2017 IndyCar Stuff

Printup says that he also has been busy tracking ticket sales for the upcoming IndyCar Series race Labor Day Weekend. This is the second straight season the IndyCar Series will be back at The Glen.

"It's been going awesome," Printup said in an appearance this past week in Buffalo involving IndyCar star Graham Rahal. Graham and I just sat in the car talking and he asked me the same question about fan response here.

"If the race was tomorrow, we'd be ready. Of course I want to sell more tickets but, like I told Graham, we have a very loyal base of fans here. We expect a banner crowd for IndyCar. I told Graham, we're not going to hit a grand slam but we'll go for a triple this year and go for the home run the year after. Hopefully in 2019 we can talk about a grand slam."

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/28/pruett-preps-for-sahlens-event-at-glen/

Coyne had to.

Seb got into that accident at Phoenix and Davidson at Indy.

He needs more money to front the bills. Don't be surprised if he stays in until Seb comes back either.
I'd like to see him do well and find something full-time next year. It'd be good to have a full-time Mexican in the series.

I'm not holding my breath on Coach Joe letting Kyle off the ranch. Between Kyle's Xfinity accident at Daytona costing the team several weeks, and watching Dixon accumulate frequent flier miles this week, Coach probably isn't buying into letting his investment run into any non-contractual damage.

Of all of the Nascar drivers I want to see run the 500, KyBu is at the bottom of my list. Dude has talent for days and would be a threat to win it, but I don't think I could handle his personality, or lack thereof, for the month of May.

I'm not holding my breath on Coach Joe letting Kyle off the ranch. Between Kyle's Xfinity accident at Daytona costing the team several weeks, and watching Dixon accumulate frequent flier miles this week, Coach probably isn't buying into letting his investment run into any non-contractual damage.
I think Gibbs and Toyota would certainly be the biggest roadblocks to getting a program together. Probably gonna need to wait until he's older, more accomplished, and not really the face of the team and manufacturer anymore.

It sounds like Esteban is willing to prioritize IndyCar over FE if he can make it work; he wants to race the ovals. Not sure how that would happen though.

Thats dope.

If Estaban wants to race here he will be fine, he didn't look bad in his debut either.

Its a very smart move to not just jump into ovals like that, Texas is not a place recommended for drivers who are brand new to it. He should wait until Iowa and just put in time on the simulator until then.

That's Old School Indy... hanging around the Speedway, hoping to pick up a ride for the 500. I like it. Go Vautier!
And it was that May [2015] when the 27-year-old Frenchman really impressed Coyne. Coming to Indianapolis without a ride, Vautier was asked to qualify Coyne's No. 19 car for James Davison, who had a previous sports car commitment. With very little practice, Vautier qualified 18th fastest in the No. 19 car, which Davison would drive in the race and start last. Vautier was preparing to head back to England for a sports car race when James Hinchcliffe was injured on the Monday after qualifying. He was being considered for the SPM seat so he jumped in a rental car and drove from Chicago – only to learn Ryan Briscoe was asked to take over Hinchcliffe's ride for the race.

But Coyne asked Vautier to sit tight because Huertas had developed an inner ear infection and not yet been cleared to drive. When he was ruled out of the race, Vautier was in the No. 18 car – and lined up right next to Davison in the last row.

Did he get out of that FE contract with Techcheetah?
I think Sarrazin is in for the rest of the year there but there's some sort of "tribunal" because the FIA or Formula E have overly complex rules regarding contract "breaches" and late entry changes and ****. :rolleyes:

Ok, I have been doing some digging into Dale Coyne to figure out how he got started, i.e. how is he financed? I can't seem to find anything about where he got his financial support from. I know he teamed up with Walter Payton and was part of the Route 66 and Chicagoland Speedway development but that seems to be after he was already an Indycar driver and team owner.

Anyway, I was just wondering if you guys could help me out. Just curious is all.

Ok, I have been doing some digging into Dale Coyne to figure out how he got started, i.e. how is he financed? I can't seem to find anything about where he got his financial support from. I know he teamed up with Walter Payton and was part of the Route 66 and Chicagoland Speedway development but that seems to be after he was already an Indycar driver and team owner.

Anyway, I was just wondering if you guys could help me out. Just curious is all.
I'm not sure for how long but he and his wife are Sonny's franchisees and some of the money generated from those operations goes towards the IndyCar program. And a lot of his history has obviously been bringing in funded drivers.

I'm not sure for how long but he and his wife are Sonny's franchisees and some of the money generated from those operations goes towards the IndyCar program. And a lot of his history has obviously been bringing in funded drivers.

He's been punching above his weight for sometime.

Coyne was the first to bring in Paul Tracy, Robbie Buhl, and Jourdain Jr. He's had some history as an owner.

Formula V8 3.5 title hopeful Binder looking at 2018 IndyCar seat
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130564
This is kinda interesting, but I don't think he has much potential. Made very little progress in 3 years in the German F3, made no progress in 3 years in GP2, then finished 7th out of 13 full-time drivers last year in Formula V8 3.5.
He currently is second out of 12 drivers in the Formula V8 3.5 standings, but most of the other drivers aren't potential F1 champions as well.

Back
Top Bottom