2018 Bristol -- Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race - Pre-Race Thread

LOL @Larson talking about practice when Busch texted him why he didn't go to the top early as usual............"I decided to let the pavement guys nut up and get to the top first to dust it off".

Qualifying order at Bristol. The other Kyle on the top of the board. The rookie Byron in the top 5

upload_2018-8-17_17-40-10.png

LOL @Larson talking about practice when Busch texted him why he didn't go to the top early as usual............"I decided to let the pavement guys nut up and get to the top first to dust it off".

Maybe Larson should nut up and beat the pavement guys for a change. Dude hasn’t won a Cup race in a year and is always running his mouth.

With how fragile these cars are and how much they rely on downforce, the drivers pussyfoot around each other. Makes a high line one groove bristol kinda boring. If if they use the bumper they cant pass, the wall is there to save them.

Bottom lane bristol was the best IMO.

Bottom lane Bristol was the best. There's plenty of other great short trac.....oh wait it's NASCAR we're talking about.

Reactions: Pat
Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass 1h1 hour ago
Raining here at Bristol
-I don’t know if it will be raining from 6-9pm, which will determine if race. Hard to tell in mountains how cells move or stall.
-Green flag 6:46. NBCSN PRN
-race official Lap 250 (stages 125-125-250)
-will check on PJ1, comp caution
-if ppd, noon Sun CNBC

I'm a huge advocate for shorter races. No bias or anything...

Meh. Dover probably could be 300-350 lap races, Texas should be 400 mile races. Maybe one of the Talladega races being 400 miles. Martinsville and Bristol are perfect at 500 laps if you ask me.

Meh. Dover probably could be 300-350 lap races, Texas should be 400 mile races. Maybe one of the Talladega races being 400 miles. Martinsville and Bristol are perfect at 500 laps if you ask me.
The truck and xfinity races are usually a much better show than the cup guys each weekend, IMO that is based on drivers having to race harder for longer because the race is shorter.

Cup races should be as close to a 3 hour event as possible IMO.

The truck and xfinity races are usually a much better show than the cup guys each weekend, IMO that is based on drivers having to race harder for longer because the race is shorter.

Cup races should be as close to a 3 hour event as possible IMO.
Perhaps another points-paying caution could be added. All fans can throw up the four fingers sign as we head into the 4th quarter and the drivers would race harder than ever.

Bristol is usually one of the shorter races of the year....almost always less than 3 hours...:confused:

I know many disagree with me, but six short track races is about at my limit of what I can appreciate for Cup racing. At six races, they are a welcome divertissement in the schedule, a throwback to the Early Nascar Era. If there were more, I'd find them tiresome and a dilution of the series. When they have just one viable groove, my appreciation becomes even shorter. I applaud the efforts to produce two grooves... hope that works tonight.

I realize many people crave the beating and banging and wrecking of short track racing. To me, it seems a bit like shooting fish in a barrel, especially when there is only a single groove.

As someone who has attended many Dover races...350 laps would be fine.

What time does the green flag drop tonight? I'm mixed up as to when they moved it up an hour..

Back
Top Bottom