2018 NASCAR Truck Thread

Dalton Sargeant, GMS racing is fastest in practice. Late entry Xfinity Driver Daniel Hemeric is 11th

upload_2018-5-18_10-35-23.png

I'm thinking this is something that is rigged up for part time drivers who have multiple drivers in their truck? It's a guess anyway.

Truck Series qualifying update puts emphasis on performance
The change shifts from the current system of using qualifying attempts as the main determining factor in assigning provisional starting spots. The procedural update, which was to be communicated to teams Wednesday afternoon, is scheduled to go into effect for the series’ July 12 race at Kentucky Speedway.
“Back in the day, it probably made a lot of sense,” Moran said, “but where we’re at today with the new NT1 engine and new teams wanting to participate and wanting to grow, it didn’t give them that opportunity unless they came to every single race, and we want to put the best field in front of the fans and put the best race on we can. For the last couple years, we’ve seen that unfortunately some quality trucks went home and we want to try to avoid that if possible.”

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...ng-update-performance/?linkId=100000002643710

Reddit never disappoints. At any rate, here is the entry list for the race he will be in. I hope the new surface is kind to them

upload_2018-6-5_18-27-52.png

0 cupaliens whoopeee

To be fair near everyone on reddit called that Crafton "rumour"/joke/whatever out as BS

Full weekend schedule for Iowa

Note: All times are ET

Saturday, June 16
— 9:35-10:25 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series first practice, FS1
— 11:05-11:55 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS2
— 3:05-3:55 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series first practice, FS2
— 4:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Pole Qualifying, FS2
— 5:40-6:30 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, FS1
— 7 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series M&M’s 200 presented by Casey’s General Store 200 (200 laps, 175 miles), FS1

Sunday, June 17
— 2:35 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series Pole Qualifying, FS2
— 5 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series Iowa 250 presented by Enogen (250 laps, 218.75 miles), FS1

YOUNG’S MOTORSPORTS EXPANDS TO THREE TEAMS AND IS READY TO TAKE ON IOWA SPEEDWAY
TEAM EXPANSION: The Young’s Motorsports No. 02 Chevrolet will be piloted by Austin Hill, the No. 20 GoShare Chevrolet by Tanner Thorson, and the No. 12 OEM2 Powered by TrüNorth™/Harrison Truck Centers/MDA Camp by Reid Wilson. Saturday’s race at Iowa Speedway will be the first visit for all three drivers to the 7/8-mile circuit.

https://www.youngsmotorsports.com/n...e-teams-and-is-ready-to-take-on-iowa-speedway

TV coverage is a bit of a mess
Note: All times are ET
Friday, June 22
ON TRACK: GATEWAY
3:35-4:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, No TV
5:35-6:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, No TV
7:35-8:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS2

Saturday, June 23
ON TRACK: GATEWAY

5:45 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series pole qualifying (tape delayed airing on FS1 at 7 p.m. ET)
8:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Villa Lighting delivers the Eaton 200, FS1 (160 laps, 200 miles), FS1

I have low expectations for Gateway. New pavement and I watched the ARCA race there and it looked pretty slick even with rosin in the corners. Who knows, the trucks could will make a lair out of me.

Final Practice results at Gateway
upload_2018-6-23_14-54-49.png

Ten lap averages
upload_2018-6-23_15-2-29.png

Yeah the ARCA race last night did not leave me expecting a great race

Larson, Bell join Trucks broadcast team for Eldora

Fox Sports is set to announce today the addition of Larson and Christopher Bell to its broadcast team for the Wednesday, July 18 Camping World Truck Series race at the half-mile dirt track. Larson will join Vince Welch and Michael Waltrip in the booth as an analyst. Bell will cover the infield and pits alongside Hermie Sadler and Kenny Wallace.

https://racer.com/2018/06/27/larson-bell-join-trucks-broadcast-team-for-eldora/

In the 20 truck
Tullman, 20, was already scheduled to compete for Young’s in the Aug. 26 Truck race at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park and Oct. 13 at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway.
Max Tullman is going to make his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut earlier than expected.

Tullman, an IMSA Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge veteran that has also made several starts in NASCAR’s K&N Pro series and ARCA, will compete in Friday night’s Overton’s 225 Truck race at Chicagoland Speedway in Young’s Motorsports’ No. 20 Chevrolet. Tullman, 20, was already scheduled to compete for Young’s in the Aug. 26 Truck race at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park and Oct. 13 at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-t...-truck-debut-advanced-to-chicagoland-1052555/

In the 20 truck
Tullman, 20, was already scheduled to compete for Young’s in the Aug. 26 Truck race at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park and Oct. 13 at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway.
Max Tullman is going to make his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut earlier than expected.

Tullman, an IMSA Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge veteran that has also made several starts in NASCAR’s K&N Pro series and ARCA, will compete in Friday night’s Overton’s 225 Truck race at Chicagoland Speedway in Young’s Motorsports’ No. 20 Chevrolet. Tullman, 20, was already scheduled to compete for Young’s in the Aug. 26 Truck race at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park and Oct. 13 at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-t...-truck-debut-advanced-to-chicagoland-1052555/
I like Max, hes the driver I've found who lives the closest to me. Also for having a sports car background has been pretty good in his ARCA starts.

I like Max, hes the driver I've found who lives the closest to me. Also for having a sports car background has been pretty good in his ARCA starts.
never heard of him myself, but I made a note to see what he does at Canadian Tire. That is always a must see race.

never heard of him myself, but I made a note to see what he does at Canadian Tire. That is always a must see race.
Yeah that will be a good race for him, but he showed skills at Daytona and Talladega in ARCA obviously still learning on the other tracks he has run.

A road course is about the only place a road racer with a smaller team can make a difference and even there it is tough to do.

Back
Top Bottom