for Schumi to do this, just imagine the support behind that.
I cant imagine the logistics for 6 cars/teams in the 500.

I wonder if any part of that #29 is McLaren?

4:15 p.m. EST - Alonso just finished with the press conference.
What a day. Really cool watching them debrief in the pits all day.
Crazy he hit 2 birds at once though. Looked like one for each front tire.
They just vaporized into feather clouds.

4:15 p.m. EST - Alonso just finished with the press conference.
What a day. Really cool watching them debrief in the pits all day.
Crazy he hit 2 birds at once though. Looked like one for each front tire.
They just vaporized into feather clouds.
Reminds me of when Randy Johnson killed a bird with one of his fastballs. Crazy.

So there are currently four venues that are under evaluation for addition to the schedule in 2018/2019:

- China (street circuit?)

They've had a lot of dialog with the Mitime Group where there are some Geely connections, and the group was also trying to purchase Utah Motorsports Campus recently although I haven't heard anything on it in a while. Personally, I'm not big on China unless it brings in a lot of money to the series. We don't need another street circuit at the moment and China's motorsports interest really seems to lay with sports cars right now.

- Portland

Not much to say here. This would be a home run.

- Calgary (Stampede Park)

Don't know much about the area but as I said, I'm not big on another street course right now. Calgary/Alberta and Canada in general seems like a good market to tap into though, especially with Hinchcliffe's success. I just wish it were Edmonton.

- Mexico? (Puebla?)

A race in Central America...but Mexico is in North America?
Another oval would be good, and I like going into Mexico too although it would be even better if there were a Mexican driver in the series to showcase to the fans down there. The track looks interesting; NASCAR Mexico races there. But the safety looks ****. Lots of uncertainty with the Mexican economy right now too that have affected other Mexican racing interests (both teams and tracks/events).

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/china-mexico-among-four-possible-new-indycar-races-903145/

I'm not sure any of these actually materialize but if they did I'd pray it'd be PIR.

Need to go back to Japan.

Score off of Sato-san and Honda at twin ring. I would love to see Suzuka on the calendar.

- Mexico? (Puebla?)

A race in Central America...but Mexico is in North America?
Another oval would be good, and I like going into Mexico too although it would be even better if there were a Mexican driver in the series to showcase to the fans down there. The track looks interesting; NASCAR Mexico races there. But the safety looks sh!t. Lots of uncertainty with the Mexican economy right now too that have affected other Mexican racing interests (both teams and tracks/events).
The NASCAR Mexico race...

Al Sr. my favorite driver and the Johnny Lighting special.
My all time favorite car.

Sorry to post this so late, but ESPN classic is having an Indianapolis 500 marathon and it will run right up until Friday morning. They are showing 1986 right now and are working forward.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom