2018 Darlington Throwbacks

Looks kinda like Ricky Rudd's Piedmont car
fzZheGn.png

iu

Terry Labonte ;)

I like that one. It actually conjures its inspiration and is a scheme worthy of tributing.

Ragan's car is dang close. His sponsor is the same as Citgo on Jarrett's, now it is called Citguard instead.

I am sorry if this was posted but I just saw this now ( one of my customers I deal with showed me this on his phone briefly) I may be grasping.......but I think we are getting an Intmidator throwback. There's a reason they havent released it yet. Fandom is going to meltdown if this is indeed the case this Sunday or when they pull up to the track.
https://www.nascar.com/video/franch...lon-staying-tightlipped-darlington-throwback/

I am sorry if this was posted but I just saw this now ( one of my customers I deal with showed me this on his phone briefly) I may be grasping.......but I think we are getting an Intmidator throwback. There's a reason they havent released it yet. Fandom is going to meltdown if this is indeed the case this Sunday or when they pull up to the track.
https://www.nascar.com/video/franch...lon-staying-tightlipped-darlington-throwback/
I'm betting right now after thinking about it.... 1998 Daytona 500 throwback or 1995 Silver Goodwrench Car.

Matt's Darlington ride
pn514h2.jpg
I think they should steal a page from Dale Jarrett's playbook and race the Wienermobile. If that baby is on the bottom at Darlington, you better not be between it and the wall.

I wonder if Jr. will refer to his buddy's #6 car as 'Wienermobile' on the air? And most important, did they have enough lead time to get Oscar Mayer die-cast ready to sell at the track this weekend? I have #17 DeWalt and #20 DeWalt and Home Depot cars; a #6 OM would complete the run nicely.

Saw where tomorrow at 1030 am EST we'll find out Austin's. Let's see what they been waiting so long for.

Reactions: Pat
:D

If he shows up in a Earnhardt Sr paint scheme and doesn't get booed to heck, we'll know NASCAR has lost most of their longtime fans.
I wouldnt have a problem with it personally. Not sure about the Earnhardt family but all I know is that it'd be damn cool to see a black 3 back on the track. A whole new generation of fans would get to see the Intimidator's scheme in action. Dont think you can go wrong with it really.

I wouldnt have a problem with it personally. Not sure about the Earnhardt family but all I know is that it'd be damn cool to see a black 3 back on the track. A whole new generation of fans would get to see the Intimidator's scheme in action. Dont think you can go wrong with it really.

I wouldn't, but I seem to remember an uproar from some when he was given the number 3. I think many old timers don't hate Austin, just unworthy. We'll see what happens.

I wouldn't, but I seem to remember an uproar from some when he was given the number 3. I think many old timers don't hate Austin, just unworthy. We'll see what happens.

I'm sure you are right there will be some. Me, I like drivers who drive the heck out of the car. When Austin races in the Xfinity, his teammate Daniel Hemric beats him almost every time. So I really don't care what number is on his car, or who he drives for. He doesn't have a chance in hell of winning the cup, much less a top four final round in cup. Wheel holder IMO. :idunno:

I'm sure you are right there will be some. Me, I like drivers who drive the heck out of the car. When Austin races in the Xfinity, his teammate Daniel Hemric beats him almost every time. So I really don't care what number is on his car, or who he drives for. He doesn't have a chance in hell of winning the cup, much less a top four final round in cup. Wheel holder IMO. :idunno:

He and Ty aren't much better than Danica was. It's hard to tell how much their rides have to do with it, but as you said, Hemric does better in the same equipment.

Back
Top Bottom