2018 Darlington Throwbacks

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Kurt Busch, Ricky Craven
Kurt-Busch-Darlington-throwback-opaint-scheme-734x467.jpg

6013b11c6e2ae4539a41543d588f761d.jpg

Darlington Raceway announces ‘Seven Decades of NASCAR’ for 2018 throwback weekend

In tribute to the 70-year history of NASCAR, Darlington Raceway will focus on iconic occasions that occurred in the sport, many of which took place at the track Too Tough To Tame, including Ned Jarrett’s record-setting 14-lap victory in 1965, Ricky Craven’s record-setting photo finish over Kurt Busch in 2003, and Jimmie Johnson’s 2012 Bojangles’ Southern 500 win, which gave team owner Rick Hendrick his 200th career victory, among others.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...-seven-decades-nascar-2018-throwback-weekend/

Since they gave William Bryon a Jeff Gordon paint scheme this year and his yellow 24 to try and manufacture a fan base, I won't be shocked to see a rainbow car or some other iconic paint scheme of his on the track this year :rolleyes:

Be nice if somebody ran a Tide scheme to match.

I'd still prefer this race be in the spring, but so far the late summer date hasn't stop me from attending. Actually, I'd prefer the track still had two dates, but that's a whole 'nuther kettle of fish.
If they really wanna go throwback, Drop the green flag on this thing at 1:00 in the afternoon while Temps are in the upper 80's , low 90's. Yes sir buddy

This throwback stuff does zippo for me but if it creates interest and generates positive vibes I am all for it. IDK who is singing the anthem this year but the Oakridge "Giddy Up, Oom Poppa Oom Poppa Mow Mow" Boys belted it out last year and were a big hit I understand.

Be nice if somebody ran a Tide scheme to match.

I'd still prefer this race be in the spring, but so far the late summer date hasn't stop me from attending. Actually, I'd prefer the track still had two dates, but that's a whole 'nuther kettle of fish.
Heck if you could get them to sponsor Dibenedetto you'd get The same number.

This throwback stuff does zippo for me but if it creates interest and generates positive vibes I am all for it. IDK who is singing the anthem this year but the Oakridge "Giddy Up, Oom Poppa Oom Poppa Mow Mow" Boys belted it out last year and were a big hit I understand.
Yeh the first year it was cool, but it's getting redundant now.

It is and will be a thread to post the throwback schemes this year as they become available.

If they really wanna go throwback, Drop the green flag on this thing at 1:00 in the afternoon while Temps are in the upper 80's , low 90's. Yes sir buddy

The heat is tough on everybody there, but it's a part of what made Darlington so tough. I think the daytime races were much better, that and the fact the cars are just going too darn fast there.

Yeh the first year it was cool, but it's getting redundant now.
You may think so, but I personally like the Darlington throwbacks. There have been some pretty sweet paint schemes that have been brought back that may not have resurfaced if not for the "Throwback Weekend". Not only that, but this generation kinda gets to see what past drivers had.

I've been to 2/3 of the darlington throwback races. I absolutely love going to the track and getting to see petty enjoy his pace laps last year was awesome... BUT

It's a complete and total pain in the ass while sitting in the stands to figure out who is who until the race gets settled in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look forward to the Darlington Throwback race. I get a kick out of the extra stuff they do for the race.

You may think so, but I personally like the Darlington throwbacks. There have been some pretty sweet paint schemes that have been brought back that may not have resurfaced if not for the "Throwback Weekend". Not only that, but this generation kinda gets to see what past drivers had.

I bet the diehard die cast people are very thankful for darlington throwback weekend...

These cars don’t ever look like the OG I don’t get the hype to be honest.. the race was the worst race I went to last year too :idunno:

Keselowski"s throwback to Rusty Wallace's Miller Genuine Draft car

sCRvI7IKYsH1YzAb9oGilP1spvvkEslaCIolNQOOe9o.png
Rusty%20MGD%20Car%20Debut550.jpg

I never liked the Blue Max MGD scheme near as much as the Penske MGD scheme, but that 2 car looks AWESOME! I can't wait to see it on the track.

I understand this 100% nitpicking, but I wish the contingency decals were period correct for whatever year the paint scheme was from if applicable.

I look at the through back schemes as fun, plain and simple. If it gets some folks more excited about a race that is a good thing. The people that don't care about it that are fans are going to watch anyway. Soooo, no harm no fowl.
I personally look forward to the through back paint (wrap) schemes, just adds a little extra to a traditional event at the original Nascar Super Speedway. :punkrocke

Keselowski"s throwback to Rusty Wallace's Miller Genuine Draft car

sCRvI7IKYsH1YzAb9oGilP1spvvkEslaCIolNQOOe9o.png
Rusty%20MGD%20Car%20Debut550.jpg
Beautiful. A very spiffy look for the 2 car. Brad has been fast at Darlington and frequently in contention for the win, but unlucky... robbed twice by late caution flags. This badass scheme will be worth at least 20 bhp... maybe that will be enough to get the win!

Beautiful. A very spiffy look for the 2 car. Brad has been fast at Darlington and frequently in contention for the win, but unlucky... robbed twice by late caution flags. This badass scheme will be worth at least 20 bhp... maybe that will be enough to get the win!

Holy cow as that scheme blows up the spiff meter.

He did a better job playing the villain than Cruise did of playing the hero...
Yep, if had the money I would produce a movie specifically to let him destroy Cole Trickle's BS existence.

Back
Top Bottom