2018 Fontana - Auto Club 400 - Pre Race Thread

this is bs,i glad i didnt go today.they should give to top 24 that make it though a new set of tires to start the race on.

Then it sounds like teams did it to themselves. Don't think they should be starting on new tires though.

Every time NASCAR rolls out a new inspection process this happens at least once. Hell, remember a couple years ago at Atlanta with the brand new low downforce package when half the field didn't make it thru?

Some of it will bleed over to Martinsville practice times, but having a tire advantage Auto Club isn't anything to sneeze at. The big teams have the same scanner that Nascar uses, even Childress has one.

This is laughable.

NASCAR cannot catch a team with an obvious malforming rear window all weekend and said team gets through tech no issue.

Now NASCAR has an inspection process that doesnt allow several to even qualify.

The consistency here is pathetic.

Regardless, the first few laps of this thing are going to be fun to watch at midpack.

They changed the rule before the weekend or mid race weekend? If they're making up rules as they go that's totally laughable, though not surprising.

So what is the new rule for this weekend? Everyone gets fresh tires?
Yes ,every team gets to start on fresh tires.

Well that issue got taken care of quickly.

The timing sucks, but this is a great rule change. In the last couple of years, we've often seen teams skip the last round of Q, knowing they'll start 12th or 11th on newer tires. For all we know, the failing teams sacrificed pit position to start on new rubber, esp. those with the fastest practice times who will start in the mid-20s.

The old rule penalized the fastest cars; good riddance.

I will not watch the race Sunday, I will find something better to spend my time on.
smh and this is why nascar ratings are dropping because of stuff like this and fans stuck in there ways. why even be on a nascar forum and then say i wont watch the race. its sad because alot of nascar fans act like this..

NASCAR..... Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
A little forward thinking wouldn't hurt. More often than not, they're reactionary thinkers and it looks terrible in most cases.

You're telling me these qualifying scenarios weren't thought of when they were sitting around the table coming up with the rest of their ideas, or last year when they made the rule about starting on used tires? Hello- that's pretty bad.

smh and this is why nascar ratings are dropping because of stuff like this and fans stuck in there ways. why even be on a nascar forum and then say i wont watch the race. its sad because alot of nascar fans act like this..

He's upset his guy doesn't have an advantage come Sunday.

It should be a great race.

You're telling me these qualifying scenarios weren't thought of when they were sitting around the table coming up with the rest of their ideas, or last year when they made the rule about starting on used tires? Hello- that's pretty bad.
I don't think they could conceive of a team NOT trying to qualify. I know I didn't. :idunno:

Jeff Gluck‏Verified account @jeff_gluck 24m24 minutes ago
NASCAR is informing Xfinity Series crew chiefs this morning of a rule change: If they do not pass inspection and therefore don’t make a qualifying attempt, they will not only start in the back but ALSO serve a pass-through penalty when the race goes green.

I don't think they could conceive of a team NOT trying to qualify. I know I didn't. :idunno:
I wouldn't even focus on them purposely not trying. The scenario they should have thought of is teams not passing inspection and not even getting to make a lap. Which has been going on since they started this timed knockout qualifying format. But suddenly it's an issue in the middle of race weekend because they didn't think of it when they made the used tire rule last year.

It's not NASCAR's fault that the teams failed, but it's 1000% their fault that it has caused this mess.

Sadler's team did it at Phoenix, quit after the first round. They had to start at the back anyway, he said that AutoClub had huge pit stalls next week so they ran the first elimination round to have a good enough pick for a decent one and saved his tires for his Phoenix race. Didn't help.

Back
Top Bottom