2018 - Daytona 500 - Pre Race Thread

DVao6u-WsAAUPRu.jpg:large

Sure hope Daytona avoids any rain this weekend.

Though it could be worse as the tracks at Chicagoland and Michigan are probably beginning to look something like this right about now . . .

snowy racetrack.jpg

Still weird seeing what was originally Jeff Gordon’s paint scheme with rookie stripes.
I was in love with the 2014 and 2015 Axalta scheme with the flames on black, but wow that Blue makes the Flames pop out more so. Wish Jeff had a chance to drive that car, I agree still looks weird.

@AndyMarquisLive you see her race super late models? she got talnet?

It's a small sample size and it wasn't what she races in Wisconsin, but she ran some Late Model Stock Car races out here and it wasn't pretty (not sure she was in good cars though). But she's been solid in Super Late Models.

I think some in the media are jumping the gun way too fast tonight hyping her up. Milka Duno has an ARCA Superspeedway pole too.

Can someone in NASCAR grow a pair and revoke the 23's charter for "actions detrimental to stock car racing" already? Holy crap.

What difference does it make?

Was this one for me or for someone else? Seeing it wasn't addressed to me I am not sure but If it was for me I don't think having less cars showing up to qualify for a race is a big deal but you were asking about the difference. The difference is that in years past it was normal for more cars to show up at the track to qualify then there was room in the field. That is what I see as being different and I was wondering what people thought about whether 40 cars showing up at Daytona meant anything for other races.

20 years ago, we had 58 entries at Daytona. 10 years ago, we had 53. Five years ago, 45. This year, it looks like 39 and a half (maybe).

I don't like this trend.

It sure dampens the optimism.

Was this one for me or for someone else? Seeing it wasn't addressed to me I am not sure but If it was for me I don't think having less cars showing up to qualify for a race is a big deal but you were asking about the difference. The difference is that in years past it was normal for more cars to show up at the track to qualify then there was room in the field. That is what I see as being different and I was wondering what people thought about whether 40 cars showing up at Daytona meant anything for other races.

This one is addressed to you

This one is addressed to you

Hahaha. I had a stroke a while back and I still get a miss on a couple of cylinders so if someone is wanting to say something to me they best say it to me instead of making a comment to no one. I appreciate what you did there.

Back
Top Bottom