2018 Bristol -- Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race - Pre-Race Thread

Allen: GREEN FLAG IN THE AIR!! CoMiNG Up ThRu Da GeArS!!

*Cars exit turn 2 onto the backstretch*

Allen: KYLE BUSCH TAKES THEM 3 WIDE!!

Burton: KYLE CAN RACE THAT WAY CAUSE HE HAS 6 WINS! HE CAN BE AGGRESSIVE AND TAKE CHANCE GOING FOR THE WIN! HE’S NOT WORRIED ABOUT STAGE POINTS THATS WHAT THIS STAGE RACING HAS DONE! EVERY POSITION MATTERS AND WINNING MATTERS MORE THAN EVER!

*Cars come around to complete lap 3*
PrAwBLemS onE CaR G03S aRouNd

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Weather forecast not looking great for this weekend. Will this be the 4th out of the last 5 races to have a rain out? There never was a rain out at Bristol until a few years ago. Now, they're a regular happening. Maybe they need to move their dates around some.

Weather forecast not looking great for this weekend. Will this be the 4th out of the last 5 races to have a rain out? There never was a rain out at Bristol until a few years ago. Now, they're a regular happening. Maybe they need to move their dates around some.
Better than snow :mad:

Trucks on the track. Don't forget the race tonight.

Thursday, August 16

9:00 AM, NCWTS Bristol practice, FS1
11:00 AM, NCWTS Bristol final practice, FS1
4:00 PM, NCWTS Bristol qualifying, FS1
8:00 PM, NASCAR RaceDay, NCWTS, FOX
8:30 PM, NCWTS Bristol race, FOX

I'm ready for the truck race! Can't watch the race tomorrow as the USAC Non-winged sprints are coming to town and I have never seen them race due to the fact that they hardly ever come to Wichita. Then Saturday, I will be working so I will miss that one as well.

I'm ready for the truck race! Can't watch the race tomorrow as the USAC Non-winged sprints are coming to town and I have never seen them race due to the fact that they hardly ever come to Wichita. Then Saturday, I will be working so I will miss that one as well.

I’ll tell you what those guys put on a nice show at Eldora

There's a good chance Mother Nature will arrange things so you'll be able to see at least parts of one, or even all of both.

Why are there no cars on the track? lol

Just caught a piece of it a few minutes ago... apparently not enough tires for all the practice time, no point in wasting them on a green track. We have a stalemate lmao.

Just caught a piece of it a few minutes ago... apparently not enough tires for all the practice time, no point in wasting them on a green track. We have a stalemate lmao.
*facepalm* between this and the qualifying games, this stuff makes for great tv :rolleyes:

Side note - I'd like to see Marty Snider get a shot at the play by play with Dale and the guys. I think he could do it.

First Practice results

upload_2018-8-17_11-8-28.png

First Practice results

View attachment 35808
Based on the first practice results...will go out on a limb. The sedentary performance of certain teams, during the majority of the season so far, appears to be predicated on a combination of aerodynamics related to chassis dynamics, instead of inferior chassis alone.

Just my opinion of course...but I am usually correct.

Anyone know what the 10 lap times looked like for final practice? Jayski is a complete freakin' dumpster fire these days. You click on links and it redirects you to an entirely different page. Useless.

Anyone know what the 10 lap times looked like for final practice? Jayski is a complete freakin' dumpster fire these days. You click on links and it redirects you to an entirely different page. Useless.
Jayski doesn't have the final results up yet. You'll notice the results for 1st practice open in a .PDF with 10-lap averages at the bottom. Give it some time.

With that noted, I'm otherwise in agreement with your dumpster fire assessment.

I use mrn.com. They are quick about getting times up and very easy to navigate and read.

NASCAR and track officials have moved up the start time for Saturday’s Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway to 6:30 p.m. ET (NBCSN/NBC Sports App, PRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio) because of the potential for inclement weather.

Race officials also moved up the start time for Friday night’s Food City 300 for the NASCAR Xfinity Series (NBCSN/NBC Sports App, PRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio) by 15 minutes. That event’s start time is now set for 7:15 p.m. ET.

https://www.mrn.com/2018/08/17/bristol-start-time-moved/

Back
Top Bottom