2018 IndyCar news/misc. stuff

She got ****** over by Dragon Racing and Kat and Seb did not really get along with one another.

I wish Kat got another fair crack and her sponsor bailed as well, I think it was TrueCar back in '12.
She got screwed over in the Grace Autosport thing too. Supposedly they had an agreement to buy/lease a chassis from another team and the other party backed out late.

Ahem, ahem...

Santi says hello.
I'd chip in for him to get a ride at this point.

He'll finish 2nd (again) in Lights this year, to Pato, and Herta will probably move up too. My hope is he and Belardi can move up together in some capacity.

Legge vs. Danica? No contest for me. I'll take Danica-babe in a heartbeat!!
:D

And by the way, interesting video about the car cameras on the IndyCar.com website.

:)

I think Alonso is at least back for the 500 next year, maybe part-time in the series. I don't really see him running the whole thing, but who knows.

I think Alonso is at least back for the 500 next year, maybe part-time in the series. I don't really see him running the whole thing, but who knows.
It's hard to imagine him spending a weekend in the cornfields of Iowa, downtown Detroit, etc. but the more he comments on the state of F1 the more likely it sounds. The Renault thing obviously hasn't panned out and McLaren won't have a chance until 2021 with the new regulations. He's not getting signed by Ferrari or Mercedes. There's not a whole lot for him to do besides fight for the top of the midpack. With that in mind, a dual IndyCar/WEC program sounds not unreasonable.

It does sound like Brown wants McLaren to be in IndyCar (and WEC) independent of Alonso though, which is good. One rumor was that they want to go after Dixon - Kiwi connection and all - but I'm not sure how likely that is. Not a bad place to stash young drivers too, like if Norris wins F2 this year and they don't want to rush him up to F1 next season.

It's hard to imagine him spending a weekend in the cornfields of Iowa, downtown Detroit, etc. but the more he comments on the state of F1 the more likely it sounds. The Renault thing obviously hasn't panned out and McLaren won't have a chance until 2021 with the new regulations. He's not getting signed by Ferrari or Mercedes. There's not a whole lot for him to do besides fight for the top of the midpack. With that in mind, a dual IndyCar/WEC program sounds not unreasonable.
A big piece of F1 success has to do with being in the right place at the right time. That's true in all racing series, but probably more crucial in F1 than most. Fernando Alonso has mis-managed that part in a really epic way. He has made tons of money, but his F1 sporting results are way, way short of what they might have been. It is my opinion that Alonso's career mis-management has bloated the results achieved by Hamilton and Vettel, so it worked out super for them.

A big piece of F1 success has to do with being in the right place at the right time. That's true in all racing series, but probably more crucial in F1 than most. Fernando Alonso has mis-managed that part in a really epic way. He has made tons of money, but his F1 sporting results are way, way short of what they might have been. It is my opinion that Alonso's career mis-management has bloated the results achieved by Hamilton and Vettel, so it worked out super for them.
Yep. Left Renault when they were are their prime. Left McLaren when they were at their prime. Left Ferrari when they were near the top. At least he's rich so I don't feel bad for him.

I have to wonder how that compares to F1 over the same time period. Probably pretty similar, maybe slightly more than F1.

When they were first testing the OEM aero kits a few years ago Chevy reportedly were doing laps at COTA that would've qualified them in the midfield for the US GP. Insane how much downforce those cars had.

wickens/rossi crash, and Rossi's wreck while in the lead count for two of their count statistics ;)

Back
Top Bottom