2017 R-F Race Ratings

ToyYoda

Team Owner
Time once again to gauge what the fine folks here at Racing-Forums think of the races by tracking the weekly ratings. The past R-F Race of the Year winners:

2016 - Spring Dover
2015 - Fall Martinsville

I'm averaging these pretty much the same as last year, but I'm not counting the following:

- ratings for the winner or the broadcast

- broken up or otherwise overly complicated ratings (i.e. a 7 for the first 50 laps, a 3 for the next 100 laps, a 9 for the last 50 laps)

- the highest and lowest rating from each week, just to counter the ones who rate every race either a 1 or a 10 regardless of how good or bad it was. I'm doing this for just one vote however, if three people rate the race a 1, two of those will count toward the average.

- ratings less than 1 are counted as a 1, ratings more than 10 are counted as a 10

So, here's the short list so far:

1. Daytona (2/26): 7.46

Time once again to gauge what the fine folks here at Racing-Forums think of the races by tracking the weekly ratings. The past R-F Race of the Year winners:

2016 - Spring Dover
2015 - Fall Martinsville

I'm averaging these pretty much the same as last year, but I'm not counting the following:

- ratings for the winner or the broadcast

- broken up or otherwise overly complicated ratings (i.e. a 7 for the first 50 laps, a 3 for the next 100 laps, a 9 for the last 50 laps)

- the highest and lowest rating from each week, just to counter the ones who rate every race either a 1 or a 10 regardless of how good or bad it was. I'm doing this for just one vote however, if three people rate the race a 1, two of those will count toward the average.

- ratings less than 1 are counted as a 1, ratings more than 10 are counted as a 10

So, here's the short list so far:

1. Daytona (2/26): 7.46

Thanks again for taking this on and administering it.

+1, thank you for doing this, ToyYoda. In last year's poll, the Daytona 500 scored 6.25 and was the 32nd highest score of the 36 races. So 2017 may be off to a good start.

Other posters- PLEASE giving off six numbers for the race rating is getting ridiculous.

It was funny until half the posters here started doing it.

Since I am now aware that the
6.55? Holy crud. I thought it was an excellent race.

Can only imagine what the repaved atlanta in the fall will be. I guess no stronger than 3.5
Lol you mean in the spring, there is no fall Atlanta date

I'm guessing the fall race from Atlanta will score way lower than that. Probably the lowest of the entire season if it even scores at all.
A6Nrv.gif

6.55? Holy crud. I thought it was an excellent race.

Can only imagine what the repaved atlanta in the fall will be. I guess no stronger than 3.5

I am glad I am not the only one as to me what I saw was a race that was about as unfiltered as a Nascar race can be these days and I like that sort of thing a lot. I would much rather see a driver check out on the field for the entire day as opposed to having bogus yellows plus multiple wave arounds and free passes that, IMO, ruin the integrity of a race and cover it with a cheap veneer.

Somehow I'm guessing that last race wasn't entirely rated on the on track product. I'm just sayin'
I didn't include ratings for the fight if they were broken out separately, but it was kind of hard to tell how much was the fight if it was baked into the race rating number.

Once again, I dropped the highest and lowest, and there was also a duplicate vote I dropped.

Atlanta was a better version of Vegas so there must be all sorts of things going into rating a race that don't have to do with the quality of the on track action. In any case it is interesting to see how another person views the same thing you do.

Personally, I thought Las Vegas was a better race with more action than Atlanta even before Kyle Busch was spun out.

That said, FOX missed some action at Atlanta, so maybe I rated it too poorly.

Back
Top Bottom