2018 Charlotte - Coca-Cola 600 - Pre-Race Thread

Top 12 Qualifiers for the 600
upload_2018-5-24_19-8-3.png

the rest
https://www.nascar.com/results/race...-cup-series/coca-cola-600/stn/livequalifying/

Kevin Harvick’s car fails inspection, will start at rear of Coca-Cola 600

img_6747-e1527209405165.jpg

“Basically, the template side of it wasn’t getting used and straight edges weren’t getting used and we were purely going off the (Optical Scanning Station). That was fine until it somewhat starts to get out of hand. They changed some things around last week and some personnel around and some positions around and started checking things differently.

“The whole garage had trouble last week, but we all got through it. I’ll be honest with you, we worked on this thing for 12 hours Monday (at the shop) trying to get all of it how they wanted it. We felt good about it when we unloaded it. We went through it and … everything was good. “We went back through for qualifying and it was red. We sanded on it and it was more red, and we sanded on it again and it was more red. That part I don’t understand. That part is disappointing. It’s not their fault.
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/0...spection-will-start-at-rear-of-coca-cola-600/

“Basically, the template side of it wasn’t getting used and straight edges weren’t getting used and we were purely going off the (Optical Scanning Station). That was fine until it somewhat starts to get out of hand. They changed some things around last week and some personnel around and some positions around and started checking things differently.

“The whole garage had trouble last week, but we all got through it. I’ll be honest with you, we worked on this thing for 12 hours Monday (at the shop) trying to get all of it how they wanted it. We felt good about it when we unloaded it. We went through it and … everything was good. “We went back through for qualifying and it was red. We sanded on it and it was more red, and we sanded on it again and it was more red. That part I don’t understand. That part is disappointing. It’s not their fault.
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/0...spection-will-start-at-rear-of-coca-cola-600/
:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

And if he some how rallies to the front and wins...

Back to the drawing board for the inspectors.

My apologies. By 'safe opportunity', I meant safety for the grandstands.
1 accident #3 since the safety measures put in place. and that was with an 800 HP engine.
I can only remember 3 incidents in 30 yrs where the fans were in danger. More fans and drivers were killed going to the rack and back home.

not a huge fan of Charlotte. 2016 Truex in his yoter led almost every lap 392 a real snore fest. 2017, Truex 233 and KDB 63 led almost 300 laps and Austin Dillion beat them with an economy run. Ol Kyle Damn was madder then a wet cat. They are using a much softer tire this year and I think this is the first year for the stick um compound. It might mix things up a bit. Harvick will put on a show for awhile trying to get to the front.

LOL @ Nascar, trying there hardest to keep the 4 back. I predict a convenient speeding penalty for the 4 at about the 3/4 mark after they find the front.

The 4 team likely did something that's going to help them keep up with the changing track. He'll win. Childers is a genius.
This. They have taken Truex’s dominance from last year and ratcheted it up to a whole other level. Between the SHR and Toyota’s being fast and the utter dumpster fire that is HMS right now it’s been very hard to watch for me. I’m losing interest rapidly when there’s no hope at all. This is like watching the Schumacher/Ferrari years in F1 where he had 80% of the races won before the grid even lined up.

At least they could milk a sappy story line when MTJ was doing it. Harvick is just a bully a$$hole kicking everyone’s butts and taking their lunch money.

This. They have taken Truex’s dominance from last year and ratcheted it up to a whole other level. Between the SHR and Toyota’s being fast and the utter dumpster fire that is HMS right now it’s been very hard to watch for me. I’m losing interest rapidly when there’s no hope at all. This is like watching the Schumacher/Ferrari years in F1 where he had 80% of the races won before the grid even lined up.

At least they could milk a sappy story line when MTJ was doing it. Harvick is just a bully a$$hole kicking everyone’s butts and taking their lunch money.
Yeah it's been harder for me to watch than Gordon's final year. At least that one got good around the Bristol night race. We'll see when this one ends. HMS ponying up the cash to purchase their own hawk-eye station says a lot.

It's 600 miles buddy will not take long before he's passing them Toyota's.
No, I'm laughing at Rodney's astonishment over failing inspection. OSS was supposed to be Ford's friend. It's the inspectors, it's the OSS, it's the..... The rear window wasn't a performance advantage for the 4, but it was for the 42, right? Blah, blah, blah....
FWIW....This inspection stuff is stupid. I hate it. This is what you get.
HMS ponying up the cash to purchase their own hawk-eye station says a lot.
Sure am glad the OSS is saving teams money....because that is what we are doing now, right? The RTA was into this mess?
Childers is a genius.
I agree, but not everybody will feel that way. Chad is a genius too, and we all know how some feel about him....

Great post. And Harvick is enjoying kicking their ass with that ol Happy Swagger/smile

Three Toyotas in the Top 5, best driver in NASCAR on pole. Is the tide turning? Historically, this is a TRD update race. I hear Jaws music. To the wind tunnel!!!!!!!

Yeah it's been harder for me to watch than Gordon's final year. At least that one got good around the Bristol night race. We'll see when this one ends. HMS ponying up the cash to purchase their own hawk-eye station says a lot.
If we can be honest, I feel like HMS has been off since And including Jeff’s last year. Sure JJ won the Cup in 16 but for me personally, I feel like the top team to watch every week has been a JGR or MTJ Toyota. Until this year thus far Harvick has been 98 Gordon like.

Back
Top Bottom