2018-19 Fall/Winter Weather Thread

A beautiful time of the year here
58d74047893e72a4f38806e891521f3e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

43 here this morning. Sunny and projected to rise to mid-60's. I can deal with it for a day or two and better now as wind has dropped considerably to about 5 mph. The last four or five days we had wind gusts up to 30 mph and 7 inches of rain during the morning. The storm has cleared and continued north taking all the ill-effects with it. Maybe now things will settle down and we can get back to temps in the 70's and sunny days sans high winds.

Sunny and 55 degrees this morning at the Stephen Foster State Park Fl. Campground on the Suwanee River. :D

Aw chit, white stuff falling from the sky...

55 degrees, steady 25 mph winds.
I’m not going to work on the truck in this wind. You almost need goggles to be outside with all the crap blowing around. :mad:

The weather here has been ****** bipolar. Yesterday's high was 38°, tonight's overnight low will be 64°.

And three more days of rain coming to add to the 100"+ rain totals we've had on the year.

Rain yesterday, today, tomorrow etc etc
No, I don't normally have a lake in the front yard

Lake-002.JPG

Just pulled in at home from pulling the beast all day through a hellacious storm. Damn I'm beat but happy. :D
Yeah, that was the line that came through here Wednesday night. Fortunately, didn't get the predicted 50mph winds.
Did get 2.5 inches of heavy rain, mixed with small hail.

Yeah, that was the line that came through here Wednesday night. Fortunately, didn't get the predicted 50mph winds.
Did get 2.5 inches of heavy rain, mixed with small hail.
It's supposed to rain here for the next week. Dammit.

We got close to 2 inches of rain yesterday, monsoon like at times. The accompanying wind was hellacious.

Going to hit the 50's late today with high winds coming. That temp is crazy for this time of the year but it sure beats shoveling snow. The generator's oil and gas levels have been checked and it's at the ready for what will probably be another power outage. I swear my electric companies power lines are made out of paper mache.

It's still raining here and not supposed to stop until Saturday. Highs in the 70s lows in the 60s.

Going to be "iffy" around here Wednesday and Thursday --- depends on the timing of the freezing temps and the rain. Sure
hope they don't come together.

Stay safe, dpk.

Might be a bit chilly for the fireworks, supposed to go down to -19F tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was miserable in more ways than one.
First: rain, rain, and more rain --- ALL DAY. Nothing heavy or severe, just kept on raining. Slowly coming to an end --- 1.5 in the rain gauge.
Second: cold --- never above 38* --- with all the moisture, feels much colder.
Third: walked out to go the gym, and had a FLAT tire! Damn. Got out the compressor and aired it up enough to
get around to the local garage. Had a nail.
Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.
Big pot of chili on the stove to help me drown my sorrows. LOL

news says we got almost 17 inches of rain over the yearly average in 2018. The ground is saturated and we've had some very windy days recently with gusts over 50 mph. Trees are stressed from last years gypsy moths so many are just saying screw it and falling over.
Nothing beats chili or beef stew on rainy, raw days in my book.

TRL, soon after my hip replacement I got a flat, first one in many, many years. I then got AAA and have never called them, just like insurance, have it hoping you never need it.

For the next few days here, highs around 70, lows around 50. No rain in the forecast.

This has been a weird winter so far this season. Outside of a few dustings of snow and a single snow/ice storm that knocked out power out for days, we've really seen nothing. I'm okay with it.

Same here, cold one day and the next it's in the 50's. The weather guesser says so far this winter has been above the normal temps, just a couple of light snow storms with little accumulations.

Back
Top Bottom