2018 Charlotte -- Bank Of America Roval 400 - Pre-Race Thread

Bubba is going to make the highlight reels for a long while it looks like, they have it filmed from at least two different angles.

Jones on the other hand manages to tear up both sides

I would love to see that Homestead Roval in action though I played it the hell out of that in Thunder 04. Did IMSA run there?

Grand Am did and it was pretty universally hated by the drivers and the fans. No tears were shed when it came off the schedule.

The restart zone not being an actual part of the road course is kinda dumb if you ask me.

So I have to say I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s race. I’ll own it when I said earlier this year “I hope this fails, another gimmick.” Tomorrow is going to be fun it looks like. I just hope we don’t see every track try this, if NASCAR wants to do more road racing there are a great many facilities to expand to in the US. But I’ll be watching tomorrow from flag to flag

I predicted a disaster, and so far I haven't seen anything to make me change my mind. Guys can't get around this place in single file, how are they going to race it?

This is hilarious! You need to follow the link to see all of them

Burton wondering about Harvick's speed, smh. all he has to do it start the race and he advances to the next round.

I’m excited for it, but based on practice today I think it will be a single file conga line. Nobody wants to risk a wreck, and there’s no real passing zones. Watched Byron hound Hamlin for several laps and couldn’t pass until Denny pulled over and let him go. KyBu will let it hang out and win since he has the pass into round 2.

There's a few guys that have consistently been at the top of every session. Some have definitely got it more figured out than others.

It looks like they moved the wall a little bit.
The drivers asked for the wall there but I’m not sure why. Just make a time penalty for cutting the corner. Plus they still take the risk of ripping the front end with the turtles.

Reactions: Pat
There's a few guys that have consistently been at the top of every session. Some have definitely got it more figured out than others.
yep cream will come to the top. Boyer is surprisingly fast, Hemric is doing really well, and Johnson, are some of the ones who usually aren't at the front, besides the usual suspects

If the 18 doesn’t win, I think safe money would be on a Hendrick car. They unloaded quick, and have been consistent through all 3 practices.

If you didn't wreck or damage your car in the last 2 days, you did damn good.
It really isn't as bad as the hype IMO. Some of the tracks go to back up car damage a couple of three cars in practice, and now they have moved that wall back. The race could be different though

What we are gonna do fellas is we gonna tape it down and...
DoSeu8bW0AIGTVN.jpg:large

Gonna be a great day at the Track!!!!! :punkrocke :bounce: :partytime :salute:

Check list:
1. Tickets in hand - check
2. New batteries in Scanner and splitter - Check
3. Blowup air cushions for our butts - check
4. Wife beater t-shirt - HELL NO!
5. Cheese crackers - check
6. Keep wife happy (work in progress) - check
7. Silver parking pass for windshield - check

Let's see: ticket, scanner, fresh batteries, seat cushion. Drop the cheese crackers and add 14" cooler with Pepsi, sandwiches, and an apple (throw the core at Bonehead of the Race (TBD)). Keeping the Darling Bride happy by not insisting she go with me.

Let's see: ticket, scanner, fresh batteries, seat cushion. Drop the cheese crackers and add 14" cooler with Pepsi, sandwiches, and an apple (throw the core at Bonehead of the Race (TBD)). Keeping the Darling Bride happy by not insisting she go with me.
If mean if you just throw the apple I'm sure you'll get some votes for bonehead :D

Back
Top Bottom