2018-19 Fall/Winter Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Johali, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

As ridiculous as it seems as hot as it is, fall is upon us. I guess our friends to the far north may notice a change.

2. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

I know how you feel. We may get Fall for a few minutes around the first of November.

Johali likes this.
  3. Johali

On average I have to start wearing a long sleeved shirt or light windbreaker at night around Halloween.

4. Whizzer

Whizzer Retired entrepreneur

While the rest of the country is on hurricane watch, we, here in Englewood, Florida, are smelling the stench of red tide. This is an absolute first for us and many who have lived in the area a long or life time. We are located, as the crow flies, about one mile from the gulf coast. This is the second day in three days we have smelled the red tide and it is bad, bad, bad. It chokes some with nasal and throat irritation, makes your eyes water and those with breathing problems such as asthma, COPD, emphysema, or whatever else, it is really bad. It is permeating the air quality inside homes it is so pungent.
    But, better days are coming. We are not being flooded out, we still have out health and home and are, despite a slight air quality issue, in much better shape than our neighbors to the north.
    See, there is always a bright side!!!

5. Johnny G

Johnny G Team Owner

Thank God Fall is here. I hate the summer. Not a fan of warm weather.

holliswood and Mopardh9 like this.
  6. donthaveanickname

donthaveanickname Team Owner

I guess fall is here.
    Around 10 degrees all day, lots of rain and heavy winds.

7. Pat

Pat Team Owner

Mean while, in my neighborhood..
    FallMissing.jpg

Johali likes this.
  8. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Please send that warm weather down here Pat. I'm ready for it. :)

Johali and Pat like this.
  9. Pat

Pat Team Owner

You can have it!...I'm tired of summer already.

Clutch likes this.
  10. TexasRaceLady

Yeah --- close to 100* today on the front porch.

Pat likes this.
  11. Pat

Pat Team Owner

That's bad :eek: We are stuck in the mid 90s with high humidity. Right now I have a thunderstorm. Love the cooler temps it brings.

12. Johali

It's been raining here for the past few day's and the cooler temps are welcome. Highs in the mid to high 80s, lows in the mid 70s.

13. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Spring fishing today. Wasn't expecting much but did ok
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

holliswood, Johali, Pat and 2 others like this.
  14. Johali

Damn nice catch bud. Happy eating.

Clutch likes this.
  15. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

The switch got thrown here almost a week ago. Temps have been in the 60's the past 4-5 days and will continue in the 60's and cloudy, rainy for all but one day through the next 10 days, then only 72

16. holliswood

holliswood Spectator

We’ve had upper 70’s here in northwest NC the past couple of days. Mid 80’s later in the week. At this point of the year, I pray for dew points lower than 60.

17. Johali

Welcome to the board. Relax, pop a top and enjoy yourself.

holliswood likes this.
  18. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

Woke up to 45° this morning...I'm starting to miss the heat and humidity..

19. Brentford

Brentford Team Owner

The local weather station claims a HUGE storm system will be present towards the end of next weekend. No idea what exactly they mean by HUGE. Meanwhile, it's looking hot for the next few days. Its suppose to be Fall.

20. TexasRaceLady

Fall? What is that. Still pushing 90s here.
    In fact, 9 PM and it's still 80*

21. Johali

High 80s and low 70s here. It looks like we may get a break from the rain for a week or so.

22. Whizzer

DAMN!! Stokes County!! That's practically the end of the earth!!! ;) Beautiful country though.
    Welcome aboard, Matey.

holliswood likes this.
  23. Whizzer

Looks like a decent catch and nice fresh meal.

On another front, finally getting some relief from the red tide that has been plaguing us for the last year. Yes, a year ago is when it hit our beaches with a fury. Luckily the side affects didn't drift too far inland but we did have our days. Hopefully it will subside and give businesses a good season as they sure were hit hard this summer when the red tide was at its peak. Banks are now giving zero interest loans and locations owned by the city or country and leasing them to restaurants are giving reductions in the lease payments to ease the pressure some of them are facing.

Other than that, we are living in paradise. Just finished 10 mile bike ride w/temperature at 82 degrees. Gets much colder I'll have to put on long pants. :rolleyes:

Clutch likes this.
  24. DWDawg

DWDawg Team Owner

High of 37 here today with rain possibly turning to snow this afternoon. Yuk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Ok went out again today as I'm working tomoro......had a ball
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

26. Whizzer

As one baseball player said to the other, "great catch.":D

27. Johali

:cheers:

28. Zerkfitting

Zerkfitting Team Owner

It got cold early this fall. I saw snow flurries a couple weeks ago on a fall fishing trip. The colors are muted this year going quickly to brown, not the vibrant colors of an Indian Summer. The trees are mixed with green, yellow, and brown - few reds and oranges. I've got my fireplace cord, the newspaper subscription cost more than the oak firewood. I put the snow tires on today (which means the average temp is below 45 degrees). We had the first hard frost last night (below 32).

firewood.jpg

29. Johali

Damn I love Florida. :D

TexasRaceLady likes this.
  30. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

Woke up to 42 degrees this morning.

31. TexasRaceLady

I just got up --- 75* on the front porch. Weather guessers say 40s by Tuesday morning.

32. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

Weather guessers said there would be a chance of a stray shower today. Instead we got slow steady rain all last night. I had the window open, it was awesome.

Johali likes this.
  33. Whizzer

Funny, that's what my Bride said this morning.
    We woke to a temp of 34 degrees this morning. Now she is thinking maybe it wasn't such a good idea to travel north in mid-October. ;)

Johali likes this.
  34. Johali

:D

35. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

Tell her October is far better than November, December, January, February and well into March.:)

36. donthaveanickname

donthaveanickname Team Owner

I have not seen any clouds for the last 2 weeks:).
    Between 20 (68) and 28 (82) degrees and sunshine all day, around ten (50) degrees at night.

Clutch likes this.
  37. TexasRaceLady

94* on the front porch today. Weather guessers say mid 40s by tomorrow morning. Damn.

38. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

Down to 65 tonight. I like the cool nights.

39. TexasRaceLady

I like cool nights, too. Just don't like being bounced around by thunderstorms at night.

BobbyFord likes this.
  40. Brentford

Brentford Team Owner

Flakes are currently flying. Though only trace amounts expected, it's still odd seeing snow this early