2018 Atlanta - Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 - Pre Race Thread

I am 55 miles away from the track in a Hotel, my guess is this race will run on Tuesday looking at the forecast and current radar. It will be hard to get the track back with the surface condition and cloudy cool weather. JMHO. :(
Man you're like Speedy Gonzales. You were down here yesterday and in Atlanta today. It's only a five hour drive but damn. :D

Man you're like Speedy Gonzales. You were down here yesterday and in Atlanta today. It's only a five hour drive but damn. :D

Ondilay ondilay, areeba areeba! Yeah, I finished up at 3:45 Bamy time and took off from Point Clear. I have a business meeting monday in LaGrange, Ga, sooo, that is 55 miles from the track and did not want to miss a chance to see this race, yeah I knew about the weather, but, I really wanted to see the new bodies run on a real competitive race track. Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks. (it may happen yet) :D

Why did they move the race up when they needed to move it back... I dont think we are racing today.
I suspect FOX had a say in that. Their TV broadcast window opens at 1:00 with the pre-race, something they can move up and move to FS1. If they can show any racing, they'll hope you'll stick around during the delay.

Atlanta Motor Speedway‏Verified account @amsupdates · 10m10 minutes ago

We will have a competition caution on lap 30 in today's race.

Ondilay ondilay, areeba areeba! Yeah, I finished up at 3:45 Bamy time and took off from Point Clear. I have a business meeting monday in LaGrange, Ga, sooo, that is 55 miles from the track and did not want to miss a chance to see this race, yeah I knew about the weather, but, I really wanted to see the new bodies run on a real competitive race track. Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks. (it may happen yet) :D
The Grand Hotel is one helluva nice place. It was very exclusive and private with a long waiting list until the family sold it to Marriott. We went there every few month's just to get away but haven't been back since the buyout.

Reactions: sdj
The Grand Hotel is one helluva nice place. It was very exclusive and private with a long waiting list until the family sold it to Marriott. We went there every few month's just to get away but haven't been back since the buyout.

The hotel is in full blown remodel at this time, but, the service and amenities are and were first class. I stayed in one of the remodeled section (3) and they did a fantastic job on the rooms. The old original hard pine wood building, where check in normally is, is really something. Great place for families and just to unwind.

I think anyone can look at the radar and see what's going on. Those light showers appear to be falling apart, but the storms in Louisiana don't appear to be falling apart anytime soon, and that's what will likely hit the track around 9pm. If we get this thing started at all, unfortunately they'll be racing towards halfway.

Nothing I dread more than a night race at a Brob but, if this thing gets rained out today, they should run it tomorrow night.

Air Titan will allow them to get the first two stages in tonight though, watch.

I think anyone can look at the radar and see what's going on. Those light showers appear to be falling apart, but the storms in Louisiana don't appear to be falling apart anytime soon, and that's what will likely hit the track around 9pm. If we get this thing started at all, unfortunately they'll be racing towards halfway.
Works for me, it will be hammer down the whole time.

It looks like NASCAR and Fox are all set to play the game of "hold the audience", by continually saying "we hope to be racing soon". Can almost start to make guesses on how long they wait until calling it for the day. I say it'll be a few minutes before 3 p.m. Eastern.

It looks like NASCAR and Fox are all set to play the game of "hold the audience", by continually saying "we hope to be racing soon". Can almost start to make guesses on how long they wait until calling it for the day. I say it'll be a few minutes before 3 p.m. Eastern.

The track could be covered with three feet of snow and they'd still attempt to play the game of "hold the audience."

They just finished a good discussion about Dillion and Almirola and what went down

I am at work, rain delay is a good thing.

Their radar looks a heck of a lot less wet than the ones I found by googling.

Back
Top Bottom