2018 DAYTONA -- THE COKE ZERO SUGAR 400 - Pre-Race Thread

Unfortunately, the 'stars' are often the people the fans and marketers declare to be stars. This declaration may not have anything to do with performance, and may completely ignore those who are actually outperforming the 'stars'.o_O

Five open, non-charter cars entered for four open starting spots...

7 Earnhardt
62 Gaughan
92 Peters
96 Kennington
99 Cassill

If qualifying is rained out, who gets sent home early? The 99 trails in owner points, just 9 points from four races entered. Landon Cassill has usually driven the 00, not the 99, so I guess a pay driver is in the 00 this week and would have the charter guaranteed slot.

The 62 entered for Brendan Gaughan has just two previous attempts, but I don't think attempts count any longer?? Anyone know?
So yes you are correct, the 99 would be odd man out.

yep Cassill is out if it continues to rain at Swamptona

Sigh
Dustin Long‏ @dustinlong 4m4 minutes ago
#NASCAR: Significant quantity of moisture landing on the track at this particular time at Daytona.

No. 88 Team‏Verified account @Hendrick88Team 1m1 minute ago
No. 88 Team Retweeted Fanatics Trackside

Due to inclement weather at @DISupdates, @AlexBowman88’s appearance at @TracksideShop has been cancelled today. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Daytona International Speedway
45 mins ·

2:00pm - WX ALERT: Severe thunderstorms forecasted for DAYTONA area including lightning; Advise to clear stadium & secure items at campsites. Please take necessary precautions.

1:49pm - WX UPDATE: Lightning still present in the DIS area. Maintain safe shelter and take necessary precautions.

Weather Alert: Thunderstorms forecasted for DAYTONA area including lightning; Advise to clear stadium & secure items at campsites. Please take necessary precautions

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Chase a quarter second faster then the field, they broke out the Dale Jr setup for him.

Woo!!!! #9 on the pole!!! 88 2nd 48 4th
cartwheel.gif

Elliott and Bowman on the front row. At least HMS still has RP qualifying locked down.

3 weeks in a row high qualifying with road race cars, 1.5 cars and now speedway cars. I'm beginning to believe it isn't the car's fault the lack of speed during the races.

3 weeks in a row high qualifying with road race cars, 1.5 cars and now speedway cars. I'm beginning to believe it isn't the car's fault the lack of speed during the races.

Bowman sat on the pole for the 500. Chevy and HMS in particular have always had speed on the plate tracks. Camero or no Camero.

Hoping Elliott didnt eat a bowl of Armour Chili before got ready for the race

^^ He is a marvel. There’s no doubt about that.

I think the Hooter girls gave him a pep talk
My bad , I was taking about Elliott Sadler , I should of made that more clear with Chase being in the race.

Way to go Chase. Would love to see that first win, but it’s Daytona, so who knows. Also great run Michael in the 34.

Back
Top Bottom