2017 Texas - O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 - Pre Race Thread

Thank you for reminding me why I do this every race:

People like you wrongly see Fort Worth as a suburb or satellite town like Concord, Hampton, & Joliet.

In reality, Fort Worth is a metro anchor like Charlotte, Atlanta, and Chicago (except on a much smaller scale than the latter).

I've actually never held an opinion of Fort Worth :confused:

My point was, people don't fuss that it isn't named Concord Motor Speedway, Hampton Motor Speedway, etc. even though that's where the tracks are located. Which I know isn't your point, but it's the same premise. Time to let it go.

Sounds like Matt Kenseth isn't sponsored for this race...

Sounds like Matt Kenseth isn't sponsored for this race...
I wonder if this is something to actually be concerned about or if it's just because Toyota has the new Plano headquarters just up the road.

I had season tics for the first 10 years. After the 1st year, I learned that the best way to get out of the track was to NOT try to go East or West on 114, or South on I-35. Head North on I-35 to Denton, then turn South to Dallas.

Reactions: Pat
I had season tics for the first 10 years. After the 1st year, I learned that the best way to get out of the track was to NOT try to go East or West on 114, or South on I-35. Head North on I-35 to Denton, then turn South to Dallas.

The past couple of Texas races my dad and I attended, we would be stuck in standstill traffic for almost an hour before even leaving TMS property.

50 MPH traffic on I-35 southbound was wonderful compared to trying to leave track property.

Fort Worth is not it's own metropolitan hub, it's a burb of Dallas. Deal with it
And as us Eagles fans like to chant Dallas sucks

Pennsylvania’s green team……….

Ain’t thinkin’ I’d be sayin’ anyone sucks…….

I wonder if this is something to actually be concerned about or if it's just because Toyota has the new Plano headquarters just up the road.

Yeah, something to be concerned about--kind of.... Toyota doesn't want to sponsor teams, but this is testimony to the relationships they have with their partners.

I love my DVR!!! :booya: I do a lot of different things on Saturdays and Sundays and sitting inside in the afternoon ain't one of them. :D

For Friday Night races we watch at around 6am on Saturday Morning. For Saturday races, we watch on Sunday morning around 6 am.
For the Sunday Race we watch after Supper. PLUS NO COMMERCIALS!!! :punkrocke

All Good! :D
Wow, I would need a lot of beer if I started drinking that early on Saturday and Sunday.

Pffft what? They have the ultimate sponsorship as being a manufacturer in the series.

Besides, Toyota sponsores Trucks.

Pretty sure based on your history of posts that you understand what I am talking about...but, just in case.....The more the manufacturer pours into their teams, the more the price of admission goes up. Mr. Roush was worried about this. The more the price of admission goes up, the closer to the CART days you get, and....BOOM! Your series is dead because the very manufacturers who drove the price up go looking for a better way to spend their advertising dollar. The Toyota branding you see is out of necessity. They would prefer to have sponsors cover the cost to play. The weather is still good up here BTW.

New track. Gonna be fun. Can't wait.

tumblr_m934hfztvH1r1ang0o1_400.gif

Jones whacked the right side of the #77 on the Turn 4 wall late in the session, then Elliott tore the #24 completely up coming off Turn 2. Both on mock Q runs, both to backups. Participation in Q is being debated.

Back
Top Bottom