2018 Charlotte -- Bank Of America Roval 400 - Pre-Race Thread

I heard that this might be the only year they do the ROVAL. This came from a reliable source from earlier when I drove by the track

I heard that this might be the only year they do the ROVAL. This came from a reliable source from earlier when I drove by the track

gotta be careful who you get your information from . . .

the end is near.jpg

I'd be shocked, barring an absolutely terrible race, if they go one and done. With it being so new to the sport and so many unknowns, you'd think they'd allow a 2 or 3 year window to tinker with it.

With Detroit vs Dallas on Fox in my market, it looks like I will be switching back and forth. The race gets priority due to its unknown nature. Hopefully this ain't the last year for the roval and hopefully they look at doing it at other tracks with an infield road course.

You are going to have a diificult time convincing me I do not have the best seat in the whole damn place. Sorry, don’t know how to post photos.

Well, maybe the kid in the handicapped section directly below me. Nice to see great handicapped seating.

Yesterdays race was not the sh!tshow I thought it would be. So good chance todays will.

Will the cuppers put on a good race or will desperation set in and turn the race into a crash fest??

Not nearly as bad as I feared, but sure had the potential to be. It's not what I want to see, but I say it's a pretty good guess that like so many other things, I've already lost the argument, just like plate racing.

Not nearly as bad as I feared, but sure had the potential to be. It's not what I want to see, but I say it's a pretty good guess that like so many other things, I've already lost the argument, just like plate racing.

Plate racing is an abomination. Roval-ing is far from perfect as a conceit, but it was much racier than I thought it would be. I'd call it a fun and legitimate diversion as long as it stays a rarity, and we don't end up with six or eight of them somehow.

How many of the driver's woke-up made at Stenhouse, and the Dinger this morning?

I didn't see much passing. What I did see was a lot of uncontested moving over to let cars go by. If that's what you like, you loved this race.

Another case of what's shown on TV not matching what we saw at the track.
depended on who was watching the race on TV. ;) must have missed Kez and Truex side by side around the whole infield..I guess they needed flashing lights on their roofs :D:rolleyes: some of them were points racing, many saving fuel. That was until they didn't have to and then it was on.

Back
Top Bottom