2018 Charlotte - Coca-Cola 600 - Pre-Race Thread

Personally I don't think Nascar should publish where the "timing lines" are...it almost tempts teams to try and manipulate things to gain a 10th of a second here and there.

They should just tell the drivers in the pre-race drivers' meeting something like "we will be monitoring your pit road speeds so don't try to cheat"...and then just leave it up to the honesty of the drivers to stay within the rules :D
they have added so many now it's a moot point, used to be an advantage. If you notice, they have one past the leading pit stall so they can't speed when they drop the jack. Now Hamlin? that's a different story, I believe they could have one and he would still get caught

Personally I don't think Nascar should publish where the "timing lines" are...it almost tempts teams to try and manipulate things to gain a 10th of a second here and there.

They should just tell the drivers in the pre-race drivers' meeting something like "we will be monitoring your pit road speeds so don't try to cheat"...and then just leave it up to the honesty of the drivers to stay within the rules :D
I thought manipulating, planning, scheming and figgerin’ out how to gain tenths is what going racing is all about. Why dumb it down?

The honesty part is really good. :D

The black helicopter people will never consent to that.

Thank goodness we are coming towards the end of the standard
"pre-race" stuff - only about 40 commercials to go until the green flag :punkrocke

Honestly - when I was in the navy I got to see the weekly "safety reports" and they actually had a category for "things falling off of aircraft" - I sh_t you not :D
Oh I believe it, and that fact that category is even needed :D

Back
Top Bottom