2018 Darlington Throwbacks

Ty's a lapper car in cup and not even mentioned when he runs in the Xfinity. drawing a check.

It's a bit sad when the offspring thing doesn't work out. I saw a few late model races and saw Steve Wallace wrecking people, as usual. He gets out of the car in a filthy fire suit. Hadn't been cleaned or replaced in ages.

It's a bit sad when the offspring thing doesn't work out. I saw a few late model races and saw Steve Wallace wrecking people, as usual. He gets out of the car in a filthy fire suit. Hadn't been cleaned or replaced in ages.
yeah, it's an expensive sport. Stephen as his dad would say thru clenched teeth when he was wrecking all of his daddy's cars in the xfinity series, blew thru Rusty's patience and money pretty quickly. He's hard put to stay in a ride in any series.

JD MOTORSPORTS HONORS THE PAST ON DARLINGTON’S THROWBACK WEEKEND

Garrett Smithley’s No. 4 Chevrolet will carry the name of James Hylton, a long-time friend of the team and of team owner Davis. Hylton, a pioneer of sorts and a winner in the Cup Series, died in a highway accident this year.

The No. 0 car of Vinnie Miller will carry the name of Charlie Blanton, a short-track ace from Gaffney, S.C.

JD Motorsports’ No. 15 Chevy, to be driven this week by B.J. McLeod, will honor driver Michael Waltrip, a close friend of the team and a driver of many No. 15 cars over the years.

And Landon Cassill returns to the team this week to drive the No. 01 car, sporting the same colors and number that he carried while driving for the team for several years.

https://www.teamjdmotorsports.com/t...ors-the-past-on-darlingtons-throwback-weekend

He and Ty aren't much better than Danica was. It's hard to tell how much their rides have to do with it, but as you said, Hemric does better in the same equipment.

Austin runs in the top 15 almost every race. Comparing him to his brother or Danica is asinine.

5 or 6 wrecks in the last 5 years averaging 30+ starts is a money saver.
tell ya what they are all praising the composite body takes a lickin and keeps on ticking, sure did it's job last week on the road course..Now if they would get rid of the side tire cutter exhaust like the Pinty cars have done, flames out the back are so much cooler looking, they would have the right setup.

tell ya what they are all praising the composite body takes a lickin and keeps on ticking, sure did it's job last week on the road course..Now if they would get rid of the side tire cutter exhaust like the Pinty cars have done, flames out the back are so much cooler looking, they would have the right setup.

A frame mounted beveled cover cut from billet would end the tire popping from simply leaning on another car. I think nascar likes the drama of cut tires, but it runs counter to 'boys have at it'. One teams race shouldn't be ruined by something so easy to correct.

If they got permission to do an all black 3 car, I wouldn't really mind it. I'm sure if it shows up, they got permission from someone to do so. Don't think Richard would do it other wise.

It's the only reason I can figure for Cassill getting rides. It's a good strategy for a team trying to hang on.
I'd like to see Landon in a mid-tier car, say Petty or Roush, just to see what he could do in better equipment. I don't think putting him in SHR / JGR equipment is called for, though.

If they got permission to do an all black 3 car, I wouldn't really mind it. I'm sure if it shows up, they got permission from someone to do so. Don't think Richard would do it other wise.
Whose permission would they need? If Richard green-lighted it, I don't know who else would matter.

Whose permission would they need? If Richard green-lighted it, I don't know who else would matter.
The way I heard it, when Austin wanted to run the 3 in Cup, RC went to Martha Earnhardt and asked her about it. The only thing she
asked was that the car never be all black.

I'd like to see Landon in a mid-tier car, say Petty or Roush, just to see what he could do in better equipment. I don't think putting him in SHR / JGR equipment is called for, though.

He started his career in Finch junk, and hasn't made a lot of progress in the last 8 years. IMO, he came to cup way too early. He should have tried to make it in Xfin first and earn a decent cup ride.

The way I heard it, when Austin wanted to run the 3 in Cup, RC went to Martha Earnhardt and asked her about it. The only thing she
asked was that the car never be all black.

I was hoping Ty would get the 3 because he wrecks more cars than Austin. ;)

I have nothing against Austin Dillon, I'm just kinda salty he may get to drive the black 3 and Harvick won't.

I have nothing against Austin Dillon, I'm just kinda salty he may get to drive the black 3 and Harvick won't.
There's nothing stopping SHR from running a black #4 with a sponsor logo in a white box on the hood and white block letters on the quarter panels, IF Harvick was interested.

I would be super surprised if they ran the all black 3, and (if anything I think they would run the PLUS scheme that had it on cursive on the hood becaus it aligns on the 20 Year anniversary of Senior winning the Daytona 500 which Austin won this year) because there would be so much marketing, hats, shirts, key chains and stickers to sell that this cat would have been out of the bag in January. We’ve heard nothing up to this point. I’d say if RC decides to go the Dale route, It’s going to be the Silver Goodwrench scheme, the one that started the “special paint scheme” craze in the middle 90’s.

There's nothing stopping SHR from running a black #4 with a sponsor logo in a white box on the hood and white block letters on the quarter panels, IF Harvick was interested.

Or either of his Goodwrench schemes, but honestly the Jimmie John's schemes are so similar (on purpose, I suspect) that might be redundant.

I would be super surprised if they ran the all black 3, and (if anything I think they would run the PLUS scheme that had it on cursive on the hood becaus it aligns on the 20 Year anniversary of Senior winning the Daytona 500 which Austin won this year) because there would be so much marketing, hats, shirts, key chains and stickers to sell that this cat would have been out of the bag in January. We’ve heard nothing up to this point. I’d say if RC decides to go the Dale route, It’s going to be the Silver Goodwrench scheme, the one that started the “special paint scheme” craze in the middle 90’s.

They kept a lid on the Willie Byron rainbow scheme.

They kept a lid on the Willie Byron rainbow scheme.
That was revealed earlier in the year, the only thing they kept a lid on was the fire suit which was revealed yesterday. In fact I bought a Willy B rainbow shirt off NASCAR.com in June. Still waiting for it though.....

022329e88d0aeb8bb55c0bd428e9490e.jpg

Best picture so far

Wasn't there a #8 car as well? The Name Mike Alexander is in the back of my mind.
Mike drove the 84 also but had a bad wreck and sustained a head injury and quit. Bobby Hillin drove the 8

Back
Top Bottom