2017 Texas - O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 - Pre Race Thread

PeopleAreStrange

2016 Yahoo Fantasy R-F Champion
Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.jpg

NASCAR returns to Texas Motor Speedway in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex this weekend! :)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do for three or so hours after the race ends?

I'm hoping to attend the race, but want to avoid the post-race traffic nightmare.

Tailgate if you don't wanna wait around. How bad is the traffic in western Dallas by the track?

I don't know about race traffic but can't be that bad otherwise. every time I've been in that area it's totally wide open and it's a pretty far distance from downtown

Whoah, I totally forgot, this is now a Sunday race not a night race like last year. So now Texas has no night races. Crazy.

Whoah, I totally forgot, this is now a Sunday race not a night race like last year. So now Texas has no night races. Crazy.
Anyone know why they did this? I was so pumped all weekend for a night race this week and looked yesterday to find this out.

Anyone know why they did this? I was so pumped all weekend for a night race this week and looked yesterday to find this out.
I'm going to say deer season because Texas always uses that as an excuse

Didnt Mike Joy compare the new Texas config to Darlington?

Lmfao

Thank God....... I hate night races........ makes Sunday afternoon so boring....
Opposite for me. Now that Spring is here I like to be outside at the lake or having cookouts during the day, not inside watching a race. Having races at night lets me relax when I've had my fun for the day and am already half in the bag.

Opposite for me. Now that Spring is here I like to be outside at the lake or having cookouts during the day, not inside watching a race. Having races at night lets me relax when I've had my fun for the day and am already half in the bag.
Half in the bag is my problem...... I fall asleep before it's over.....

Atlanta is in Hampton, Charlotte is in Concord, Chicagoland is in Joliet - Why the fuss?

Atlanta is in Hampton, Charlotte is in Concord, Chicagoland is in Joliet - Why the fuss?
Something something people don't respect Fort Worth as its own city, don't get him started.

TIRE CODES

Tire: Goodyear Eagle Speedway Radials

Set limits:
Cup: 4 sets for practice, 1 set for qualifying/start of race and 11 sets for race
Xfinity: 9 sets for the event

Tire Codes:
Left-side -- D-4688 Right-side -- D-4718

Tire Circumference:
Left-side -- 87.56 in. (2,224 mm) Right-side -- 88.62 in. (2,251 mm)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front -- 25 psi Left Rear -- 25 psi
Right Front -- 56 psi Right Rear -- 52 psi

Storyline - Goodyear brings a little bit of Kentucky to Texas: The big story of the week is the repave and reconfiguration of this week's stop on the NASCAR circuit - Texas Motor Speedway. The asphalt mix the track used is said to be the same as the one on Kentucky Speedway's repave last year. Along with the new surface, Texas reduced the banking in turns one and two. With the timing of the Texas project being so tight and work being completed in early-March, there was not sufficient time for Goodyear to conduct a tire test at the facility and then build the quantities needed for the race weekend in early-April. Given the commonality of the asphalt mix, along with the results of the Kentucky race last July, the decision was made to bring a tire set-up with the same tread compounds as raced at Kentucky.

Notes: Teams in both the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup and Xfinity Series will run the same tire set-up at Texas this weekend . . . this is the same left-side tire code (D-4688) teams in all three national NASCAR series ran at Kentucky in 2016 . . this is a brand new right-side tire code (D-4718), which features the same tread compound as the right-side Cup teams ran at Kentucky last July, with a minor construction change . . . as on all NASCAR ovals greater than one mile in length, teams are required to run liners in all four tire positions at Texas . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.

Jayski ... thanks

16 sets for Cup cars at Texas will cost teams approx. $28,160 ...

Mull that over for a minute.

I love my DVR!!! :booya: I do a lot of different things on Saturdays and Sundays and sitting inside in the afternoon ain't one of them. :D

For Friday Night races we watch at around 6am on Saturday Morning. For Saturday races, we watch on Sunday morning around 6 am.
For the Sunday Race we watch after Supper. PLUS NO COMMERCIALS!!! :punkrocke

All Good! :D

Thank you for reminding me why I do this every race:

People like you wrongly see Fort Worth as a suburb or satellite town like Concord, Hampton, & Joliet.

In reality, Fort Worth is a metro anchor like Charlotte, Atlanta, and Chicago (except on a much smaller scale than the latter).

Back
Top Bottom